Menu

I cleaned out the refigerator and found... (aka would you eat this?)

Yes, although if eating it is a problem, just cook with it. Yogurt being bad is a "guess"... less beneficial as the time goes on.. perhaps... but fine to eat. I love making crepes out of yogurt.....

Yummy Crepes

14 eggs, 3 cups kefir or runny yogurt... (or, as we do... yogurt with a little added milk, very good with vanilla yogurt, too!)

1 tsp sea salt

1 TBS molasses

Process Above ingredients in blender till smooth.... Then stir in...

1.5 cups arrowroot powder

1.5 cups oat flour. (Get Oat groats from coop, healthfood stores, or some places where they have bulk. Looks like wheat berry.... and you need to "grind" like wheat. Perhaps you know a spot to do this? I hear that you can use a coffee grinder, but I've never tried this.)

Stir until lumps are dissolved. If the batter is too runny, add arrowroot pwd in .5 cup increments until the batter is about the texture of heavy cream. Spoon by .25 cupfulls into a well-buttered crepe pan. Cook around 30 secs per side.

You can half the recipe... or freeze left overs. I like to fold in quarters... and put a few in each ziplock.. (after cooled)

I take them out... thaw a bit... and put in my iron skillet with a bit of butter... and when warmed... spoon in apricot fruit spread... Yum!