Menu

Disney restaurants?

Need recommendations.

1. Is Tusker House worth it at animal kingdom?

2. We have reservations at whispering canyon one night. Which park is closest? Epcot is open until 10 and Mk is open until 11.

3. Is Hollywood and vine worth the reservAtion?

4. Is there another place you'd recommend given our current reservations below?

5. Boma, le cellier, cinderellas castle, and o'hanas.

We want to branch out. Please help!

Whispering Canyon -- closest to Magic Kingdom -- take the resort boat from out in front of Magic Kingdom

Hollywood & Vine - Skip it. Blech. The only reason to go there is for the Fantasmic tickets (if you've reserved them with your meal). Otherwise, yuck. Now, it shares a building with 50s PrimeTime Cafe -- that's one of my kids' favorites. :)

Love Boma, Le Cellier, and Ohana. Haven't been to Cinderella's Castle. :) Haven't been to the new Tusker House (since it became table service).

My opinion based upon our yearly (or more frequently) pilgrimage to Disney over the past 10 years:

1. TH is good; Boma (at the Lodge) is better

2. MK is closer to WC.

3. The food at the Studios is yuck. If you must eat out, Hollywood and vine is OK. Personally I'd skip it but I'm not a fan of mediocre buffet.

4.Le Cellier is the hardest reservation to get. It really all depends on where we were planning on being the day we had the reservation to 'spend' and if you've never done the castle and have a girl ages 3 -8 (the Princess years).

We have two current faves - Jiko at AK Lodge and Kona Cafe at the Poly. Ohana (not Ohana's) was OK.Check out menus at allearsnetdotcom

Edited by homeschoolmom
adding allears url

Need recommendations.

2. We have reservations at whispering canyon one night. Which park is closest? Epcot is open until 10 and Mk is open until 11.

1. Never been to Tusker House.

2. Whispering Canyon is awesome! Keep asking for drink refills...you'll get a kick out of what happens. :D MK is closer. You can just hop on the ferry and it will take you straight to Wilderness Lodge.

3. Skip Hollywood and Vine. Icky food. We went once and never again.

4. Have you ever done the Hoop De Doo Revue over at Fort Wilderness? It's a great time. Great food too!

5. Never been to Boma or Le Cellier. Cinderella's Castle we did for breakfast....it was decent. Nothing to write home about but the girls enjoyed the princesses. We also did O'Hana's for breakfast too. We really liked that.

We go to Hoop de Doo and Rainforest (AK) every time we go. Oh and Coral Reef. Though since I've figured out I need plain seafood not fancy, we may not do Coral Reef in the future.

OH! And we really enjoyed Rose and Crown. If you are going at a time that you'd be happy eating outside. See if you can get a ressie for right before the fireworks. We haven't actually done that but we think the outside tables on the water side would be good for that.

Need recommendations.

1. I never tried Tusker House. We usually eat at Rainforest Cafe, but when we go again, I'm going to try something else.

2. Whispering Canyon is nice. My dh even went to WDW just to eat at WC again when he had to go to Orlando for a business trip. It's closest to MK. The boat ride to MK is enjoyable. We usually watch the Electric Light Water Pageant on the beach there.

3. I've never ate at HaV, but I haven't heard any good reviews. We did enjoy the Brown Derby (grapefruit cake was delicious).

4. Most love O'hanas, but we've never snagged a reservation there. We tried to just go there but the line was too long (ie: impossible). We ate at Konas and didn't really like it. We did get into Le Cellier with no reservation. It was very good. I really enjoyed Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Oh, another favorite of mine, personally, is the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. I went by myself to it and really enjoyed it.

My favorites:

for a character meal: breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare, you can valet park your car in the morning and leave it all day. Take the monorail to the parks. The monorail coming back to the hotels in the evening is less crowded than the ones going to the parking lots.

We have only done counter service in the Magic Kingdom, but I think they are mostly pretty decent.

We only do one meal at Studios. We eat lunch at Pizza Planet, then hop to Epcot for dinner.

I like Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom. This park closes early...so...again, we hop to Epcot for dinner. :D

We like nearly all of the restaurants in Epcot. My *favorites* are the Patisserie in France and the sit-down restaurant inside the Mexico pavilion. YUM!

My dc love the sic-fi drive in, but your boys are older and might be out of that stage. There burgers are good and huge, so you can split them.

I was very surprised by the revolving restaurant in the land at epcot. It wasn't much to see, but the food was great. I think they grow most of it, maybe all of it, there.

Personally, I would eat steaks in Canada every day and skip the other places!

Well, here are my ADRs for our next trip:

Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch..our WDW first day tradition)

Les Chefs de France (lunch, so we can see Remy)

Le Cellier (lunch, because I don't want to spend two dining credits)

Rose & Crown (so we can watch Illuminations from the patio)

Yak & Yeti (the fried wontons for dessert are delish!)

Tusker House (breakfast...they now have lunch available as well)

1900 Park Fare (dinner...the stepsisters are a HOOT!)

Crystal Palace (breakfast...it's yummy)

Kona Kafe (breakfast...for the Tonga toast and pineapple-macadamia nut pancakes)

'Ohana....(dinner...because we LOVE 'Ohana!)

50's Prime Time (dinner...because we always have fun there)

Sci-Fi Drive-in (lunch...for the atmosphere and because they have good burgers and awesome shakes)

You will love Whispering Canyon. Don't forget to ask for ketchup! :D I'd seriously dump Hollywood & Vine. The food is nasty. All your other ressies are great! Enjoy your vacation!

