Menu

Seriously un-well-trained Mom (in this dept.) needs your beauty/girly tips

Wow, girl... you're good. See, this is the gene I'm missing. Honestly, this is like learning a new language! (I know I'm mixing metaphors, I'm just excited here.)

So, okay... what if you are wearing a really cute formal dress to a wedding? How do you add another piece to that? I don't want to cover it up with a jacket.

I would count a scarf, hat or gloves as the third with a formal dress. You want something to make it just that smidge more pulled together. If it is very simple, yet stunning in design and well-structured, you could get away with just the dress and your 3 accessories. Consider a really gorgeous clutch, some show-stopping shoes, a piece of statement jewellery...

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, you need to read the thread on carpet removal! :D

I remember that thread.

I love that thread.

A word to the wise is sufficient: Do NOT read that thread while drinking anything. You could ruin your laptop.

Another word of advice: If I ever get waxed again in that department I'm planning on being falling-down-rip-roaring-falling-into-the-walls-slurring my-words-and-flirting-with-the-mailman DRUNK. :tongue_smilie:

I spent the day at a antique auction...a huge part of my fun was people watching. I specifically watched for the 'threes' we spoke of early. The hands down, most pulled together gal today was in a kakhi pants, a tank/cami, with a cotton shirt buttoned below her booKs. Her hair was nice and she had on comfy looking, but cute sandals. I'm quite sure she's the one who outbid me on the barley-twist, beaded secretary I was drooling over. :D

As for the heat...I, too, live in hell-like temps in Texas. Short sleeved shirts work, too....except I have large booKs so finding one that fits right is a challenge. I see tailoring in my future.

A lot of my work attire is slacks (black or kakhi) and a cute top with great sandals and earrings. I work pretty hard to find a nicer knit/polyester tops that skim my shape without clinging. The only drawback is that they are HOT on hot days.

I love finding a light weight cotton 'blazer'...they are hard to find these days. They make any casual outfit, more.

For example, I have a great pair of denim trousers that I never wear because I can't figure out what to wear with them.

Ballet flats? http://www.zappos.com/ballet-flats-flats/CK_XARC11wE6AvYS4gIDBwIB.zso?ot=ballet+flats&s=goliveRecentSalesStyle/desc/#!/women-flats/CK_XARC11wE6AvYSwAEB4gIEBwIBGA.zso?ot=ballet+flats&s=goliveRecentSalesStyle/desc/

I like most of these except the ones that look knitted. They look too much like slippers. The rest are cute, I think. That's what I wear with trousers (no socks).

Ballet flats? http://www.zappos.com/ballet-flats-flats/CK_XARC11wE6AvYS4gIDBwIB.zso?ot=ballet+flats&s=goliveRecentSalesStyle/desc/#!/women-flats/CK_XARC11wE6AvYSwAEB4gIEBwIBGA.zso?ot=ballet+flats&s=goliveRecentSalesStyle/desc/

I like most of these except the ones that look knitted. They look too much like slippers. The rest are cute, I think. That's what I wear with trousers (no socks).

Become a VIP member (free - no charge or conditions) of Zappos for free overnight shipping :001_smile:

Edited by 5KidzRUs

I have come to realize that many, many mothers pass on all kinds of information about beauty, grooming, dress, etc., that my mother never shared with me.

My mum did share a lot of information with me, except that... I'm not built like she, and our personalities are quite different. Colouring not the same, lifestyle not the same. Uhmmm... when I was working at an office her counsel was great and I looked terribly professional. When I became a SAHM I looked silly going to the local grocer's in a two piece suit. I ditched them. Now I have no idea what to wear. I go around seeing these perfectly grooming ladies/mums and I feel like the proverbial ugly duckling.

And also...I have problems buying makeup. Every time I go to a counter they try this "Carmen Miranda" (if you are too young to know who CM was think Shakira)look on me. As a latina they imagine I must love salsa and be all spicy and hot (yeah, right...). The makeup girls at the makeup stand keep pushing bright orange and hot pink on me.

Does anyone else here agree personal grooming and style should be taught at school along with the 3 R's?

Edited by desertmum

And also...I have problems buying makeup. Every time I go to a counter they try this "Carmen Miranda" (if you are too young to know who CM was think Shakira)look on me. As a latina they imagine I must love salsa and be all spicy and hot (yeah, right...). The makeup girls at the makeup stand keep pushing bright orange and hot pink on me.

