Menu

Who is this child, a doppelganger? (brag alert)

I'm in shock at what I just witnessed. My ds14 who has Asperger's just completed the first half of a writing assignment in World History completely on his own. INDEPENDENTLY type of alone!

I told him I didn't really know how to approach this assignment. We wrote his teacher for some help and she gave him a creative direction to approach. Creativity?? From my literal-minded Aspie teen? He is to write 2 articles, each one with 250-300 words. We have procrastinated this assignment since last Wednesday, not knowing how to approach it. And tonight, he sat here and wrote the first article in 20 minutes. He plans to write the second article tomorrow.

This may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but this is as big as the hug he gave to me several months ago. It had been the first full hug he gave to me since he was 4 years old. I cried, and I feel that same way right now. My boy! I'm so proud of him!

This may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but this is as big as the hug he gave to me several months ago. It had been the first full hug he gave to me since he was 4 years old. I cried, and I feel that same way right now. My boy! I'm so proud of him!

I totally relate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party::party:Definitly a proud Momma moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish my Aspie would do this!!! Maybe he will one day, or maybe not :tongue_smilie:.

Thanks everyone! Later, I went into his room and apologized to him that sometimes I try to do too much for him without giving him a chance to do something on his own. We had a talk about approaching difficult tasks by breaking them into smaller tasks. He said he was proud of himself and that it felt good. :)

I'm in shock at what I just witnessed. My ds14 who has Asperger's just completed the first half of a writing assignment in World History completely on his own. INDEPENDENTLY type of alone!

I told him I didn't really know how to approach this assignment. We wrote his teacher for some help and she gave him a creative direction to approach. Creativity?? From my literal-minded Aspie teen? He is to write 2 articles, each one with 250-300 words. We have procrastinated this assignment since last Wednesday, not knowing how to approach it. And tonight, he sat here and wrote the first article in 20 minutes. He plans to write the second article tomorrow.

SO happy for you both!!!