Menu

What type of clothes do you wear for workouts?

We recently started jogging and doing some very light weigtlifting for toning. The first day I ran, I realized I would have to buy a more supportive bra. :tongue_smilie: So I got that taken care of, but I can't find comfortable shorts to wear. Mine are either too tight at the waist or so loose they fall down as I run, and my thighs are chafing from the hem of the shorts rubbing on them. So...can someone link me to some clothing that might actually be comfortable to work out in?

We recently started jogging and doing some very light weigtlifting for toning. The first day I ran, I realized I would have to buy a more supportive bra. :tongue_smilie: So I got that taken care of, but I can't find comfortable shorts to wear. Mine are either too tight at the waist or so loose they fall down as I run, and my thighs are chafing from the hem of the shorts rubbing on them. So...can someone link me to some clothing that might actually be comfortable to work out in?

Yes ma'am...

SkirtSports

I don't do shorts. There are other brands of skirts but this company makes the best IMO.

In hot weather...a running skirt. It is basically biker shorts (which don't ride up and are long enough to prevent chafing) and then an attached skirt. The skirt provides more coverage than plain biking shorts do. I don't have the exact ones linked below, but it shows you what they are.

http://chicrunner.com/2009/01/running-skirt-review/

I went into a running store and the fabulous saleswoman recommended them.

In cooler weather, I have some Nike dry-fit capris. The flared leg is more flattering than a tight leg all the way down.

I made up my own running skirts. lol! The ones off the rack were a leeetle short for my comfort level and the Athleta ones did not make my wallet happy! I just wear a pair of regular bike shorts and the jersey foldover skirt from Old Navy. Oh and get an Enell bra. They are crazy expensive (about $68) but so so so sooooo worth it! It's the only bra that keeps my girls in place at all.

I like skorts of some kind, but through trial and error I have found not all are equal. And it doesn't matter how much I pay for them either! I need compression shorts that are at least 5 inches long. Any shorter and they ride up. YMMV and all that. The skorts I have that are shorter, I have to wear longer bike shorts underneath. Chafing is no fun at all!

OH! And I recently got a running dress.

http://www.skirtsports.com/shop/product.cfm/id/1203-Wonder-Girl-Dress-Super-Hero

It was on a sale rack at a marathon expo. With shorts underneath, it is the wonderful!