Yikes. At least they're too young to remember Charo. Cucchi cucchi.

I won't let it be! I bought a scarf today, because of you all. I love it. And some cool shoes. And earrings. Ummmm... dh might have some words for you all. Since you MADE me do it!

I pulled out a silver necklace with the pendant my ds brought back from Europe. I'm taking the 3 accessories to heart. :D

How about a list of books on finding your personal style?

Hmmm...I might start with this book: Discovering Your Personal Beauty Profile by Carol Tuttle I requested it from my library and they purchased a copy which was nice as it wasn't a book I needed forever, more of a 'get me started' type of thing.

The biggest thing that helped me start having personal style was a good haircut - and I have a fantastic haircut from cheapie $15 dollar places b/c I am very specific about what I want and how I want my hair cut. I use the right buzz words and know the shape it should be, so anyone with scissors and a modicum of styling training can do it.

Can anyone suggest a hairstyle for 30-40 year old woman? I have thick, slightly wavy, brown hair. It is currently down to my shoulders (all one length) with bangs. I usually wear it in a ponytail. I prefer not to have super short hair b/c it seems to make me look bigger than I want to appear.

Maybe suggest a web site with photos of hairstyles or a description of what I should look for/consider... Thank you for this thread- I really need to take a course on this stuff.

What if bangs don't work for you? I appreciate the advice that "bangs make you look younger" (because they hide a wrinkly forehead??) but they just do NOT work for me. I hate them. I got my hair cut a year ago and she cut really short bangs and....let's just say, I won't go back. I was so upset. I had to clip them back for months.

Can anyone suggest a hairstyle for 30-40 year old woman? I have thick, slightly wavy, brown hair. It is currently down to my shoulders (all one length) with bangs. I usually wear it in a ponytail. I prefer not to have super short hair b/c it seems to make me look bigger than I want to appear.

Maybe suggest a web site with photos of hairstyles or a description of what I should look for/consider... Thank you for this thread- I really need to take a course on this stuff.

What if bangs don't work for you? I appreciate the advice that "bangs make you look younger" (because they hide a wrinkly forehead??) but they just do NOT work for me. I hate them. I got my hair cut a year ago and she cut really short bangs and....let's just say, I won't go back. I was so upset. I had to clip them back for months.

I don't wear bangs. Mine are wispy side bangs. They soften my face without cutting it off. I don't like a lot of bangs either.

Here is what will update your look:

1. Subtle layers cut into your hair. Ask for this: "I would like some layering in my hair - please start the layers at jawline length and blend them well so it gives subtle texture and body without a lot of maintenance. I want to be able to wear a ponytail."

2. Side-swept bangs. If your bangs are cut straight across it usually looks dated. If you want to update them then side-swept bangs are a great option (and very low maintenance too). Ask for this: "I would like side swept bangs - how can I grow my bangs out to that angle? How can I have low-maintenance styling of them?"

3. Having thick hair is a bonus and WONDERFUL. It might feel thick/bushy to you but it sounds beautiful if it is cut right (if you want it to look a bit thinner ask for razor cutting, I generally don't think it's a good idea but my stylist said the one hair type it works well with is thick hair). Do not cut your hair short as you age - having shoulder length hair makes you look younger b/c so many women have thinning hair as they age. Do you want to play up the waves or leave them as is?

I have thinner hair and this is my haircut: http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/short/images/chin-auburn-layers.jpg (except I have bangs on my forehead as well as the side-swept stuff. I use a flatiron to flip the ends up and I get so many compliments of it - it is the perfect style for someone whose hair isn't thick enough to grow out, but still wants some body. It's fairly low maintenance too - 5-10 minutes of styling and no products (I only use shampoo, no conditioner either).

I have thinner hair and this is my haircut: http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/short/images/chin-auburn-layers.jpg (except I have bangs on my forehead as well as the side-swept stuff. I use a flatiron to flip the ends up and I get so many compliments of it - it is the perfect style for someone whose hair isn't thick enough to grow out, but still wants some body. It's fairly low maintenance too - 5-10 minutes of styling and no products (I only use shampoo, no conditioner either).

I love that cut! My hair is WAY too thick to pull it off:(.

Here is what will update your look:

1. Subtle layers cut into your hair. Ask for this: "I would like some layering in my hair - please start the layers at jawline length and blend them well so it gives subtle texture and body without a lot of maintenance. I want to be able to wear a ponytail."