I like Tusker House. We like Kona Cafe better than O'Hana, but I'm just not a huge meat eater. ;)

Friday, we're having lunch in the castle with the princesses. Last year, it was dinner. I don't even remember what we ate. :001_huh:

Liberty Tree Tavern was a FANTASTIC lunch! One of the best, so far. Tomorrow, lunch is in France with Remi, which is actually kind of fun.

DD 5 and I had tea with Aurora. I think she enjoyed it, but she enjoys the castle thing much more.

We also had dinner at the steak house on top of the Contemporary. It was delicious!

I had a good grilled chicken sandwich at Sci-Fi Dine-in today. I'm not really fond of Hollywood and Vine. The Brown Derby was great the other night, and we all like Mama Melrose. The 50's PrimeTime Cafe has good food, too.

I totally understand about wanting to branch out!

Boma is a perennial favorite!

Edited by Sugarfoot

Need recommendations.

We really liked TH until last June (2011). They made some changes and we probably won't go back.

Whispering Canyon is nice. Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. The atmosphere is great.

Skip Hollywood and Vine for sure!

I have really enjoyed Garden Grill in Epcot. Very fresh food and so yummy. It even revolves! Also still love Akershus in Norway. They have an appetizer buffet with cheese, chilled shrimp, veggies. The main courses are ok, but I go for the first part of the meal and the princesses for my girls.

Enjoy!

Need recommendations.

1. I'm not a fan of buffets, in general, so I wouldn't choose Tusker House myself. I like Yak and Yeti. Rainforest Cafe would also be preferable to Tusker House for me.

2. Whispering Canyon is fun! MK is closest. Take the boat!

3. Not a fan of Hollywood and Vine! I would choose the 50s Prime Time Cafe or Mama Melrose's. The Brown Derby is pretty good, but more expensive. Sci Fi Dinner Theatre has a fun atmosphere, but the food isn't the best. Still, if you stick with basic sandwiches, it is fine. I would choose any of these restaurants over Hollywood and Vine!

We've been to Disney so many times and have eaten almost everywhere. :lol:

I agree with the H & V reviews, skip it. Since the park closes early anyways, I would just go to a resort to eat. They really need to fix the restaurants in that park. I always give caution to those eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe. If you have anyone that has a noise sensitivity, don't go there. The restaurant is LOUD! Not like a little loud, but very loud. I think the food was okay, but as I was shoveling it in as fast as I could with a screaming 3yo, it was not a pleasurable experience. Said 3yo hated Disney at 19 mos, tolerated it at 3 (except WCC), and did not enjoy it until he was 6.

Need recommendations.

We thought Tusker House was one of the better breakfast and lunch buffets.

Dont know this one

I didnt really care for H&V. It seemed rushed. The kids loved the characters there though.

We loved The California Grill and had an awesome view of the sunset over the castle. We also went out onto the balcony and watched the fireworks.

Need recommendations.

1. Is Tusker House worth it at animal kingdom? Yes

2. We have reservations at whispering canyon one night. Which park is closest? Epcot is open until 10 and Mk is open until 11. MK

3. Is Hollywood and vine worth the reservAtion? Yes. If you do not make a reservation you will most likely not get in for over 90 minutes, if at all.

4. Is there another place you'd recommend given our current reservations below? I would try Marakesh at Epcot

:)

We've never tried Tusker House, b/c we like Yak and Yeti so much we always go there! Good food, good desserts, and the servers always seem to be exceptionally helpful and friendly. It's usually pretty quiet even when crowded.

My kids got a kick out of the Coral Reef, and the food was good (if a bit bland for those of use used to highly seasoned seafood). Good atmosphere, good service.

The Crystal Palace has a good character breakfast buffet, especially if you have younger kids. 1900 Park Fare has unusual characters (Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland) and the character interaction was really exceptional.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!! Okay. Here are our ADRs:

Boma

Le Cellier (lunch - didn't want to pay for dinner with 2 meals on the dining plan)

Mama Melrose (I really wish they had better food at Hollywood Studios!)

Whispering Canyon (We've been here before and LOVED it!)

Cinderella's Castle (Dd and me)

O'Hanas

Yachtman Steakhouse

San Angel

The one I'm not sure about is Mama Melrose. My biggest reason for going to Disney is all the wonderful food!! (Well, and the look on my dd's face!) I was thinking of leaving the park and heading out for a resort dinner that night. Recommendations?

Just looking: 1900 Park Faire, Citricos, and Narcoossee's are all available. I would LOVE California Grill, but it only has a seating at 9 the night we need the reservation.

Edited by Jennifer in MI

Sci Fi Diner is our favorite in Hollywood Studios. We have also done Mama Melrose and liked it ok.

Ohana was great for dinner, one of our favorites.

We also liked Liberty Tree Tavern for counter service in MK. We did Cinderellas Table when DD was 7. Food was ok but the experience was worth it for DD.

Oh, we went to Wolfgang Puck in Downtown Disney and YUM. That was one of the best.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!! Okay. Here are our ADRs:

Boma

Le Cellier (lunch - didn't want to pay for dinner with 2 meals on the dining plan)

Mama Melrose (I really wish they had better food at Hollywood Studios!)

Whispering Canyon (We've been here before and LOVED it!)

Cinderella's Castle (Dd and me)

O'Hanas

Yachtman Steakhouse

San Angel

The one I'm not sure about is Mama Melrose. My biggest reason for going to Disney is all the wonderful food!! (Well, and the look on my dd's face!) I was thinking of leaving the park and heading out for a resort dinner that night. Recommendations?

Just looking: 1900 Park Faire, Citricos, and Narcoossee's are all available. I would LOVE California Grill, but it only has a seating at 9 the night we need the reservation.

I would switch Mama Melrose. You can finish HS in plenty of time to leave for a reservation elsewhere.