Menu

Any MST3K fans out there?

I used to love watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 back in the late 80's and 90's. I found out a few months ago that Youtube has a lot of video clips from the show. :hurray:

So are they any other fans out there?

I thought it might be fun to share some clips and have a laugh. :)

These are two of my favorites. I die laughing every time I see them. Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUWQGx2rzjA

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a fan! I'm totally going to check out those clips. Netflix has a lot of episodes on instant play, too.

Now off to look at Youtube.

The second one is long (20 mins) but the whole thing is non-stop laughs! But the first one is a lot shorter and very funny too. :)

I'm SO happy to see another fan. That was such a great show. It's a shame it's not on anymore.

Who did you like better with Crow and Robot, Joel or Michael. I always liked Joel best. He's just so funny. hehe

I love MST! Just last week I made my husband play Fugitive Alien for us to watch. I love that one.

MST is my idea of a comfort movie. :001_smile:

hehehehehe That is so awesome!!! Nobody around here knows that show. They always look at me like this :001_huh: whenever I describe the premise of it and try to tell them how funny it was.

I have my dd hooked on it now too. :D

Longtime MSTK fan here, since I was in high school! We love Rifftrax too (just the short films though) and Cinematic Titanic (which has Joel, Trace, Frank, Mary Jo, and J. Elvis). Oldest DD and I saw CT live in Seattle and everyone signed my original MST3K Information Club card. We were totally starstruck meeting everyone (especially Joel, our favorite). Everyone was so nice.

DH isn't a fan ( :glare: ) but I've trained the kids well. They'll watch an episode whenever I want. :D

CT is more like MST3K imo, because they stick with the old, really cheesy movies. Rifftrax actually does some good movies (like Raiders of the Lost Ark) which I don't think works as well. Their shorts are hilarious though...a lot of them are films they used to show in public schools in the 70s and 80s. One of our favorites is "At Your Fingertips: Grasses" (even DH liked that one)

Love that one! The kids and I always sing "He tried to kill me with a forklift..." :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

and the hike your pants up go from Daddy O....

or the lines from Daddy O---

Want Some?

(smack smack)

I want an answer!

I'd mention Torgo, but "the master would not approve"

-crystal

Oh yea, big Mysties here. My dh has all of them on VHS from when he recorded them off Comedy Central a hundred years ago. He's been working on transferring them to DVD.

Manos, Hands of Fate is one of my favorites. And we watched Santa Claus vs the Aliens for Christmas this year.

One of my favorite quotes was from a Joel episode. It was of those "educational" shorts about women going off to college to learn how to be better wives. :001_rolleyes: The girl was showing off a big engagement ring and the voiceover says "Susie is showing off her 5 pound potty." So Joel says "my, Susie must have had a big breakfast!" :smilielol5:

Somewhere I have a Fresh Cheese T-shirt I got during a screening of the MST3K movie at my university.

I do too!! :D I think it was not the actual MST movie of This Island Earth, but an episode named Zombie Nightmare that was the Fresh Cheese event, but I'm not sure. I think I saw both events in the same building on campus so it's all mixed up.

I love going to those Rifftrax Live events. They are my favorite dates with my husband. We enjoy Rifftrax a lot, even on the good movies. Even with the commentary, Twilight is only barely survivable.

I must confess that while I love Joel, Mike is my favorite. He's darn cute for one thing...

We have all the episodes on a hard drive, even the first season and KTMA ones. Those are truly unwatchable, though. I can't believe the show ever made it to the big-time when I see those.

I do too!! :D I think it was not the actual MST movie of This Island Earth, but an episode named Zombie Nightmare that was the Fresh Cheese event, but I'm not sure. I think I saw both events in the same building on campus so it's all mixed up.

I can't remember which movie it was...it's been a while!

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a fan!

You know, when I first read that I confess I didn't see the connection to the show, but my dd just now pointed it out to me that it's a movie theater front row with Joel, Crow and Tom Servo in the seats. LOL I must be going blind. I couldn't see it at all! lol

Your avatar is awesome! hehehe

Longtime MSTK fan here, since I was in high school! We love Rifftrax too (just the short films though) and Cinematic Titanic (which has Joel, Trace, Frank, Mary Jo, and J. Elvis). Oldest DD and I saw CT live in Seattle and everyone signed my original MST3K Information Club card. We were totally starstruck meeting everyone (especially Joel, our favorite). Everyone was so nice.

DH isn't a fan ( :glare: ) but I've trained the kids well. They'll watch an episode whenever I want.

That's so cool!! :) That must have been so much fun.

