Menu

Can I complain about graphics on boys T-shirts??

I'm trying to buy a few T-shirts for my boys. The plain ones look so...plain...I guess. :001_huh: Yet, the graphics are either pushing an agenda - such as global warming - or have pretty dumb things - like a picture of a brain saying "checked out for the summer". Ugh. This is hard!! Just had to vent! Oh, these were at Old Navy. Maybe there is a better place to look for T-shirts for boys 6-8 years old?

My favorite site for t-shirts is threadless! They have some really great shirts. Every Monday they offer up new designs and every once in a while have big sales where nearly all their shirts are $5. There are all sorts of different designs-some cute, some funny, some pun-based, I just love that site!

My dd found some great shirts at Ross (a discount store.) Pictures of guitars and such. She shops in the boys' section too, so I know there were good shirts there as well.

Of course she also got a shirt that says "PARENTS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND." I think she got that one because I told her my favorite song is

by My Chemical Romance. Heh heh.

I know what you mean. I also don't like the 'scary' looking ones. Too much, imo.

Maybe try Kohl's, Gymboree, Land's End (Sears), Target (don't know if they have anything good).

I get athletic type shirts for mine at Target. They have the Champion brand of the quick dry stuff. My kids live in these. For other shirts, mainly they come from Old Navy (when they have decent ones), Lands End, LL Bean.

My son prefers polo shirts over T's. So, we avoid the whole graphic issue most of the time. He has pretty conservative taste and isn't into sports or most of the current TV shows or characters. And I won't buy things with slogans that are rude or crude.

He does like those T-shirts that just have stripes across the chest. I just bought a bunch like these on sale at Target in several different colors:

411CTmdfxbL._SS260_.jpg

He's also a dancer and wears those stretchy athletic shirts both in and out of class.

We generally buy plain, solid color Ts or ringer Ts at Target, Gap, Old Navy... For more interesting graphic Ts, miniBoden has a few with just animals or musical instruments or vehicles that ds really likes. (I usually buy mostly cheaper plain Ts and then one or two miniBoden ones for the year, so he can have something interesting thrown in with the others.) Gymboree this year had precious little, I thought, though we've found a few things there in the past. Hanna Andersson had one or two this year. But miniBoden has had the most choices for us, and they generally have coupons floating around for 10-20% off and perhaps free shipping. LandsEnd has some sometimes too.

I usually buy shirts on clearance all at once. However, my problem is so many of the shirts now have flaming skulls and such on them. My son told me he does not want to wear those kinds of shirts, I'm glad about that.

I usually opt for plain for around the house, a polo for when we go out, and if I can find a striped or button up shirt, I'll go with that too.

Costco, BJ's and Sam's often have plainer clothes without stupid things on them.

I avoid any character shirts like the plague!

Recently, we went into Payless and the only shoes we liked had skulls inside of them! I put them back and left.

Girls tees are more offense than the boys' shirts. "Mommy said no, but daddy always says yes to his princess" and "Attitude" galore shirts...and the "I'm so hot" comments. Really? Kids grow up fast enough, so why fast forward to make a little girl a Britney-wannabe?

My fave boy's comment "I do all my own stunts" and "Don't ask, I did it"! DS wears them both, and it's so fitting (no pun intended-really).

Wal-Mart had a group of "green" t-shirts with "funny" things on them too. THings like, Save Energy, Don't Talk To Me. And Conserve Gas, Bottle Your F*rts. There were more too.

Snort! Which one did you buy?

I have some favorite horsey ones.

"I do not need another horse, I do not need another horse"

"Grooming- the fine art of removing hair from your horse and putting it on yourself."

"Dogs have owners, horses have staff."

How about "My Arabian is smarter than your Honor Student"??