Menu

DS thinks he shouldn't have to do school today, since he had minor surgery...

He had minor surgery on both big toes this morning to correct ingrown toenails. He told me he thinks he shouldn't have to do school today, since he's recovering from surgery. He feels well enough to play Minecraft though, so I fear he will have to pull out the schoolbooks this afternoon. :lol:

AH Mom, give him the day off! Let him rest and his toes heal. A person's attitude can greatly affect healing. Give him a little extra attention. Give him a little extra love. Let him know he is loved and cherished all the way down to his toes.

I'd let him have time off too, and honestly, I'd need to recover a bit myself. I find things like that stressful from an emotional standpoint, even if they are relatively minor. (getting to the doctor's office on time, dealing with loading up all of the other kids, emotionally supporting the child about to have surgery, hiding my own concern and worry about how they'll feel afterward, etc.). I think it can be emotionally taxing for the young patient too, even if it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. They worry about what if it hurts during or afterward, etc.

AH Mom, give him the day off! Let him rest and his toes heal. A person's attitude can greatly affect healing. Give him a little extra attention. Give him a little extra love. Let him know he is loved and cherished all the way down to his toes.

:iagree:

Not only today, I would also make Monday a read to you day. Take turns reading to each other. Find some project to do sitting down with feet up, just the two of you. He will remember it forever. Missing a day or two of school won't matter, having him frustrated and miffed at you will.

:iagree: Everyone wants to be pampered and such after even minor surgery, give him the day off, let him rest. Dote on him and pour on the TLC. Make HIM the focus of your attention not the school work. :D

ETA: just read the update, so glad we twisted your rubber arm :D

I hope you gave him the day off! How many times do we have surgery (hopefully, none to few).