Menu

When using the computer are you on a desktop or a laptop?

When using the computer are you on a desk top or a lap top?  

1. 1. When using the computer are you on a desk top or a lap top?

• Desk top
    • Lap Top
    • Other

Laptop.

When we moved to Brazil it was just too bulky/heavy to bring the desktop as we had only a small air shipment (one pallet) and our luggage, no sea shipment/container shipped over.

We will likely bring over a desktop on our next US trip, now that they are more slimline and flat screen monitors. When we moved, flat screen monitors were very expensive and we had the old boxy kind.

Laptop and other...I've really gotten accustomed to the Ipad for stuff...I use it for my co-op to keep attendance and record stuff on the engrade site I use...plus use it to keep a reference to Purdue's Online writing lab....it's been a great tool to carry with me! We only have one desktop that is used anymore, Rosetta Stone loaded on that computer so they kids use it..but my husband is a software guy so his company keeps him supplied in several laptops...I'm just not a mac person and he's having to take my Dell away and is making me switch to a mac...not happy.

I voted other. I find myself using my iPad more and more often, but still use the laptop for creating documents and other typing-intensive tasks.

I can't imagine using a desktop anymore. Being tied to one location would drive me bonkers.

I voted other. I find myself using my iPad more and more often, but still use the laptop for creating documents and other typing-intensive tasks.

I can't imagine using a desktop anymore. Being tied to one location would drive me bonkers.

:iagree: This, exactly. We have one desktop left in our house, but its replacement will be a laptop.

I voted other: Desktop for (paid) work; laptop for home management, school and play.

I voted laptop, but it's a trick question. I have the opposite of Laura. A laptop, provided by my company. I do everything on it, except the family checkbook. It is in a docking station and, honestly, rarely comes out except when I'm traveling (for pleasure or family obligations).

Dh and ds share a desktop, though dh seems to have acquired an old laptop from work. Any new computers we buy will likely be laptops or netbooks or IPADs or ...