Menu

Does anyone know how Aubrey is doing?

OH!

Omigosh! I must be the least observant person in the world.

(Desperately wondering when/why/what parts of the saga I missed, but I guess it isn't any of my business.)

I only figured it out after a search to check on her/look for an update several months ago.....so don't feel bad :)

Oh my gosh. The last time a thread like this started, it got...really awkward really fast.

This summer was difficult. Due to an outside circumstance, I had to change something. Nothing in my life was able to shift, so I had to shift something on the boards. I hope that makes sense. I tried to have my acct deleted, but it turns out you can't do that. Instead, I changed my user name, hoping that would make a google search less effective.

Not only did it not work the way I'd hoped on *that* end, it made things awkward here. I have no idea how to fix any of it now, & in hopes of not making a bigger mess of things or exacerbating the problem that caused the name change, I've stuck to pm'ing people. I hate that, because I've enjoyed being pretty open & candid w/ you guys. I hope you will understand the shift, & I hope it will be temporary.

Fwiw, I never intended for it to be difficult for any of you guys to figure out who I am, & I realized very quickly that the name change was not as effective as I'd hoped, but I do still hope that it's enough to make a google search...require a more professional searcher. :tongue_smilie:

I'm me. For the sake of google, I'm trying to avoid my name for a while, but it slips in there, & that's not a big deal. I'm not freaking out at anyone, playing cloak & dagger, etc. Just...aiming for a little more discretion while still...needing or wanting or loving your friendship.

There's a small thank you on my blog. Nothing more specific than what I've written here, but it's written for you guys, but it's probably not brilliant to link my blog here, either. Maybe if I delete it in a bit...I don't know.

Anyway, if you want specifics, I'm happy to pm you. My box is full at the moment because of the NICU thing, but I'll clean it out...um...soonish...

I love you guys! :grouphug:

Oh my gosh. The last time a thread like this started, it got...really awkward really fast.

This summer was difficult. Due to an outside circumstance, I had to change something. Nothing in my life was able to shift, so I had to shift something on the boards. I hope that makes sense.

So the just changing your hair to crazy colors thing wasn't working for you anymore? :D

I hope all is well :)

Bill

I'm glad that things are going better for you. I'm so sorry that things were ever difficult and awkward.

:grouphug: Me, too, but you know what? I looked at my kids the other day, in anticipation (& fear) of labor, & I realized that the greatest joys in my life have come from my greatest pain. And I thought about this summer.... I have received such an outpouring of love & affirmation of faith...I don't know. I think it's important to just focus on that. And keep a sense of humor. ;)

So the just changing your hair to crazy colors thing wasn't working for you anymore? :D

I hope all is well :)

Bill

The sticky part of the moustache stuck fine, but the moustache itself fell off, & I was left w/ sticky stuff under my nose.

Huh. That might not have worked. Supposed to be a joke, but...it sounds more like something I'd say in real life. I'm bad about mixing metaphors. Apparently, people don't get bats (the cave kind) "up their behinds." So dh says.

I figured out you'd changed your name when I went to find a thread of yours to see if there was an update, but I guess I missed why/what happened. I figured you must have been on the down low so I didn't 'out' you when anyone asked about you. I'm sorry things got awkward for you. I know you were struggling so much at one point and it sounds like your situation is slowly improving. . . or I hope it has :)

I figured out you'd changed your name when I went to find a thread of yours to see if there was an update, but I guess I missed why/what happened. I figured you must have been on the down low so I didn't 'out' you when anyone asked about you. I'm sorry things got awkward for you. I know you were struggling so much at one point and it sounds like your situation is slowly improving. . . or I hope it has :)

my situation is very, very good, but...some of these things are an effort to lend stability to that...goodness. there can still be...ups & downs, but...I can't explain further. I wish I could.

(sorry--1handed typing--yay!!)

my situation is very, very good, but...some of these things are an effort to lend stability to that...goodness. there can still be...ups & downs, but...I can't explain further. I wish I could.

(sorry--1handed typing--yay!!)

I'm glad to hear that things are going better at home. It is such a relief to hear that!

And thank you for this post; it has been a point of stress for many of us here who wanted to protect your anonymity. Hopefully your situation will resolve itself soon, and you will be able to put all the craziness behind you.

ETA: One-handed typing is a great sign! :001_smile:

I'm glad to hear that things are going better at home. It is such a relief to hear that!

And thank you for this post; it has been a point of stress for many of us here who wanted to protect your anonymity. Hopefully your situation will resolve itself soon, and you will be able to put all the craziness behind you.

ETA: One-handed typing is a great sign! :001_smile:

I'm sorry for this.

The sticky part of the moustache stuck fine, but the moustache itself fell off, & I was left w/ sticky stuff under my nose.

Huh. That might not have worked. Supposed to be a joke, but...it sounds more like something I'd say in real life. I'm bad about mixing metaphors. Apparently, people don't get bats (the cave kind) "up their behinds." So dh says.

:001_huh: maybe you could get a pair of those black glasses that have the nose and mustache attached.;)

I just read your other thread..... I felt so bad reading it. I'm glad to see your humor here. :001_smile:

bats up the behind? :svengo:

bats up the behind? :svengo:

Dh says that that metaphor does not require specificity. "Something" is good enough for most people.

So I had to ask him, "Was it a snake?"

I really thought that WHAT it was was specified, but I can't for the life of me remember.