Menu

Breakfast smoothie recipie with no soy, bananas, or powders?

Tons and tons of possibilities. You can do peaches, apples, berries, mangoes, melons, kiwi, grapes, pears,spinach, kale, yogurt,almond milk, coconut milk, chia seeds, flax seeds, mix and match any ingredients and have a blast at trying all of the different ones you come up with. Now I like banana in mine.

I do not put soy or powders in my smoothies. Just the ingredients above mixed and matched with a little chia seeds usually, a bit of ice, blend and drink.

How about just yogurt and your favorite frozen fruit?

Or yogurt, fruit and ice?

Or juice, fruit and ice?

You can also mix pineapple juice, spinach and parsley in the blender, using how much of each ingredient you like. It's good with frozen spinach, or you can serve over ice. YUM!

I do yogurt, orange juice concentrate (or just orange juice) and frozen fruit of choice. Sometimes I just do vanilla yogurt and the oj and they have dreamsicle smoothies. I also sometimes freeze these into popsicles and they can have a popsicle for breakfast. They think that is fun.

I use yogurt or ice cream as a mixer in ours--homemade coconut milk based ice cream, that is, as my youngest cannot tolerate dairy. You only need a little to give an otherwise very healthy smoothie lots of yumminess.

You can easily sneak a bit (1-2 leafs) of greens (lettuce, spinach, etc.) in as well. My kids have yet to notice. :D

I do yogurt or kefir, frozen berries, and chia seeds, usually. Sometimes, it's almond milk, berries & chia. We keep chia seeds around because they're lower maintenance than flax (no grinding, shelf stable, better nutritional profile). If you let it sit, the chia makes whatever drink nice and thick.

Target sells large bag of frozen fruit for a reasonable price. I usually use a cup of frozen fruit, a cup of organic yogurt, a cup of skim milk and blend for a minute or two so the texture is to what I like. If I am going to run shortly afterwards I'll add some peanutbutter. (this makes 2-3 smoothies depending which child is wanting some)

I just started making one that is a small can of pineapple juice (you could use water or other juice I'm sure) 5 chucks frozen pineapple, 5 chunks frozen mango, a few frozen strawberries and 2 handfuls of baby spinich. Blend until smooth. It looks like liquified grass but tastes great.

I buy a bag of frozen fruit at Sams (peaches, pineapple, strawberries) or my husband prefers one that is all berries.

This morning I made a smoothie with a handful of the fruit, no ice necessary since the fruit is frozen, rice milk, a drizzle of local honey, and a few hunks of carrots, zucchini and yellow squash. It was YUM! I usually throw in a handful of baby spinach as well, but was out today. Nothing like getting all those servings of veggies in a tasty way!