Menu

I got a surprise in my cereal this morning...

Life. Never had a problem before... I'd think about calling or something, but we threw the box away a long time ago. It's been in a cereal tupperware thing.

Just a side thought...

I started putting my cereal in these type of containers recently, and I didn't think about this particular drawback. If they issued some sort of recall, I wouldn't be able to read the batch number or whatever it is you have to find.

I think maybe you should still call and explain the situation. You could tell them the approximate date it was bought and at what store, in which city etc.

I once got a mummified looking mouse in my oatmeal when I poured it into the bowl one morning. It was in a big bag of oatmeal purportedly from Australia. The most disgusting thing was knowing that we had been eating from that same oatmeal bag for awhile. Yuck!!!:ack2:

Elaine

I once got a mummified looking mouse in my oatmeal when I poured it into the bowl one morning. It was in a big bag of oatmeal purportedly from Australia. The most disgusting thing was knowing that we had been eating from that same oatmeal bag for awhile. Yuck!!!:ack2:

Elaine

Yep. I prefer a nail any day to THAT. *shudder*

You can call even without the packaging. I once found a staple in a can of green beans. I'd already thrown out the can and wasn't about to dig through the garbage for it, but I called the company and they sent me a big package of coupons for free stuff. They also sent me an envelope to send in the staple so they could do some kind of ultra-technical stuff to it and find out exactly where it came from.

Hmmmm.....do you think that the nail could have been in the bottom of the tupperware container before you added the cereal??? You have had a lot of construction or remodeling going on...haven't you??

When I was newly married, I had bought a box of All Fruit popsicles. I was sitting in my living room, reading, sucking on this popsicle. I was almost half done and looked at it. To my horror there was a black bug stuck inside the popsicle. It was beginning to be uncovered from my licking. Talk about having a heart attack! :eek: :ack2: :ack2::svengo:I never have been able to buy those since.

Hmmmm.....do you think that the nail could have been in the bottom of the tupperware container before you added the cereal??? You have had a lot of construction or remodeling going on...haven't you??

Yeah, but this cereal was just poured into the (cleaned) tupperware last week. No construction since then. And no construction that I know of involving nails of this particular size.

Still, I'm so grateful it wasn't a mouse or a bug or a RUSTY nail that...well, & that I didn't try to swallow it. I've got a broken-ish tooth, so at first, I just thought it was a burned piece of cereal...you know how sometimes you get one that's extra crunchy? :lol:

Elaine

I was going to say "At least you didn't get a mouse."

Now I'm just going to throw up unstead.

Yeah, but this cereal was just poured into the (cleaned) tupperware last week. No construction since then. And no construction that I know of involving nails of this particular size.

Still, I'm so grateful it wasn't a mouse or a bug or a RUSTY nail that...well, & that I didn't try to swallow it. I've got a broken-ish tooth, so at first, I just thought it was a burned piece of cereal...you know how sometimes you get one that's extra crunchy? :lol:

Yeah...good thing you didn't swallow it. And thankfully it was you who found it in the cereal and not one of the kids.