Menu

Does everyone still love Atelier Art?

lorrainejmc

This seemed to be on everyone's wish list last year, including mine, but our budget didn't stretch to it. We stumbled upon Scott Foresman art for very little cash and it has been a surprise success, but I was just wondering about Atelier as I haven't heard it mentioned in ages. So how's it going? :bigear:

We have difficulty making time for it, we've only completed three projects, but we've enjoyed the variety. I think it helps that I really like doing this sort of thing. We've pretty much resorted to doing art on less busy weekends. I'm glad I bought it (cheaper at HS buyer's co-op) and plan to finish it.

I plan to use mine over the summer so we'll see what we think. Right now we are using Artistic Pursuits and we like it. We do about 1 lesson a week. We like to do some school over the summer to maintain a routine so I thought Atelier would be a fun fit.

We have completed an entire level of Atelier and 1/2 of another. All my kids really like it and look forward to the lessons. I also lent a level out to a friend for her to use for the year and every time I talk to her she lets me know how much her kids enjoy the program.

They like the variety of the projects and the difficulty level is appropriate.

I think their favorite part is that they get to see what the other kids in the class did. This gives them something to compare their work too and it's one of their favorite parts of each lesson.

I'm really glad a sprung the money for the program and have no regrets.

We have only done three lessons mostly due to me not making it a priority. :blush:

I have level 3 and my younger two (grades 1 & 3) like it. It's a bit easy for my 5th grader who also takes an advanced art class at co-op. I bought it on sale through HSBC and feel it was worth the sale price (glad I didn't pay too much).

We love it. I use it with all of my kids (5-13 yo). We started at the kindergarten level and have just progressed along. We are just starting level 3. The 13 year old has never indicated that she felt too old for it.

This is one of my must-have programs each year. And I love it because it is parent-friendly. All I have to do is provide the supplies.

Kathy

Edited by Birkenkathy
clarification

i bought it last year after reading so much about it here, and it was on sale at the homeschool buyer's coop. I got one DVD level to use with my kids, and due to my poor planning, we've only done two lessons. The results were great. Now whether I would spend that kind of money again on a different level, I'm not sure... with so many library books and online resources I might try something else as a 'teaching tool'.

We just got it on Thursday. I asked my dd to put in the dvd and make sure that it was working right so that we could have a lesson next week. She started watching and demanded to do a lesson right then, although it was 4:30 in the afternoon and school was over. She asked to do another lesson yesterday on Sat, but my dh was using the TV. So far so good.

• 4 weeks later...

We have loved it at our house. We couldn't afford art lessons, but I feel that this is pretty close to the real thing.

Does anyone know if Homeschool Buyer's Co-op will have it again this year? I am trying to decide if I will buy the next level at my homeschool convention or wait for the group buy?

Love, love, love it. I bought two full levels during last year's sale and I am so glad I did. I took the supply list for Level 1 and purchased everything at the start of the year and put it up high in our craft closet. It has been super easy to implement and the projects are always great!

I have been following threads that discuss Atelier since I am interested in this program, but it is expensive.

I received an email from Home School Buyers Co-op this morning that stated Atelier will go on sale starting April 2. I am not sure what the cost will be, but wanted to pass on the info since sometimes the price is determined by how many people purchase the program.

I have been following threads that discuss Atelier since I am interested in this program, but it is expensive.

I received an email from Home School Buyers Co-op this morning that stated Atelier will go on sale starting April 2. I am not sure what the cost will be, but wanted to pass on the info since sometimes the price is determined by how many people purchase the program.

Thanks!

I just hopped on here to post the same thing. They have a link which allows you to indicate how interested you are in purchasing this.

I just pulled out a module yesterday that was just sitting on the shelf and realized I really need to be using this product! My kids do so well with the DVD instructional approach and if I get the supplies ahead of time I think it will get done. I have some other art books but they are even less likely to get done so I just need to get in gear and make this a priority over the summer. Reading, swimming, playgrounds, National Parks, and art. That sounds like a nice summer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Gods2gifts

I wanted to know if anyone has a special needs child and used this curriculum? My daughter is 13 (mentally 5-6) I thought the visual DVD of other children would be good for her. Does anyone have one they no longer need and would like to sale?

Thanks

Vivian

I wanted to know if anyone has a special needs child and used this curriculum? My daughter is 13 (mentally 5-6) I thought the visual DVD of other children would be good for her. Does anyone have one they no longer need and would like to sale?

Thanks

Vivian

Vivian,

I would cross post this on the special needs board here also. You can also post a WTB ad when you decide what level you want.

I think this would work really well for a special needs child. The teacher on the dvd illustrates what she is teaching, then the dvd shows the children doing art projects using the techniques she has taught them.