Menu

One more time for good house thoughts?

Well, we did ask about those properties that said no pets ... and they really meant it.

Last week we finally found a house. We put in our application. Then we were told that they had two applications, and were going to decide between us. Fine.

This week, they have no decision. Oh, and they also no longer have any idea of when they can be out of the house. Their realtor is so frustrated with them that she's going to cease her representation.

Hoo, boy.

But another house has come on the market, and it's *perfect*. Not just "it'll do", but PERFECT. It's in a great area. It's not too far from work. It's beautiful.

The owner is "unsure" about our cats. He asked if we could confine them to the screened-in porch. Um ... that wouldn't work so well in the wintertime, perhaps. He asked if we could confine them to downstairs: Well, sure, except that the stairway is open, with no way to block it all to keep the cats off of it. It's not possible.

We promised to have the carpets cleaned professionally, and offered an extra deposit.

Our move date is supposed to be in three weeks, and I am losing. my. mind. We really want this house. We really need this house.

Well, we did ask about those properties that said no pets ... and they really meant it.

Last week we finally found a house. We put in our application. Then we were told that they had two applications, and were going to decide between us. Fine.

This week, they have no decision. Oh, and they also no longer have any idea of when they can be out of the house. Their realtor is so frustrated with them that she's going to cease her representation.

Hoo, boy.

But another house has come on the market, and it's *perfect*. Not just "it'll do", but PERFECT. It's in a great area. It's not too far from work. It's beautiful.

The owner is "unsure" about our cats. He asked if we could confine them to the screened-in porch. Um ... that wouldn't work so well in the wintertime, perhaps. He asked if we could confine them to downstairs: Well, sure, except that the stairway is open, with no way to block it all to keep the cats off of it. It's not possible.

We promised to have the carpets cleaned professionally, and offered an extra deposit.

Our move date is supposed to be in three weeks, and I am losing. my. mind. We really want this house. We really need this house.

When do you think you'll know no the *perfect* house? I'd think that with your willingness to pay extra on the deposit, that's got to help, right? Ohhhh, how exciting! You need a perfect place to be for a while. You've all been so patient with all the uprooting and making-do. {{hugs}]

Got my fingers crossed for you~~

Dy

When do you think you'll know no the *perfect* house? I'd think that with your willingness to pay extra on the deposit, that's got to help, right? Ohhhh, how exciting! You need a perfect place to be for a while. You've all been so patient with all the uprooting and making-do. {{hugs}]

Got my fingers crossed for you~~

Dy

Thanks, Dy, and everyone! I don't know when we'll know. Soon, I hope. We have to wait for them to do the credit checks, etc. etc. etc., and decide what accommodation we can come to on the cats.

I hate waiting. (Said in my best Inigo Montoya voice. Do you think it would help if I gave them my word as a Spaniard?)

The ONLY thing left for them to check on our application is our rental history with current landlord. Current property manager hasn't returned any calls. Nor has he returned DH's calls. Nor mine. He lives across the street. His truck is in the driveway. No one answered the door. :glare:

Where is the firey death emoticon?

Our property manager went on vacation.

Without notifying us, without leaving us with an emergency number.

Now I realize that over the past two years, this must be how he has handled all his vacations.

If you manage a property, shouldn't you leave the tenants with an emergency number, or someone else to call, if they have a problem and you are out of town?

I. Want. To. Scream.

Anyway. He's gone. He's supposed to be checking his messages, but who the heck knows. The realtor of the house we want is already annoyed that it's taken this long (two whole days!!), when she has another application in the wings from some other family who presumably can get their info verified quickly.

I sure wish I had the option to cry, to run off and say that I give up.

(The actual landlord is in Germany. We don't have his phone number. The property manager has it. Ha, ha ha.)