2. Side-swept bangs. If your bangs are cut straight across it usually looks dated. If you want to update them then side-swept bangs are a great option (and very low maintenance too). Ask for this: "I would like side swept bangs - how can I grow my bangs out to that angle? How can I have low-maintenance styling of them?"

3. Having thick hair is a bonus and WONDERFUL. It might feel thick/bushy to you but it sounds beautiful if it is cut right (if you want it to look a bit thinner ask for razor cutting, I generally don't think it's a good idea but my stylist said the one hair type it works well with is thick hair). Do not cut your hair short as you age - having shoulder length hair makes you look younger b/c so many women have thinning hair as they age. Do you want to play up the waves or leave them as is?

Thanks for this! This is what I need.

I want "long bangs", but the last time I went to a hairdresser and asked for them the hairdresser acted all confused.

I have never found a hairdresser I like and I avoid them for years at a time, which I know isn't a good solution. My hair is about midway between my shoulder blades and my waist. It is moderately thick, wavy, light brown. I currently have no bangs.

When I get layers, my hair gets big, LOL. Not necessarily a bad thing - but it's really a mane of hair at that point.

I would love to see a photograph of a woman with a hairstyle with bangs and my kind of hair - long, wavy and thick. If anyone comes up with one, I'll give you a virtual gold star!

Here in Canada we have a store called Reitmans which is my go-to place for clothes. Everything coordinates, they are totally into layers. They have camis and little t-shirts for underneath, then structured shirts, cardigans, wraps and jackets to layer with. They have tons of pants for different body types and they have a petite and a plus size section, as well.

My one complaint is that they have very few skirts.

Their prices are very reasonable. I pretty much shop exclusively there and buy a whole wardrobe twice a year.

I'm not sure if you can shop them online....

I want "long bangs", but the last time I went to a hairdresser and asked for them the hairdresser acted all confused.

I have never found a hairdresser I like and I avoid them for years at a time, which I know isn't a good solution. My hair is about midway between my shoulder blades and my waist. It is moderately thick, wavy, light brown. I currently have no bangs.

When I get layers, my hair gets big, LOL. Not necessarily a bad thing - but it's really a mane of hair at that point.

I would love to see a photograph of a woman with a hairstyle with bangs and my kind of hair - long, wavy and thick. If anyone comes up with one, I'll give you a virtual gold star!

They can layer it and thin it out so you don't get poofy. Go to a good stylist and tell her your issue. A good stylist will help you get the look you want.

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who has never found a hairstylist. I want to give it another try, and I think that you all have helped me define what to ask for at the salon. I have super thick, wavy hair and I am open to any style that matches my personality- not too wild, rather reserved. I will start letting my bangs grow out a bit and give the stylist something to work with. Layers- got it. Bangs- grow them out a bit, but not all the way. Anyone with a photo sample of what I might be looking for?

Thank you again for sharing your wisdom. I am taking notes and going to try really hard to learn.

I will send you a PM with pics and such :). The key with the long bangs is to ask for 'side swept bangs' and part your hair on the side - with hair that long, side swept 'bangs' would probably be ear/jaw length and be tucked behind your ear most of the time.

I will send you a PM with pics and such :). The key with the long bangs is to ask for 'side swept bangs' and part your hair on the side - with hair that long, side swept 'bangs' would probably be ear/jaw length and be tucked behind your ear most of the time.

Please post the pictures here. My hair is similar and I am eager to see what you mean (I am definitely a visual person).

Here in Canada we have a store called Reitmans which is my go-to place for clothes. Everything coordinates, they are totally into layers. They have camis and little t-shirts for underneath, then structured shirts, cardigans, wraps and jackets to layer with. They have tons of pants for different body types and they have a petite and a plus size section, as well.

My one complaint is that they have very few skirts.

Their prices are very reasonable. I pretty much shop exclusively there and buy a whole wardrobe twice a year.

I'm not sure if you can shop them online....

Reitman's is my go to for casual clothes and casual workwear! You can buy from them online, but they don't ship outside of Canada. Sometimes they have pieces online that aren't in my local store. Have you seen their shoes online?? My nearest store doesn't have shoes. I ordered these and these (in black). Just got them Friday and they are fabulous! I was really impressed! I will probably order shoes from them again. I don't have anywhere near to shop for really cute shoes, and sometimes Sears just doesn't rock my shoeworld, KWIM?

