Menu

Coming Home Outfit?

Where do you go? What do you buy? Links?

I had something really special for my first 2 (homemade), bought something simple & sweet for #3, didn't bring #4 home (home birth)...

#1 came home in the same outfit his dad came home in, made by great-grandmother. Sis knitted something similar for #2. She was expecting her own #1 when I was expecting #3, though, so I couldn't get her to do it again. :D

Soft is the only real requirement. It's silly, but...I'd kind-of like orange & black for Halloween. :bigear:

I had a gift card and went to Target. :tongue_smilie: Well actually DH did, he picked out something all out girly pink. It's nice and soft though. And pink, really pink. I think he's excited to have a daughter.

Maybe Etsy for the kind of things your looking for?

I'm really not looking for anything specific, & I thought Halloween would be easy. I've only been to one store, though, & their baby Halloween stuff was way too expensive for what it was & not that cute.

I should probably just go again, but I thought we were going to Babies R Us which would surely have everything, & when we got there, it was Toys R Us & had none of the things on my list. :glare:

Now I've found 2 out of 3 things on Amazon, a little higher than what I wanted to pay, but still in the range, but I'm a smidge nervous about shipping time, though it should be fine, BUT I can't find a baby outfit. Their prices on clothes are surprisingly high!

So now I don't know if I should wait on everything until I can go to Target or something or go ahead & order the stuff in my cart & get clothes here. The clothes aren't a huge deal--I don't think it would kill me to bring him home in whatever's in the drawer. Still...I'd *like* him to have something special...

#1 came home in the same outfit his dad came home in, made by great-grandmother. Sis knitted something similar for #2. She was expecting her own #1 when I was expecting #3, though, so I couldn't get her to do it again. :D

:lol: I read this as "She", meaning great-grandmother--was wondering how that worked...:D

I never did anything super special, just soft and comfy. Here's a little set that, with the hat, could be a "costume." I'm sorry I can't remember if yours is a girl or a boy, so here's both--

Boy

Girl (the kittie is cute, imo)

Hope you find something great!

Babies R Us tends to run a bit more than Target, Wamart, or Old Navy. Target and Walmart let you see stuff online, but will also search the store to see if it's available locally. That's what I'd do to avoid shipping.

Target has some one piece Halloween sleepers with feet for $10. I like this one.

http://www.target.com/p/JUST-ONE-YOU-Made-by-Carter-s-Newborn-Pumpkin-2-Piece-Set-Ivory/-/A-13576062

The other thing I've had good luck with is consignment shops and thrift stores(The ARC) for seasonal, cheap, cute clothes. Right now I'm too tired to deal with ferrying out the good stuff, but it's a cheaper option.

:lol: I read this as "She", meaning great-grandmother--was wondering how that worked...:D

I never did anything super special, just soft and comfy. Here's a little set that, with the hat, could be a "costume." I'm sorry I can't remember if yours is a girl or a boy, so here's both--

Boy

Girl (the kittie is cute, imo)

Hope you find something great!

Oh, I can't bring myself to do a costume! My due date is 10/28, so even if he comes on time, I think a costume on a baby that small is cruel & unusual.

(If I didn't, though, I found an *adorable* Tom Arma style spider costume at the Goodwill...)

I'm just thinking orange. Something like this might be just. fine.

Babies R Us tends to run a bit more than Target, Wamart, or Old Navy. Target and Walmart let you see stuff online, but will also search the store to see if it's available locally. That's what I'd do to avoid shipping.

Target has some one piece Halloween sleepers with feet for $10. I like this one.

http://www.target.com/p/JUST-ONE-YOU-Made-by-Carter-s-Newborn-Pumpkin-2-Piece-Set-Ivory/-/A-13576062

The other thing I've had good luck with is consignment shops and thrift stores(The ARC) for seasonal, cheap, cute clothes. Right now I'm too tired to deal with ferrying out the good stuff, but it's a cheaper option.

Perfect! I like the monster ones, too. Thank you--I looked at Target online, but couldn't make it sort well enough & when I saw 29pp, I gave up. :lol:

Oh, I can't bring myself to do a costume! My due date is 10/28, so even if he comes on time, I think a costume on a baby that small is cruel & unusual.

(If I didn't, though, I found an *adorable* Tom Arma style spider costume at the Goodwill...)

I'm just thinking orange. Something like this might be just. fine.

Try the link again--it just gives me Walmart's page and I'm dying to see.

Oh, and the above links aren't costumes at all. They are layette and just happen to have footy pants and hats with ears.

Try the link again--it just gives me Walmart's page and I'm dying to see.

Oh, and the above links aren't costumes at all. They are layette and just happen to have footy pants and hats with ears.

Oh, I know--I looked--but in case anybody thought I was going to stuff a brand new baby into a COSTUME, I thought I'd clarify. ;)

See if this link works. It's very similar to what Mrs. Basil linked.

It was July, so I picked out my very favorite adorable onesie. It was a pretty soft green. She had jaundice and looked awful in green! :D I can no longer remember what baby #2 wore home except that she had a cute lil' pink knitted hat. She spent most of her first week naked in a baby tanning booth with jaundice.

I thought you meant a coming home outfit for you. I just came home in my pregnancy clothes because that is all I could fit into!

I used soft sleepers for my babies and a nice soft blanket. You're a lot more organized than I was!

HA! I don't know if anybody's ever accused me of that before! I guess the going-home outfit is the last sentimental hang-over I've got from #1.

Me, though? Can't I wear whatever I went in wearing? :confused: :lol:

OH NO!! I didn't even look at what sizes were available. Do you have a store local that might have it??? :( :(

They're all down to just 24mo sizes. :glare: I'm going to check Amazon, but it looks like I'm back to Target. Which was really great until you posted that link! ;) :lol:

Okay, so my local store has ONE - I'm serious about shipping it to you if you want. Shipping would be like $2. Let me know :)

It's taken me a little bit to think about this. IF it's not too much trouble...that would make it that much more special...

But if it's too far or you can't get up there or something, just let me know, I'll go to Target, & I'll still be very happy. I mean, who wouldn't w/ a new baby in their lap? :D

All my kids wore the same outfit to come home from the hospital and I wore the same t-shirt home each time. :D I'm silly that way. :p

We didn't know if we were having a boy or girl with our first so I bought a nice white one. When baby outgrew it so fast I put it away, practically brand new. Each baby has only worn the outfit that one time (in the car seat to come home and for pictures at home) but we've been blessed to have been able to make use of it 5 times now. :)

It has become our family's coming home outfit. :) As for the t-shirt, well, I've worn it for 5 sets of coming home pictures too so now it's tucked away for use for next time. ;)