Menu

Are you kidding me?!

Ugh. We have seen on the news that people are stalking delivery trucks and doing stuff like that. I think you should ask your neighbors if they saw ANYTHING or ANYONE.

I would also try to get FedEx to try to contact the driver and see if they remember anything. Fat chance as many deliveries as they make, but you never know.

:grouphug:

I'm sorry. That is awful!

UPDATE:

After calling again and asking for the actual name that signed they put me on hold to contact the driver. They found out that it had not been delivered and it was still at the terminal. Someone had marked it delivered and put initials by mistake. I am not sure how that can happen, but I am glad that was all it was!

Back to stalking the FedEx man.

UPDATE:

After calling again and asking for the actual name that signed they put me on hold to contact the driver. They found out that it had not been delivered and it was still at the terminal. Someone had marked it delivered and put initials by mistake. I am not sure how that can happen, but I am glad that was all it was!

It think I would make sure someone was home at all times until they arrive. Glad they were not stolen!

My own litle rant: The UPS man has been leaving our deliveries (last three, DS12's birthday coming up, so several deliveries in the last few weeks), over by the garage door, on the corner of the house, and not even ringing the doorbell!!!

We live on the corner of a the main neighborhood road.

We'll go outside for whatever reason and there is a box sitting way over by the garage....grrrrrrr! What if it rained?

If I could figure out how to complain to UPS, I sure would!!

UPDATE:

:hurray::hurray: I'm glad that it was not stolen or misdelivered. Hopefully they will keep this sort of thing from happening again. . .

That is good news.

At our last house, we had the worst UPS guy for a while - he would never ring the doorbell even thought I worked from home and was nearly always there. He would leave things in very odd places. Once he just left a note for something that had to be signed for - and I had paid extra for faster delivery. I know for a fact I was home, he just didn't feel like ringing the doorbell! We got a new lady shortly after that - wonder how many complaints they got about him.

Seems like if theft is becoming a problem, it ought to to be required to show id matching the delivery address to sign for anything over a certain value.

My own litle rant: The UPS man has been leaving our deliveries (last three, DS12's birthday coming up, so several deliveries in the last few weeks), over by the garage door, on the corner of the house, and not even ringing the doorbell!!!

We'll go outside for whatever reason and there is a box sitting way over by the garage....grrrrrrr! What if it rained?

We must have the same driver:tongue_smilie:. They have been leaving my packages by the garage door and not ringing the doorbell. I had a package come while I was out on Friday and we had a heavy thunderstorm while I was gone.:glare: I have a covered front porch!!!!! UGH! Anyway, the package was soaked but somehow the plastic on top of the items inside somehow kept it from getting wet. I really need to talk to a neighbor down the street(who works for UPS) to see how to stop this.

I'm glad you found it! I had a problem with FedEx last week. I was sitting at home, waiting for the package, in full view of the front door. I received an email notification that the package delivery could not be made because I had moved! The truck never passed my house! I immediately called; and within an hour, I had my package. The driver was apparently lazy and decided he did not want to deliver my package that day. He would not even look at me when he dropped the package off! No apology either.

I know it doesn't help us on the receiving end, but I've heard that UPS is horrid to their drivers. Apparently, they load up the truck and then the driver has to deliver all of the packages before they go home for the day regardless of how long that takes. We've had deliveries after 10pm at night. My understanding is that he would have been at work since the morning, making for more than a 12 hour day...it is wasn't even near a holiday to boost the number of deliveries.

I know it doesn't help us on the receiving end, but I've heard that UPS is horrid to their drivers. Apparently, they load up the truck and then the driver has to deliver all of the packages before they go home for the day regardless of how long that takes. We've had deliveries after 10pm at night. My understanding is that he would have been at work since the morning, making for more than a 12 hour day...it is wasn't even near a holiday to boost the number of deliveries.

I had heard this, too, from a former driver--and that was nearly 20 years ago!

I believe it. We got a phone call one evening close to 11pm. It was UPS saying our address didn't exsist. I assured them it did and I was in fact at said address. We did get the package and it was well after 10 pm.

I know it doesn't help us on the receiving end, but I've heard that UPS is horrid to their drivers.

Sorry but I don't believe this. My hubby worked for UPS 15 years ago and the teamsters made sure the workers were treated very well. I think it was shortly before their strike which got them even better working conditions. The union won that high-profile fight against management, and I'd be shocked if it has changed much.

As far as delivering packages at 10PM - you bet the driver is making $$$ for any time he works after 8 hours a day, so I imagine management doesn't like long days any better than drivers do.

We were once in a fruit-delivery club. Delivery person placed a pineapple inside our garage door in a black plastic bag in JULY!!! For a couple of weeks I vaguely wondered why dh hadn't thrown away that trash bag, while dh was vaguely wondering why I had placed a trashbag in a non-standard place, until it finally dawned on me that perhaps the bag held our missing fruit. It did. :glare: Fortunately, the fruit company replaced the pineapple.

Sometimes when you order things, you can leave messages for the delivery person such as "place inside such-and-such door" or whatever. My SIL had to do this because UPS delivered several things that her new puppy tore to shreds before they realized a delivery had happened.

We may be in the definite majority, but I absolutely love our UPS man and FedEX Gal. They have been the same two people for the past 10 years.

Between my work at home tech hubby and homeschooling, we get a LOT of packages. They both know we homeschool, so they leave the packages with a quiet little knock unless they absolutely must have a signature. They even gave us their cell phone numbers in case we ever needed to get in touch with them directly regarding packages.

They are almost like a part of the family.:D