Hmmm...I might start with this book: Discovering Your Personal Beauty Profile by Carol Tuttle I requested it from my library and they purchased a copy which was nice as it wasn't a book I needed forever, more of a 'get me started' type of thing.

I read some mixed reviews about this book. Is it worth ordering it?

How about a pixie cut for fine hair? My hair is pretty messed up so it will not grow as thick as before. Someone suggested short hair looks better if you haven't got a lot of hair. Do you need a professional stylist to get a decent pixie cut? I would like the Emma Watson/Winona Rider look. I don't want to look "butch".

post-17769-13535085443156_thumb.jpg

* The majority of women over 35 color their hair to cover grey and add highlights. If you dye your hair, make sure you use a color that flatters your coloring. Here's a hint: If you look fantastic in GREY colors and muted tones, then you want ashy colors in your hair -resist the temptation to go 'warm blond' as it will make you look wretched.

Agreeing with all that you said. Great reminders.

I have grays, more and more of them, now that I'm 43. I never really wanted to color. Don't know if I should. Dh prefers my grays. My dd does not. :confused: My hairdresser loves my grays.

As far as color goes, I once read that the most flattering hair color is what our natural hair color was at the age of 2. :)

Check out _Color Me Beautiful_ and figure out what "season" you are - it really helps picking out colors that flatter you for make-up and clothes.

To deal with the eyebrow issue, go get your brows waxed at a decent salon (it should be about $15-$20). Then try to maintain the shape they make on your own with tweezers. I get mine waxed twice a year or so at the same place I get my hair cut, then maintain in between with tweezing.

Get a flat iron, its a wonderful thing.

All of this. :)

I love Color Me Beautiful. Helped me a lot in my teens and twenties. I wish they would update their book, etc.

I get my brows done once a month.

Flat irons are fabulous. I seldom use mine, however. Noticed hair loss. Only use it for special occasions.

I cannot imagine what my leg hair would have looked like in 8th grade without shaving - I would have been as hairy as a teenage guy. The only people I knew who didn't start shaving until middle school or beyond were friends of Scandanavian descent.

:iagree:

I never understand why some moms are fixated on an age when it comes to issues of personal hygiene. I allowed my dd to shave her legs when she felt the need. It's not that big of a deal, IMHO.

Ok I've read the How Not to Look Old book and I've observed she has a definite hair type, involving straight blown out hair. (Except for the tips for "black hair" which cracked me up -- a weave for medium maintenance, only $500 for 6 weeks!) My hair just doesn't look like her ideal, or I'm not going through her rituals to get it there. All the celebritites looked the same, but she's right, they have improved, and I was glad to have a way to describe it. Except Salma Hayek. I firmly believe she looked better before bangs. Otherwise the book was alternately funny and depressing!

In other words, I still haven't figured out hair.

Agreeing with all that you said. Great reminders.

I have grays, more and more of them, now that I'm 43. I never really wanted to color. Don't know if I should. Dh prefers my grays. My dd does not. :confused: My hairdresser loves my grays.

As far as color goes, I once read that the most flattering hair color is what our natural hair color was at the age of 2. :)

Oh dear, I didn't have any hair to speak of when I was 2! :lol: But I guess what I did have was really light blonde. My stylist's recommendation to me now that I'm starting to need to cover gray is to get blonde highlights to help the gray blend in rather than trying to put some kind of color on the gray. So I've increased the amount of highlights in my hair. But again, my natural color as a child was a light blonde, so it fits. And mine are ashy, not golden blonde because that color would never look right on me.

My current hair crisis is that we've moved to a town with terrible water and my hair that has always been fine and straight is now getting frizzy and bushy on the lower half of the strands. Not an attractive look! So I'm having to straighten my naturally straight hair :001_huh: or wear it in a ponytail.

I read some mixed reviews about this book. Is it worth ordering it?

Here's the deal with the book - it will not tell you how the details of how to dress and develop your own personal style, that is just on her site. That's why it's a 'borrow' vs. 'buy' book for me.

