Menu

vampire books

I hope this is not cheating, but my next article is about the best vampire books.

All I've got so far are Interview with the Vampire (and series), The Vampire Diaries (and series), and the one that must not be named (oh all right, it's Twilight). I really don't want to have to recommend it, so if anyone knows of ANY other good vampire books out there, please let me know.

I have not read any of them. As a child I sneaked to watch Salem's Lot and had the worst time going to sleep after watching it. I thought the vampires were outside the windows. I even slept witha cross by my bed. I am now a vampire wimp. I am jealous of those of you who can enjoy all the vampire books and movies;)

I have not read any of them. As a child I sneaked to watch Salem's Lot and had the worst time going to sleep after watching it. I thought the vampires were outside the windows. I even slept witha cross by my bed. I am now a vampire wimp. I am jealous of those of you who can enjoy all the vampire books and movies;)

Don't worry, I am a major wimp. I can't even watch M. Night Shamalan movies without having to keep the lights on. And hubby between me and the door. For the next three months. The only vampire book I've ever read is the Twilight :ack2:.

Please, please recommend something better than those last 2. LOL

I am Legend

Let the Right One In

Dracula

Salem's Lot

The Historian

Many of the better ones include vampires but are not "vampire novels" per se.

Sunshine by Robin McKinley and the Watch books (Night Watch, Day Watch, Twilight Watch, Last Watch) by Lukyanenko come to mind. :)

I am Legend

Let the Right One In

Dracula

Salem's Lot

The Historian

Many of the better ones include vampires but are not "vampire novels" per se.

Sunshine by Robin McKinley and the Watch books (Night Watch, Day Watch, Twilight Watch, Last Watch) by Lukyanenko come to mind. :)

My hero!!! Thank you!

Definitely seconding "Dracula" and "The Historian". Loved them both.

I haven't read the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series, but have always heard them recommended.

I also want to read "Dracula, the Undead" which is written by Dacre Stoker (Bram Stoker's great-grandnephew, I think).

Maybe you already have these since you have Interview, but Anne Rice has a whole series about vampires after Interview. Though I didn't think they were as good after The Vampire Lestat. She didn't use the same gothic flowery language. Boo! They also have varying degrees of appropriateness and I didn't make it through all of them. :)

Those are interesting but FYI, they get quite explicitly erotic in many parts. (It's a big part of the plot.) It ended up being too much for me after a few books. (Since we're from the same culture over here, lol.)

:eek: Thanks for the heads up. I don't actually have to read any of the books; thank heavens. I think I wouldn't sleep for five days in a row! (see previous post about being a big chicken)

(PS are you going tomorrow? I am. :))

Edited by meggie

I am Legend

Let the Right One In

Dracula

Salem's Lot

The Historian

. :)

:iagree: I loved all of these novels, including The Passage. I also seem to be a zombie book fan.

Edited by Satori