Menu

2:05AMMonday -- Back from the ER -- Yup, it's shingles!

ETA: TUESDAY a.m.: I covet everyone's prayers again today -- I am so tired, dh is in alot of pain (which is actually really surprising him - :001_huh:) Thank you. I have to run.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: We have cc today.

Just got back from the ER and from the 24 hour CVS -- it's shingles.

we have anti-viral and pain meds. DH now feels like pooh. He is breaking out in blisters oln the left side of his body. I guess the doc who saw him saturday morning when there were only three or four of them and he wasn't complaining of pain was thrown off by the lack of pain -- as was I.

The ER doc and our nurse were great -- the doctor took tons of time (we were th only ones there) and showed me different things about the blistrs and the swollen axillary node.

He told dh that dh owes me big time b/c timing is everything -- we all had a good laugh at that. I told the doc that dh is a good man with a good heart --

We are home now -- I made waffles for dh so he can take his meds and go to sleep.

Thank you all -- I read what you all wrote on th shingles thread and I so agree. I watched my dd suffer terribly b/c she missed the window of opportunity for the anti-viral.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers -- positive thoughts for healing please.

Thanks. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by MariannNOVA

I missed the other thread but one thing that really helps for Shingles is st johns wort oil. You can get it from a health food shop. Dab on the blisters helps with pain and seems to make them go away faster. My husband gets shingles every year or two so this something we have used multiple times.

I missed the other thread but one thing that really helps for Shingles is st johns wort oil. You can get it from a health food shop. Dab on the blisters helps with pain and seems to make them go away faster. My husband gets shingles every year or two so this something we have used multiple times.

Poor guy! Hope he feels better soon.

:grouphug::grouphug:

good job! it can be, hmmmmmm, a Little Difficult, to get them to go to urgent care. i'm glad you did, he did, and that it will be a much shorter run as a result!

:sad: sorry that was the dx, though....

ann

Thank you all so much! We have THIS fear of shingles in our family as my dd31 presented with them when she was 22, just married and leaving with her dh to drive to AZ to begin med school. It was the first event in a long, awful downward health spiral that uncovered chronic lyme disease.

So, our 'WT Blank' is this? antenna are always up.

As far as getting him to the urgent care in the middle of the night, :D you don't know me IRL! :lol: We were going to the all night urgent care which is always a quick in and out but decided to drive past the hospital ER (which is 2 miles away) and see if it was busy -- there was no one there and we got the best doc and I am so thankful that I didn't talk myself out of the middle of the night trip.

DH feels really awful this morning and is actually in bed and home from th office - which is unprecedented.

Must run -- twins are running rough shod all over. Need prayers and positive thoughts.:grouphug:

Shingles, oy! We just through them with my ds14. Looks like he'll have some scarring on his jawbone up towards the ear, but overall I think his case was mild. This time!

:grouphug: to your husband (and YOU).

:grouphug: Sending prayers and hope he recovers quickly. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Praying for your dh, Mariann -- I'm so glad you took him to the ER!

Thank you all! We are trying to write IEW papers (twins' cc), ADT is here fixing our alarm system, I may need a xanax soon.:glare:

:grouphug:I'll be praying here.:grouphug:

:grouphug:

I hear shingles are the worst! So sorry for your dh!

Thank you both -- you know, for a man who NEVER spends a sick day in bed, he hasn't moved. He said that one minute there wasn't any pain, the next, he felt like he had been run over by a train. My dd says that is exactly how it hit her.

It has been a really tense day -- I guess the kids are a little off kilter about this, I am exhausted, DD12 is getting her . and she has not been helpful at all. I am trying to work with the twins to get their CC/IEW papers done for tomorrow and dd12 has her first acting troupe/improv class tonight -- I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

This board has been a great place to vent. Thank you all for listening or for ignoring -- this place has been my haven today.

Indeed. I'm glad you got him in to that doctor!

Sleep is a wonderful option during the worst pain. It was my only escape.

God be with you in this.

Hugs for you! :grouphug: Praying your dh will be better soon. ER had them when he was only 11, and it was terrible.

Thank you so much. Prayers are much appreciated! I am having a not very good day -- I cannot imagine how dh feels. Thank you both again.

Just saw this, Mariann. I am so sorry! Shingles are so painful. I'll be praying for you dh, and glad you made it through the day. :001_smile:

Tammy -- Thank you. I just finished scoring the twins' IEW

papers for cc tomorrow. I think that dh is asleep - he is quite uncomfortable. I so appreciat your prayers -- thank you so much.:grouphug:

:grouphug:Mariann. I've got nothing to add to this thread other than a :grouphug: and wishes for a full and speedy recovery for your dh. I'm glad you got him to the doctor and sorry you're going through this. :grouphug:

thank you so much! I am gulping down my first cup of coffee and trying to get everyone out the door to cc. I love your new avatar!

I know last night as I was driving home from Improv workshop for dd12 (oh, gosh I was so tired) that I was being lifted up in prayer b/c the drive was effortless.

I covet everyone's prayers again today -- I am so tired, dh is in alot of pain (which is actually really surprising him - :001_huh:) Thank you. I have to run.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: