Menu

Which Bible do you read to your 5yr old?

We have been reading through the Vos bible and it has been fantastic, but I want something with pictures to read to my youngest. We will be using Biblioplan Ancients. I also have 101 Favorite Stories from the Bible, which we read last year. He does not seem like a auditory learner but loves picture books. Any suggestions?

We have lots but this one is the Beginners Bibles that has lots of pictures.

The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories

We got the 6 year old the Adventure Bible for Christmas which he left at church somewhere. He might start reading it if we could find since he started enjoying (FINALLY:) a few weeks ago. Praise the Lord.

I also pick them up at Used Curriculum Sales and Garage sales and Consignment sales for pretty cheap so we have lots of different ones to choose from around the house.

My almost 4 year old and 2 year old love The Jesus Storybook Bible. The illustrations are a refreshing alternative to some of the others I've seen out there. It's written in a very conversational tone which helps the kids stay focused.

:iagree:This is my kids' favorite Bible.

:iagree:

I also recommend the version that comes with CDs. It's read by David Suchet and just marvelous! We listen in the car and read several chapters each night. They are really internalizing the stories and lessons. I love that the story of Christ's redemptive work is woven throughout.

We have been reading through the Vos bible and it has been fantastic, but I want something with pictures to read to my youngest. We will be using Biblioplan Ancients. I also have 101 Favorite Stories from the Bible, which we read last year. He does not seem like a auditory learner but loves picture books. Any suggestions?

I absolutely LOVE the Jesus Story Bible. I read it to my littlies often. It shares the love of Jesus in every single story

I even read it to my mom as she lay dying...it was so peaceful and sweet...I know she was listening to His word.

Faithe

My 6 yo LOVES the Jesus Storybook Bible.

Every morning we read straight from the NIV, which my kids have no problem understanding. We do a mini-inductive discussion over breakfast. This has been our best devotion time that we have ever done, really. In addition to that, for my dd6, I read to her from the Jesus Storybook Bible, but usually before bed.

My almost 4 year old and 2 year old love The Jesus Storybook Bible. The illustrations are a refreshing alternative to some of the others I've seen out there. It's written in a very conversational tone which helps the kids stay focused.

We love this one too! At 5, he often colored pictures that went along with the event we were reading about.

Once he moved to listening to the regular Bible we started reading out of his 2:52 Bible.

we have the JSB, and it is ok (duck) but to me it is more a 'retelling' or a 'story based on the Bible' --

I'd love to find basically an easy reader Bible --

I have The Golden Children's Bible -- mine from my youth -- but it still above him.

Any thoughts for an 'easy reader Bible"