What the book will give you is this:

1. What your dominant 'style type' is (Type 1/Type 2/Type 3/Type 4). This is extremely helpful b/c it gives you a matrix through which to filter clothing/accessories/hairstyle/color palette. If you have you ever wondered why you look ridiculous in an outfit your friend looks beautiful in, this system explains why. I always wished I could look beautiful in soft/feminine lines like a romantic draped sweater or long skirt. Instead, when I put those items on I look frumpy, terribly frumpy. Once I figured out my type, it made total sense why - those items are not in my type's style. I wear skirts, but with structure and texture (like a corduroy Lands End skirt). I wear sweaters, but they have Vnecks and ribbing instead of smooth cashmere. This let me stop trying on styles that don't work for me and focus just on what does work well ( like this dress which will always make me look like Minnie Mouse, not a 1940's bombshell - but a Type 1 personality could totally pull this off with style and class).

2. What basic neutral colors look best on your type, and examples of people who are that type (ex. I look really bad in plain black and white, but I look very stylish in rich brown tones so that is my neutral base instead).

3. "Descriptive words" for your type. This is helpful in a place like the hair salon where you can say "I want my hair to be ______, ______, _____, and ______. This is how I got the great haircut I have even though I go to the $15 places. Initially, when I was just figuring this out, I said "I want hair that has movement, texture, and angles in it with medium body. What cut will give me that look?"

4. Once you know your type from the book, then look through the makeover videos contest for the videos of other people of your type and (before-and-afters)- this gives ideas for colors and styles. You do NOT have to buy Carol's $200+ program to get the basics of her ideas. Repeat - you do NOT have to buy her course to get some ideas from the blog/makeover videos/accessories store. You do not have to wear too much make-up or overdone accessories to update your look. I think some of the makeovers look fantastic and others look bad. But that's b/c different people took the basic principles of their type and applies it in different ways. I took fashion principles from the website site/free youtube videos that reasonated with me and got tons of compliments from people on how I dressed and my hair (compared to my complete non-style from before I found her info).

**Note: She's got some wacky beliefs about 'health-wealth-prosperity' and such which I recommend ignoring. I look at her stuff for some basic fashion principles and nothing more. It gave me a jumpstart in figuring out my own put-together look for a mom in her 30's, and it was an excellent resource. But I have no interest in listening to her talk about stuff that conflicts with my religious beliefs :).

Anyway, that's my experience with her materials. If you google you might be able to find other message boards with more discussion and information. IMO she's very much a 'take what helps you and leave the rest' type of author - much like Oprah.

Edited by Sevilla

Here's the deal with the book - it will not tell you how the details of how to dress and develop your own personal style, that is just on her site. That's why it's a 'borrow' vs. 'buy' book for me.

What the book will give you is this:

Wow. Thank you ever so much for such a detailed explanation of the book. I can't believe you sat down to type a whole page of information. :cheers2:

Cheers for that.

I will read what you wrote again and then make an informed decision. I truly don't know what type I am but I can tell you right now I always look like Halloween is early this year. :tongue_smilie:

Okay, I've been thinking about it for awhile and this thread just talked me into it. I'm going in half an hour to get my hair cut ... for the first time in years. Right after DH and I met I cut my super long hair short. I hated it. That was the last time I got a cut. Until today. Eek. Kind of freaking out.

I might post pictures for you guys when I get back it I'm not hiding in the bathroom crying. :001_smile:

Hair advice...

I'm not great at styling my own hair. Not only do I lack the finesse, I simply get bored too fast. My hair is thick and dark. At 54, I'm just now going gray...but that's okay because i"ve been highlighting for a few years now. Just for the fun of it.

One of the BEST things I ever did was get to know one hair stylist. ONE. Even better she went to church with me. One day after she had sat behind me in Bible class she said (with a smile) 'you are serious. You don't mess with your hair much, do you?' Since then she cut my hair in a way that really worked with my wash and wear, outdoor lifestyle.

These days I'm done with hsing and on to real estate. I've let my super short hair grow out to nearly shoulder length (with some layers in there so it's not heavy). I use mousse and a flat iron to get some style. I'm STUNNED at how much younger I look. Several people have mentioned it. Yay!

Have we talked about color coordination in the closet? I like the Color Me Beautiful book. I did that when it first came along. A consultatant couldn't put me in a catagory neatly. Evidently I'm a late summer/early fall gal. :D

What I'm talking about is limiting your closet to a certain color palette. One business woman I read about only buys white, black, and pink. Those are the only colors in her closet. EVERYTHING goes with everything else that way. There was a photo of her closet and it looked smashing.

Another woman I read about chose three other colors...navy, white, and grey. I can't remember, but I do remember going into my closet. Heh, heh. Not so smashing. Most definitely not color coorindated. I love color so that doesn't help.

