Menu

Please pray for this beautiful family who is suffering (cc)

http://vienna.patch.com/articles/blue-ribbons-for-jack

The above link is about the death of 12 year old Jack Donaldson, son of Anna and Tim Donaldson. Jack drowned last Thursday evening. Jack and dd12 were classmates at Dominion Christian School, and they were friends. Jack's sister Margaret, 10 years old, is friends with the twins and they are former classmates. The Donaldson's are a beautiful, beautiful family, and our hearts are broken for them.

Jack and dd12 were confirmed together at Vienna Presbyterian Church in 2008, and Margaret and the twins were baptized and received First Communion together in 2009.

Anna is a former Fairfax County School Teacher who left the public school system a few years ago to manage the Bookstore at Vienna Presbyterian Church. Last year, when I was looking for books on 'grief' for my daughter, Stacey, and for my grand-daughters, Anna put together an assortment of books for me. When I went in to look through the books, Anna remarked that she didn't even know that she had some of the books on her shelves, and some of them were excellent treatments for all ages on the topic of grief, and she was going to order them so they were kept in inventory. I remembered our conversation this afternoon a few hours after I had learned of Jack's death.

If you would please keep this beautiful, heartbroken family in your prayers, I would be so thankful. Jack was just the most wonderful little boy -- DH and I have had him in our group on Field Trips over the years, and he was always a joy. To this day, when the kids are conjugating 'amo, amas, amat,' when they come to 'amamus,' dd12 cracks up laughing and STILL tells the story of Jack standing up in class in third grade telling everyone: 'I'm a moose' and we still all laugh even though we know what is coming.

For Anna, Tim and Margaret, please say a prayer for them tonight - I cannot fathom the pain they are experiencing.

PSALM 34:18: The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Thank you all -- when I tell you they are a beautiful family -- it is just so true. And Jack -- oh my heavens, Jack was the best!

We are all here stunned -- I cannot imagine their pain.

Thank you all for your prayers!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

When I called DH to tell him, he broke into sobs. The kids are stunned. I cannot stop thinking about Anna.

That's so, so sad. I don't know if someone can ever get past a tragedy like that. Certainly Anna and Tim will think about their beautiful son a thousand times a day for the rest of their lives. And the little sister...she will live with that loss forever.

Isn't it frightening how quickly a tragedy can happen?

Thank you all so much. Today we will be putting blue ribbons on the trees on our front lawn. And, our family has to go plan to visit Anna, Tim and Margaret at some point in the future.

Thank you all again -- dd10 is distraught - absolutely distraught. I cannot stop thinking about Anna.

And dh did say what one of you wrote here -- G-d must have needed an angel in Heaven -- that is exactly the kind of boy Jack was.:grouphug: