Menu

What do you forget when going away?

Apparently practically everything..going by my last trip :lol:

I forgot my toothbrush, my other bra, pajamas, my other jeans...

Start with your personal hygiene list. Then undergarments. Then clothing. Shoes.

Toothbrush, hairbrush, deodorant, razor are the commonly forgotten 'little things' here.

I have stopped caring. Anything I truly need I can get. If my toothpaste, tbrush, blush, curly girl conditioner, iPhone (I don't even care too much about the charger, as they are everywhere), and concealer are in my purse, I'm good. I like an extra pair of panties in my bag as well. lol Easy-peasy. I've spent time consdiering how to grab this little bag without looking like a selfish brat if I need to exit quickly down a plane slide. ;)

Edited by LibraryLover

I am usually crazy organized, but it came up today that we have the opportunity to visit a friend now. We're leaving Saturday! We're in PA, friend is in GA and I'm driving. I'll have access to a walmart, but I don't want to mess up my budget by forgetting things.

For me, the most important is my CPAP, meds, and chargers (945 mile drive with a dead cell and 2 kids wouldn't be a good idea!).

DD only needs her big blanket

DS needs diapers, pediasure, and meds.

These are the absolutes.

Obviously clothes, 15 of everything (5 outfits ppx3). Toiletries. Kindle and charger. School books, PENCILS. Ipod and charger. Water bottles in the car. Keep the kids happy snacks (like as natural as possible fruit snacks). Reading books for dd. Kids' cameras and battery charger.

I want to live in a motor home. No forgetting things!

Thanks everyone!

I've forgotten my toothbrush too many times. last month a friend walked in on me while I was "washing" my teeth with toilet paper and toothpaste. :lol::lol::lol: I told her the first stop we were going to make was a drug store so I could get a toothbrush!

Pack enough underwear and don't forget deodorant. When you get ready in the morning, as you finish using your item, place it in your bag/suitcase which should be right with you.

Socks? I always bring them if I'm staying in a hotel. No matter the season, socks.

Aspirin. I always end up hunting down a gift shop to overpay for the stuff.

I should add Imodium A-D to this. ;) It has seemed important in the past.

I am only cionsdiering bare-bone things here, or where I might have to overpay? Why is Tylenol a billion dollars in an airport? ;) Am I going where there is no Target, or Mark & Spencer?

Edited by LibraryLover

I always seem to forget something of my dh's. :lol: I have forgotten his toothbrush, underwear, and socks in the past. One time I forgot his shirts and he had to wear mine until we could buy him some. I am 5 ft tall and wear a petite medium. He is 5 ft 11 and wears an XL. He still hasn't felt the need to pack for himself. I pack whenever we go on a trip together but if he goes on a business trip he does the packing and I just wash and iron the clothes beforehand.

I once went to an out of town wedding and forgot my hair dryer. For me, that's nearly then end of the world. I have curly hair that I blow dry straight and touch it up with a straightener.

Now I make a checklist. I haven't forgotten anything in a while thanks to the checklist.

any prescriptions! What a pain when those are forgotten!

Yep, and only take as much as you need for the trip plus a day or two (incase you drop a tablet). I can not tell you how many times people have came into the pharmacy, having to get replacement scripts because they left/forgot meds in a hotel room or where ever they were vacationing.

Either save last months pill bottles, pack a pill minder or ask the pharmacy for extra bottles with labels. Give them some time to do it for you and they should be nice about it. As a pharm tech, I usually ask how many days a person will be gone so I can give them the smallest bottle that will hold that amount of meds. This reduces the person's carry on.

If the staff doesn't seem to want to do it, just buy a simple pill minder instead. It is above and beyond for customer service, but I don't mind helping people out if they give me enough time to help them. (a days notice is great!)