I'm thinking about really shopping with an eye for color so that many things work together better. I think I'd get more mileage out of my clothing.

Have we talked about color coordination in the closet?

What I'm talking about is limiting your closet to a certain color palette. One business woman I read about only buys white, black, and pink. Those are the only colors in her closet. EVERYTHING goes with everything else that way. There was a photo of her closet and it looked smashing.

:iagree: I cannot tell you how much easier it is to dress well when you can mix and match effortlessly. These are basic 'autumn' colors if you do Color Me Beautiful.

Here is my closet palette:

Neutral: Rich/warm brown (this is my shoes, pants, camisoles, and some layering sweaters/jackets/shirts). Light colored neutral options are dirty khaki and a wheat color. For denim I wear medium to dark washes.

Colors: Plum purple, fuschia, peacock teal blue, olive green, burnt orange, brick red. If I wanted to (and looked nice in it) I could add mustard yellow, but I just haven't found much I like in that shade.

Pretty much everything in my closet looks nice together. My scarves coordinate with most of my shirts, my jewelry is all in the same color family (bronzed/dirty gold with various accent colors above). My tops and bottoms match up very well. My make-up also goes together with the above - it's in bronze/brown shades. I don't wear any black at all except yoga pants for exercising b/c I don't need it as a neutral - brown fills that role.

I am a very 'basics' girl. I don't like lots of options or too many choices. What I have going above is a very limited palate that flatters my skin/eyes/hair, coordinates together, and eliminates guesswork in shopping. I'm not even tempted by a grey-sky blue striped tshirt b/c it matches NOTHING in my closet. Same goes for a black-and-white patterned peasant blouse.

One secret is to take along a 'base piece' when you go shopping to compare anything you might want to try on. I bring a scarf or shirt or skirt with a pattern with several of my favorite coordinating colors. I hold that item up to the new item and if it harmonized then I know it's a good color match for me. If it looks bad? I skip it and move on.

Edited by Sevilla

:iagree: I cannot tell you how much easier it is to dress well when you can mix and match effortlessly.

Here is my closet palette (as an example):

Neutral: Rich/warm brown (this is my shoes, pants, camisoles, and some layering sweaters/jackets/shirts). Light colored neutral options are dirty khaki and a wheat color. For denim I wear medium to dark washes.

Colors: Plum purple, fuschia, peacock teal blue, olive green, burnt orange, brick red. If I wanted to (and looked nice in it) I could add mustard yellow, but I just haven't found much I like in that shade. These are basic 'autumn' colors if you do Color Me Beautiful.

Pretty much everything in my closet looks nice together. My scarves coordinate with most of my shirts, my jewelry is all in the same color family (bronzed/dirty gold with various accent colors above). My tops and bottoms match up very well. My make-up also goes together with the above - it's in bronze/brown shades. I don't wear any black at all except yoga pants for exercising b/c I don't need it as a neutral - brown fills that role.

I am a very 'basics' girl. I don't like lots of options or too many choices. What I have going above is a very limited palate that flatters my skin/eyes/hair, coordinates together, and eliminates guesswork in shopping. I'm not even tempted by a grey-sky blue striped tshirt b/c it matches NOTHING in my closet. Same goes for a black-and-white patterned peasant blouse.

One secret is to take along a 'base piece' when you go shopping to compare anything you might want to try on. I bring a scarf or shirt or skirt with a pattern with several of my favorite coordinating colors. I hold that item up to the new item and if it harmonized then I know it's a good color match for me. If it looks bad? I skip it and move on.

I love how you are living what I wrote. I'm inspired! It's about time to cull out some unloved things and see what colors remain. Those will build my palette.

Okay, I'm back!

Two before pictures of my hair and one after. Lots of layers and a lot shorter. I love it though. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate it. When the gal was fixing it she turned me away from the mirror so it would be a surprise. I told her I was trying to remember exactly what she was doing so I wouldn't wake up tomorrow and put it in a ponytail.

Also, I'm wearing the awesome Doctor Who shirt my baby sister got me for my birthday last week.

post-10984-13535085443888_thumb.jpg

post-10984-13535085444202_thumb.jpg

post-10984-13535085444497_thumb.jpg

post-10984-13535085443888_thumb.jpg

post-10984-13535085444202_thumb.jpg

post-10984-13535085444497_thumb.jpg