Menu

Tell me it's okay that we only did the bare minimum today...

LOL

Oh good gravy. I have NO excuse whatsoever and we did pretty much nothing today.

LOL. You crack me up--you always say stuff like this but your kids are doing so well, I know there must be some sneak schooling going on somewhere :lol:

Yes, of course it's OK, but I know exactly how you feel. Even when we plan time off, for a birthday, or because DH has a day off to do something special, I always feel horribly, horribly guilty - I know it's irrational, but I just can't help it.

It sounds as though you really deserve a guilt free day off, hope you're feeling better.

Best wishes

Cassy

We are just a bunch of geniuses and I'm trying really hard to dumb us down. :tongue_smilie::lol:

I know LOL. That's hard work in and of itself. My suggestions? Lots of t.v., video games, junk food, trashy books and no exercise. That's really important.

LOL

Oh good gravy. I have NO excuse whatsoever and we did pretty much nothing today.

Me, too. Actually, I was reflecting this morning on how February and March always seem to be as bad for us as November and December. I just can't seem to get us back in to a regular routine. This week was supposed to be our back on track week before dd goes out of town for 2 weeks with my parents. Instead, I've been sick, the dvd player broke (which is used for math & latin) and work has been crazy.

I will use the 2 weeks she's gone to get things back in order but in the meantime I have decided not to stress about it.

LOL. You crack me up--you always say stuff like this but your kids are doing so well, I know there must be some sneak schooling going on somewhere :lol:

This made me lol...dh always says something like this when I'm going on and on about how we never get everything done and how we haven't done any work all week.

LOL

This. :glare:

OP, sounds like you deserve some time off. I take time off when I deserve it, but mostly I take time off when I don't deserve it. :D

LOL

:lol: Me too! We went to some friends houses this morning and played video games. A medical procedure!? Take a week off and put your feet up!

Thanks all. I have a really hard time taking time off (as my children will attest :glare:) and really did think we'd be able to do a few things this afternoon. S'fine. They needed a break.

Hope everyone enjoyed the break. :001_smile: And that you are feeling well.

:lol: It was an outpatient thing, but it did involve anesthesia...so there. I am going to read to the kids tonight for "history" :lol:

lol....hey, all we did was read today for history (and do a guitar lesson and homeschool bowling league) and all I've got is the tail end of a cold! Anesthesia is a much better excuse.

(Maybe I can also count that my 11 y/o helped make dinner as like home ec or something. Can Rock Band 2 count as extra "music?" No...? :P)

It's Friday. (Even WWS ends on Thurs!) This is our 'lite' day. We did spelling, grammar, math, and watched 2 episodes of I * CLAVDIVS. ;)

The end. We went and got our eyebrows waxed, and went shopping for dance items. I don't feel the least bit guilty, and I wasn't sick. (We did also participate in a truly major 'cultural event' yesterday, but still. I don't know how some people get so much done in a normal day, never mind a Friday.)

Edited by LibraryLover

lol....hey, all we did was read today for history (and do a guitar lesson and homeschool bowling league) and all I've got is the tail end of a cold! Anesthesia is a much better excuse.

(Maybe I can also count that my 11 y/o helped make dinner as like home ec or something. Can Rock Band 2 count as extra "music?" No...? :P)

I'll let you count those as schoolwork if you let me count my kids' trip to BJs (and learning about the value of bulk-buying) as math, and fixing their bike chains as science (physics!)

Oh, and I'm sure my son listening to Taio Cruz on his Kindle Fire counts as music...or P.E.? He WAS dancing.......

I'll let you count those as schoolwork if you let me count my kids' trip to BJs (and learning about the value of bulk-buying) as math, and fixing their bike chains as science (physics!)

Oh, and I'm sure my son listening to Taio Cruz on his Kindle Fire counts as music...or P.E.? He WAS dancing.......

Deal!

She's obviously not rigorous enough for this place. :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

In my family, we actually had a *huge* positive validation this week that the things kids do in their "free" time can become a major factor in later academic success and possibly their future career, even though it looks like they're "just playing" or "wasting time". Schoolwork is a good foundation, but it's the passions that can develop in the down time that can really spark academic excellence in the long run. Everyone needs a "sick day" now and again, especially when they're not sick! Hope your kiddos enjoyed their day!

In my family, we actually had a *huge* positive validation this week that the things kids do in their "free" time can become a major factor in later academic success and possibly their future career, even though it looks like they're "just playing" or "wasting time". Schoolwork is a good foundation, but it's the passions that can develop in the down time that can really spark academic excellence in the long run. Everyone needs a "sick day" now and again, especially when they're not sick! Hope your kiddos enjoyed their day!

I thnk you're totally right, and DH has mentioned that he thinks the kids need more 'down time' in their day. Even DS9, who likes school and never balks, has been hinting that he'd like more free time. (When I mentioned that he might give up an extracurricular sport he said "Well, that's not what I wanted to give up..." :lol:) I have been trying to lighten the load a bit for the last few weeks. Maybe we'll keep it up for another week, but this time, I'll EMBRACE it instead of fight it.

I don't know if I can do it. :001_huh:

:001_wub: :iagree: So important to keep this in mind!

Sweetie, if anesthesia was involved, you're definitely in recovery. Order in dinner and watch a movie. :D

:iagree: I hope you did this...and take the weekend too. Just relax. Homeschooling is a marathon, not a sprint. That means long years of training....you are a good mommy!

I have been trying to lighten the load a bit for the last few weeks. Maybe we'll keep it up for another week, but this time, I'll EMBRACE it instead of fight it.

I don't know if I can do it. :001_huh:

It may sound crazy to more relaxed folks, but a friend of mine actually schedules it into her day. She is a very schedule-driven person, so having "free play" on the schedule, and having a name for it she can use when talking to her kids about the plan for the day, really helped her to remember to include it.

It may sound crazy to more relaxed folks, but a friend of mine actually schedules it into her day. She is a very schedule-driven person, so having "free play" on the schedule, and having a name for it she can use when talking to her kids about the plan for the day, really helped her to remember to include it.

Good idea. It's soooo hard for me to do this.