Menu

Fall back (for those in the U.S. minus Arizona)

all 50 states need to get rid of daylight savings time. What is the reason for it nowadays? On a side note, no-one has ever been able to adjust the clock in my Saturn. I even took it to the dealership one time and they could not change it, so for half the year, I am driving around having to remember that my clock is off by 1 hour.

all 50 states need to get rid of daylight savings time. What is the reason for it nowadays? On a side note, no-one has ever been able to adjust the clock in my Saturn. I even took it to the dealership one time and they could not change it, so for half the year, I am driving around having to remember that my clock is off by 1 hour.

:iagree:

I would love to pick one time and stick with it.

I do not like standard time, and I am counting down the days until DST is back. I love the extra daylight to play until 8pm outside. At least it is too cold to play outside for long now. :D

:iagree: I much prefer it staying light a little later in the afternoon in the fall. I wish it would continue all year round. We live far enough north that when DST ends, it means a lot of kids don't really get to play outside by the time they're home from school. That's one perk of homeschooling--we can go out and enjoy the daylight a bit more. Still, in December, it's pretty dark by 4:30 in the afternoon, and that's miserable!

Forgive me, I need a PLN so apparently can't figure this out on my own. Is Arizona the same time as, say, Washington state this time of year? (Both PST?) I am traveling to Arizona this week and need to know what time I have to work on Friday (I work remote from my computer). :bigear:

Edited by milovaný

Forgive me, I need a PLN so apparently can't figure this out on my own. Is Arizona the same time as, say, Washington state this time of year? (Both PST?) I am traveling to Arizona this week and need to know what time I have to work on Friday (I work remote from my computer). :bigear:

They are one hour off from us right now. (ie. it is 3:52 here and it is 4:52 there.)

Am I the only person who did not know that Arizona didn't fall back? I had no idea. My dh just looked at me like I was a little dense this morning. :glare:

No worries, I never knew that until I moved here. But I must say, I love NOT changing times. It always messed up my system and schedule for a couple of weeks until I adjusted.

Am I the only person who did not know that Arizona didn't fall back? I had no idea. My dh just looked at me like I was a little dense this morning. :glare:

No, not the only one. I had no idea. Why don't they fall back? Just rebelling against the whole time change thing? I don't get why we have to keep changing time every six months....its ridiculous.

Is it confusing for people who live in Arizona? While it's one time there, it's a different time elsewhere (even in their same time zone).

No, not the only one. I had no idea. Why don't they fall back? Just rebelling against the whole time change thing? I don't get why we have to keep changing time every six months....its ridiculous.

Is it confusing for people who live in Arizona? While it's one time there, it's a different time elsewhere (even in their same time zone).

I grew up in Indiana, and we didn't change time there, either. (don't know if they do now, though.) But, the only confusing thing was wondering why all of our TV shows were on an hour earlier/later... and then wondering WHY in the WORLD would all of these people change their clocks?! I still don't know, and DH has to talk me through the process and which direction we're going this month. (Yeah, fall back, spring forward. I know that, but it still doesn't make sense to me.) I would LOVE for us to just scrap the whole thing and stick with one time like sensible people should.

ETA: Just looked it up. The state of Indiana began observing Daylight Savings time in 2006.

Edited by rgrin