Menu

Goodbye Childhood

My 12 year old DS just asked me to put his lovey in storage and gave all of his stuffed animals to his younger brother. This sweet lovey has been in his bed since he was three. A cloth doll, named baby, she has been hugged flat and worn to velveteen rabbit thinness.

Bittersweet days, bittersweet.

My four girls all sleep with their favorite teddy bears (different creatures). I actually was literally reunited with mine which I got at age 5 or something and which my dad bought to me after I had hidden it in the store when my mother had refused to buy it for me. It was surreal to be reunited with it actually.

When oldest dd when to college, then I bought her a new lovey bear, just because her old panda was falling apart and I needed it to stay home here. She now sleeps with her substitute and her friends fool around with it when they visit her (she is cool with that).

Growing up is neat if no trauma is involved, hehe.

:grouphug: Ohh, I'd be sad too.

My poor son...age 11....can't bear to give up his stuffed animals, but is horrified to think his friends might see them. :( I feel so bad for how torn he feels. They are all lined up on the top shelf of his closet. Sometimes I get one down to give him when he is having trouble winding down at bedtime.

I'm an adult with 3 children & my blankie still lives in my bed......every night! :)

My ds has a blue fleece blanket I bought when he was 6 weeks old. He still has it. It travels with us. When he was younger we could not leave the house without it. I'm not sure if he has taken it this summer when he works with dad. I tell him when he is ready we'll have a pillow form sewn in it and put some cool patches over the holes. I tell him no one will know what it really is (except all of you here).He just grins at me.

My 12 year old DS just asked me to put his lovey in storage and gave all of his stuffed animals to his younger brother. This sweet lovey has been in his bed since he was three. A cloth doll, named baby, she has been hugged flat and worn to velveteen rabbit thinness.

Bittersweet days, bittersweet.

Oh, my goodness. Just reading this makes my heart hurt. Hugs to you.:grouphug::grouphug:

I saw my ds's "baby pillow" and "Bear" stuffed behind his bed on the floor last night. I resolved right then to not say a word to him. Sigh. He just passed me up in height in the last month or so...

My oldest has a Winnie the Pooh blanket that was given to her by fil. She still sleeps with it. Youngest dd has Lambert. Here is a pic I posted of her with him. He goes EVERYWHERE with her. I don't want to imagine the day when he stays home:crying:.

So, my kids will always love their blankies/Lamberts, right?

Do you see this? Do you?! ---------------> :willy_nilly:

That is me, running around with my fingers in my ears, singing 'La La La' at the top of my lungs.

Because so long as I can't hear you, I can pretend that my Moose will never, EVER give up his "woof-woof bear"; also known as the world's most pathetic looking, bedraggled, strangly-proportioned stuffed bear, which my son adores. :D