CT is more like MST3K imo, because they stick with the old, really cheesy movies. Rifftrax actually does some good movies (like Raiders of the Lost Ark) which I don't think works as well. Their shorts are hilarious though...a lot of them are films they used to show in public schools in the 70s and 80s. One of our favorites is "At Your Fingertips: Grasses" (even DH liked that one):tongue_smilie:

Yay I found

on Youtube. :hurray:

Love that one! The kids and I always sing "He tried to kill me with a forklift..." :lol:

and the hike your pants up go from Daddy O....

or the lines from Daddy O---

Want Some?

(smack smack)

I want an answer!

I'd mention Torgo, but "the master would not approve"

-crystal

hahahahahaha! :lol:

Yes, my dh introduced me to the show when we were dating, and I think it's very funny, though I haven't seen it in ages. He's introduced our boys to it, too, and they are quite amused by it as well. Should I mention he has the whole series on DVDs?

They have it on DVD now?? That's so cool!! I had no idea. After the show went off Comedy Central I had no idea what happened to it.

We love it too!

Yay! So many fans! That's so cool. I feel like I'm always explaining the show to other people because my daughter and I watch them on Youtube all the time and so we'll start reciting riffs to each other and people will look at us like :001_huh: so we explain that it's from the show MST3K and they're like :001_huh: so we explain the premise of the show and they're like :001_huh:. I was beginning to wonder if we were the only ones who knew that show! In South Florida anyway. :p

Big fan here, ever since the 90's, when we used to watch it in college. But I haven't watched it in ages either. I was always partial to Joel, but Mike is funny too.

Yeah, there are a couple with Mike that I have saved in my favorites on YT, but Joel was always my favorite too.

Rifftrax has live streaming events every so often. Like it's held in one location and streamed live to other theaters. Where we used to live we went to see it, they were doing Plan 9 from Outer Space, it was hilarious!! Their version of Twilight is quite funny.

Somewhere I have a Fresh Cheese T-shirt I got during a screening of the MST3K movie at my university.

hehehe Awesome! :D

Oh yea, big Mysties here. My dh has all of them on VHS from when he recorded them off Comedy Central a hundred years ago. He's been working on transferring them to DVD.

Manos, Hands of Fate is one of my favorites. And we watched Santa Claus vs the Aliens for Christmas this year.

One of my favorite quotes was from a Joel episode. It was of those "educational" shorts about women going off to college to learn how to be better wives. :001_rolleyes: The girl was showing off a big engagement ring and the voiceover says "Susie is showing off her 5 pound potty." So Joel says "my, Susie must have had a big breakfast!"

hahahahahaha!! :lol:

Love it!

Love some of the RiffTrax, makes the Twilight movies bearable.

hehehehe I haven't seen that one yet.

I love going to those Rifftrax Live events. They are my favorite dates with my husband. We enjoy Rifftrax a lot, even on the good movies. Even with the commentary, Twilight is only barely survivable.

I must confess that while I love Joel, Mike is my favorite. He's darn cute for one thing...

We have all the episodes on a hard drive, even the first season and KTMA ones. Those are truly unwatchable, though. I can't believe the show ever made it to the big-time when I see those.

hehehehe

I'd like to be in the audience and watch this battle—at least for a while. ;)

mst3k_muppets_450.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's me and my husband right there!! lol We heckle movies mercilessly when we watch them (at home. don't worry we're not that obnoxious in the theaters. :p ) I always say that he and I are like the two old guys from the Muppet Show! :p

Yay! So many fans! That's so cool. I feel like I'm always explaining the show to other people because my daughter and I watch them on Youtube all the time and so we'll start reciting riffs to each other and people will look at us like :001_huh: so we explain that it's from the show MST3K and they're like :001_huh: so we explain the premise of the show and they're like :001_huh:. I was beginning to wonder if we were the only ones who knew that show! In South Florida anyway. :p

Yes, I know the feeling. People do that to me a lot. :D

We love their Twilight movie RiffTrax! heeheeeee!

We own all the available seasons of MST3K on dvd. Never gets old.

:iagree::iagree: They are so funny. If you haven't yet you should watch the links in my first post. The second one has me laughing so hard I can't breathe. :lol::lol::lol: They're so funny!

YES!!! I love MST3K. I can still sing the theme song too. ;)

Question...the move that got me hooked had Crow dressing up in waffles. Does anyone know which movie that was? This would be a Joel episode.

That would be

. (Yeah, I had to Google that one...the title is pretty long! :D) Edited by funschooler5

Dh and I have been fans for a long time, and we've made ds a fan, too. My favorites are:

"Night of the Blood Beast"

"Prince of Space"

"Gamera"

"Pod People"

"Cave Dwellers"

"Beginning of the End"

"Final Sacrifice"

"Giant Mantis"

We always watch "Santa Claus" at Christmastime.

I love the short, too! My favorite shorts are:

"Keeping Clean and Neat"

"Posture Pals"

"A Date with Your Family"

"Catching Trouble"

"Here Comes the Circus"

"The Truck Farmer"

"Progress Island U.S.A."

Wendi