Menu

Just got IOWA results and MM is a winner for us!!

golfcartmama

We just received my son's test results from the IOWA and he scored a 96 percentile overall for math and I couldn't be happier!

It was one of those pull your hair out subjects for us this year and I was going to go back to Saxon...didn't know what to do for next year, etc. I just told him, after explaining the results to him, we're sticking with MM! I will build in more review of math facts for him b/c mental math is H.A.R.D. for him, but I used MM2A and B alone for 9 of the 10 months we were in school! I am so proud of him!

ETA: I had to tell 'you' all b/c we don't have any close HS friends and I knew you'd celebrate with me! :)

We just received my son's test results from the IOWA and he scored a 96 percentile overall for math and I couldn't be happier!

It was one of those pull your hair out subjects for us this year and I was going to go back to Saxon...didn't know what to do for next year, etc. I just told him, after explaining the results to him, we're sticking with MM! I will build in more review of math facts for him b/c mental math is H.A.R.D. for him, but I used MM2A and B alone for 9 of the 10 months we were in school! I am so proud of him!

ETA: I had to tell 'you' all b/c we don't have any close HS friends and I knew you'd celebrate with me! :)

:party::party:

We also had gains on the ITBS with a switch to Singapore Math for my daughter, that's exciting! I'm a big fan of conceptual programs like Singapore and MM.

Good for him! That is awesome!

I'm hoping this will also be our experience with MM. It was not this year, but those darn word problems tripped us up on the ITBS. MM has plenty of good strategies for word problems, so I'm hoping some more practice will help as well.

Congratulations! We use MM for review now but we did use it a lot last year and dd made progress in math too. We're using more CLE next year though mainly because there seems to be less crying when we do CLE math.

Don't worry, CLE works, too! Dd who uses CLE got perfect scores in both math sections on her standardized test this year, and she is not naturally a math whiz.

To find a math program, whatever it is, that works for a particular dc is something to be thankful for, truly thankful.