Menu

If you would please pray Grayson and I make it 11 more days

I went for my regular 35 week check up on Wednesday. I go every week now. I had been feeling sick having irregular contractions. I am dilated to a 2, 60% effaced, and -2 stations. I am planning on having him at the birth center but I have to make it to the 21st or I will have to go to the hospital. Most of all please pray that he continues to stay healthy. I have been so sick the past couple of nights. I just want him to stay in so he will be healthy and ready. My 2nd child Jackson was born at 35 weeks. Thanks so much!

First off- I LOVE your boys' names. I like those that aren't the common ones. We have Morgan, Cameron, Austin and Carson

Second- I will be praying for you. I hope you can be at peace and rest. I also hope the sickness will subside. That's yucky, I know.

I look forward to hearing about a cute little boy. :)

I went for my regular 35 week check up on Wednesday. I go every week now. I had been feeling sick having irregular contractions. I am dilated to a 2, 60% effaced, and -2 stations. I am planning on having him at the birth center but I have to make it to the 21st or I will have to go to the hospital. Most of all please pray that he continues to stay healthy. I have been so sick the past couple of nights. I just want him to stay in so he will be healthy and ready. My 2nd child Jackson was born at 35 weeks. Thanks so much!

Susan -- Praying mightily! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I went for my regular 35 week check up on Wednesday. I go every week now. I had been feeling sick having irregular contractions. I am dilated to a 2, 60% effaced, and -2 stations.

Susan,

Do you really need internal exams until you're in FULL labor (if at all)?

Cervical exams are not predictive of the number of hours/days/weeks until birth and research that indicates that the more internal exams you have, the higher the risk of infection (for you and for baby) during labor/birth. They can get most (all?) of the information they need by visualizing the cervix. With a history of preterm deliveries, I'd ask the provider what the risks and benefits of checking the cervix really are.

Lisa

Praying.:grouphug: Both my dc were born at 35 weeks, and thankfully, neither were in NICU, and went home in 2 days! I do so hope for you that you get the birth experience you desire at the birthing center. I do not have fond memories of hospital births, but the second was so much better, because I knew what I wanted, and asked for it. (No monitor belts, no internal monitoring.)

One time my childbirth instructor told about having a similar situation. She and the doctor were so certain that the baby would come early that she had her mom come so she would be there to help with the younger kids.

The baby was overdue.

Praying for you and your baby.