Menu

Sad today.

We move tomorrow back home to TN. Although the move is needed, it isn't what we all really want. I'm sad to leave a great group of moms that I actually fit in with. My kids are sad to leave their friends that THEY fit in with, only to go back to an area sorely lacking in homeschooled teens. My husband is sad because we are sad, and because of all the trauma and everything that has led up to this move.

I'm struggling a bit this morning. I guess mostly because dh is feeling so down. His health has done nothing but go downhill since we moved here. He sees his ability to function normally slipping away. He's probably feeling defeated with this move. We are going to a smaller, not nearly as nice house. It bothers him, and it bothers him that it bothers him.

Then I worry. We are pursuing moving to an area where we can have a mini farm. I know that making it work will likely fall to me, because unless there is a dramatic upturn in his health, he won't be able to. I'm not worried about the work...I'm worried about how that will affect him mentally.

I'm just a wad of emotions this morning. And that time of the month isn't helping :lol:

We are spending the day bowling with our friends, and then having ice cream. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. Then we are leaving at 4AM...likely never to return.

:grouphug: We did that last year. It was much needed, we needed to be closer to family, we needed the change, but it's still hard. Dh hates the cold, I miss my friends. I miss my backyard that was gorgeous.

As much as this is a good thing for you, don't be ashamed to take the time to mourn. I know this is different than the path your family set out on. :grouphug:

I try to find something joyful in each new step. Then I feel selfish when I miss what we chose not to do, then I have a cry and eat some chocolate.

I've always tried to own the choices we've made in life, I have a harder time with this one, even though it was the right thing to do.

:grouphug:

:grouphug: We did that last year. It was much needed, we needed to be closer to family, we needed the change, but it's still hard. Dh hates the cold, I miss my friends. I miss my backyard that was gorgeous.

As much as this is a good thing for you, don't be ashamed to take the time to mourn. I know this is different than the path your family set out on. :grouphug:

I try to find something joyful in each new step. Then I feel selfish when I miss what we chose not to do, then I have a cry and eat some chocolate.

I've always tried to own the choices we've made in life, I have a harder time with this one, even though it was the right thing to do.

Thank you....I needed this :) I've moved so many times in my life....but this one just seems harder.

I am so sorry that you are sad!

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,†declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I pray that you find it to be a greater change than you ever expected!!:001_smile:

:grouphug: Oh hon, I'd be sad, too. Elegantlion is right, it's okay to feel sad.

I will encourage you, though, to do whatever it takes to keep those bonds of friendship with your Texas friends intact. I have let too many slip over the course of our many moves, and let them slip unnecessarily. I know you are in frugal mode, but do splurge on some kind of communication plan that will help you stay in touch with your support team. Facebook, a calling card, email, a great long distance plan.... choose one and consider it a necessity. Friends really do help.

I am with you on the farm bit...we have one, if my dh was incapacitated, I would say NO! Get the smallest lot you can or even a townhouse! There are some really nice ones! Too many put too much on size of house! We've lived in all sizes...there is something to be said for those families in ITaly who pass down their 700 sq. foot villa for generations and raise oodles of kids in them! Even England/Germany..sq. footage is what you make of it!

I haven't moved tons in my life, but I've moved near family and away from them. It is nice to have a support system.

The only real advice i can give you is trust your instincts when you made the decision to move. Knowing how much you love your friends and home and life you have now, there must have been some very strong reasons for you to change your life. Trust that. Good things are to come!!!!