Menu

Baby name suggestions?

We we're set on the name Brendan for a boy, but my MIL hates the name. :glare:

My dd19's boyfriend's name is Brennan. I've never heard of that but I like it!

What kinds of names are you leaning towards? Modern? Old fashioned? Cutesy? Celebrity?

I like old fashioned names, or at least ones that don't sound like there are lots around.

Claire

Jaime

Rose

Alana

Kent

Kenneth

William (lots of these, but I'm partial to it anyway)

Micah

Well, you have a lot of names already, so I don't know if you've already used them :) (or what would sound good with yours) Liam? I like Liam :) I really like the name Stephen..... I even like Steve.:) One name I like that is a bit unusual, but I've met one... is Aubrielle. I think it looks/sounds balanced ... I thought of it because I like "Gabrielle" but didn't want "Gabby".... so Abrielle..... But the "Au" makes it that it's obvious that it would be the sounds of "Aw"....

I had also thought of Avery for a girl :)

:)

I really like the book The Baby Name Wizard and babynamewizard.com for researching baby names. I prefer short names, my three girls are Lia, Eden, and Lucy. I'm pregnant with our first boy and the top name on our list is Milo.

I'd really recommend checking out The Baby Name Wizard from the library if you haven't seen it before. It's more than just a long list of names with their meanings. Congratulations and good luck!

I really like the book The Baby Name Wizard and babynamewizard.com for researching baby names. I prefer short names, my three girls are Lia, Eden, and Lucy. I'm pregnant with our first boy and the top name on our list is Milo.

I'd really recommend checking out The Baby Name Wizard from the library if you haven't seen it before. It's more than just a long list of names with their meanings. Congratulations and good luck!

I really like this book! You can look up your current kids names and get suggestions for sibling names. I also look up names I like and look at those sibling suggestions. It also shows the popularity trends of the names. It's a fun book!

I really like this book! You can look up your current kids names and get suggestions for sibling names. I also look up names I like and look at those sibling suggestions. It also shows the popularity trends of the names. It's a fun book!

Yup, it is my go-to baby name website.

I lean more towards Old Fashioned names, but there are other types of names I like a lot too.

My biological kids are Natalie, Richard (Ricky), Darren, Alexandra (Lexie), Caroline and Lucille (Lucy) and my step kids names are David, Stephanie, Elizabeth and Andrew.

We're trying to stay away from names with that start with the same letter as the other dc.

I'm hoping if I have a long enough list we'll be able to find a name everyone likes! :bigear:

ETA: Thanks for the website suggestion it looks good, I'm going to see if our bookstore has the actual book to buy :)

Edited by Love HSing

Have you considered Anna Marie? That's a nice old fashioned-sounding name. I like it a lot.

It's cute, but the name Anna is really popular around here. Thanks though.

Your family seems like my hubby's list of Facebook friends (ie, kids he went to school with in jr high and high school). He was born in 1968 so I looked up that list name names. Maybe one sounds good to you? http://www.babycenter.com/popularBabyNames.htm?year=1968

Thanks!

Beatrice (Bea or B for short)

That's cute too, dh said he doesn't like it though. :glare:

You're killing me! :D

We talked about that name before, didn't we?

I also like Margaret (nn Maggie, Meg or MiMi) and Rebekkah (nn Bek or Reebie). It's really all about the nick names. It's more fun that way, cause then you get to pick two names for each kid. :lurk5:

You're killing me! :D

:001_huh: ?

We talked about that name before, didn't we?

I also like Margaret (nn Maggie, Meg or MiMi) and Rebekkah (nn Bek or Reebie). It's really all about the nick names. It's more fun that way, cause then you get to pick two names for each kid. :lurk5:

I don't like nicknames very much, my mom started calling them by their nicknames when they we're babies then it stuck. The only one we planned is to call Lucille Lucy, we would've just named her Lucy but we named her after my Grandma.

Clarity is a name I think is cute :)

It is, Thanks :001_smile:

:001_huh: ?

Don't mind Nakia. She had this crazy Aunt Anna Marie who was very big on being old fashioned. She kept an outhouse instead of indoor plumbing because she thought that was "too modern." She also gave birth to 17 kids because she didn't believe in birth control. It was weird. It's kind of an inside joke now. Sorry it went past you.

I don't like nicknames very much, my mom started calling them by their nicknames when they we're babies then it stuck. The only one we planned is to call Lucille Lucy, we would've just named her Lucy but we named her after my Grandma.

See, that would bug me if a family member just presumed to call them something they were not named. Kids should be called what their parents name them. Didn't you say there was a "Lexie"? That's a lot of poetic license for a grandma to take from Alexandra IMNSHO.

Don't mind Nakia. She had this crazy Aunt Anna Marie who was very big on being old fashioned. She kept an outhouse instead of indoor plumbing because she thought that was "too modern." She also gave birth to 17 kids because she didn't believe in birth control. It was weird. It's kind of an inside joke now. Sorry it went past you.

But she did have that nice big house on the lake where we spent our summers. Just lovely!

But she did have that nice big house on the lake where we spent our summers. Just lovely!

True. :confused: It's strange how she could see the point of electricity and the Jenn-Aire double ovens in that massive kitchen, but declared there was no need for modern bathrooms when there was a perfectly acceptable outhouse down by the boat house.

My two names that I didn't get to use:

Lucas Daniel

Kylie Jane

Love the name Lucas :)

Olivia

Vivien

Katherine

Victoria

Christina

Mary

Jane

Henry

William

Peter

John

Daniel

Paul

I have a niece named Mary Claire. We always call her by both names. It could be Mary-Claire + a middle name, too.

My unused names are:

Nathaniel Neal - but I see you already have a Nat

Mackenzie Nicole

Mackenzie is so popular around here! dd8 has 3 friends with the name. I do like it though.

Molly? :-)

Love it :)

Thanks everybody I'm hoping I have enough names on the list now that we can find one that everybody likes. :)