Menu

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is an old post. It was started back in May.

Its not about being politically correct. Its about living God's two most important commandments, to Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind and soul , and to love your neighbor as yourself. Those are the two greatest commandments that God has given us human beings.

Spreading false truths and hate about other religions definitely is not following that commandment. We are all God's children and we can all learn from each other. How we worship is personal, only God knows the way.

Since when did "standing up for what you believe in" become a universal character strength? I've heard that a lot lately, but it's ALL coming from people who are promoting HATE and LIES--not any GOSPEL at. all.

Hitler stood up for what he believed in, despite "the rest of society." Let's see...Stalin. Who else?

I'm sure there are people who admire these "men" for their fortitude and faithfulness to their cause. In some cases, though, I see "standing up for what you believe in despite the rest of society" as the most debased form of arrogance known to man.

:iagree:

Awesome post Aubrey. :D

Um, atheists. You forgot the atheists. :( ;)

I've never actually seen a Chick Tract in person, but I know we atheists are among the most evil people ever to walk the earth.

You're lying! I went and married one thinking I'd be getting some smokin' hot bad boy. Turns out he's a decent and loving man. Never barbecued a kitten in his life darn it.

I should sue you all for false advertising. :glare:

We've been assimilated! :spam: Not sure if I should be happy about that or not. Being wierd has it's perks. :D

(okay, I realize the SPAM guy doesn't exactly "fit" here, but his posture and the proud look on his face does, I think. :tongue_smilie:)

We desperately need a Borg smiley.:001_smile:

I did hand-sew a new panel onto a couch cushion that was leaking feathers today. I've never done such a thing before but, darn it all, I did a surprisingly neat job :D

Bill

Being able to repair damaged furniture is very manly. :tongue_smilie:

Being able to repair damaged furniture is very manly. :tongue_smilie:

That's true. But I'm having a difficult time time calling hand-sewing cushion panels "damaged furniture repair."

But I like the idea :D

Bill (who has a very sore index-finger, and now realizes why they invented thimbles :tongue_smilie:)

That's true. But I'm having a difficult time time calling hand-sewing cushion panels "damaged furniture repair."

But I like the idea :D

Bill (who has a very sore index-finger, and now realizes why they invented thimbles :tongue_smilie:)

If nothing else you are well-rounded. ;)

And let's not turn that in to fat jokes. :lol:

I always end up grouping you guys in my mind as part of "the wrong Christians."

You know, that is a term that could catch on...and I know exactly what your mind is doing, 'cause I do something similar.

But the big question, is this: Is Ortholicipalicanian - West Coast synod part the Wrong Christian group? :confused: :D

You know, that is a term that could catch on...and I know exactly what your mind is doing, 'cause I do something similar.

But the big question, is this: Is Ortholicipalicanian - West Coast synod part the Wrong Christian group? :confused: :D

It's part of the Other group. You know there always has to be an "Other" category :D

So there are the "Right Kind of Christians", the "Wrong Kind of Christians", and the "Other Kind of Christians".

Yeah, this is an old post. It was started back in May.

Its not about being politically correct. Its about living God's two most important commandments, to Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind and soul , and to love your neighbor as yourself. Those are the two greatest commandments that God has given us human beings.

Spreading false truths and hate about other religions definitely is not following that commandment. We are all God's children and we can all learn from each other. How we worship is personal, only God knows the way.

:iagree:

You're lying! I went and married one thinking I'd be getting some smokin' hot bad boy. Turns out he's a decent and loving man. Never barbecued a kitten in his life darn it.

I should sue you all for false advertising. :glare:

:lol::lol:

:grouphug:

You forgot Daleks. They would be of the Other Other group. awake.gif

EXTERMINATE!!!!

I'll shout it proudly. "I am the wrong kind of Christian."

(You know, the kind your momma warned you about! ;))

Done.:001_smile:

(Should I not group Witches with Pagans?)

No. Not all Witches are Pagans and not all Pagans are Witches. Besides, Pagans Witches are "the wrong kind of Witches" anyway. ;) :lol:

No. Not all Witches are Pagans and not all Pagans are Witches. Besides, Pagans Witches are "the wrong kind of Witches" anyway. ;) :lol:

Oh my! So which camp are you in? Perhaps all the "Wrongs" can sit together? I sure hope you are Wrong, 'cause I think you'd be fun.

Oh my! So which camp are you in? Perhaps all the "Wrongs" can sit together? I sure hope you are Wrong, 'cause I think you'd be fun.

We can definitely sit together. IMO, I'm the right kind of Witch:tongue_smilie:, but quite obviously the wrong kind of everything else!! :lol:

Hey there now! I'm destined to be on the wrong side of everything, it seems! (Not that it isn't a nice place to be.) Well... at least I can say I'm not a fluffy bunny. :lol:

This thread is what I get for having middle aged hormonally induced insomnia.:tongue_smilie:

(BTW, the Catholic tract scared the h3!! out of me, and I'm not now, nor have I ever been, Catholic. The tract made the pope appear to be demonic...in addition to looking like a character on the Simpsons. What's up with that???)

I really need to go back to bed...

They've been mentioned a few times lately, so I googled last night, & found that I was very familiar w/ these. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen anything else. They were prolific at most of the churches I've ever been to, esp the Churches of Christ in which I grew up.

My husband is a preacher in the church of Christ. We have visited many different congregations in Texas and a few outside the state, I have never seen these tracts. I just got done looking at them on the website and I do not agree with what they say. Even the plan of salvation at the end of the tract goes against what the Bible teaches. I do not see why any congregation would put these anywhere for people, especially children, to read. They are truly disturbing.

Aubrey, I am sorry that you had such a bad experience growing up with these tract.

Oh my gosh, I love you! I don't think I know anyone else who would throw out a reference to Alice's Restaurant. All those with hairy eyeballs unite!! :lol:

Thank you! I was afraid I was going to be hopelessly out of date with that one and no one would get it. :)

Thank you! I was afraid I was going to be hopelessly out of date with that one and no one would get it. :)

It took me about 20 minutes. And I was one who used to tune in for the annual broadcast of it around Easter (!) on a Phila. radio station. (WIOQ for those who might remember).

What was bogging me down was that years ago I worked in broadcasting, and Westinghouse was frequently referred to as Group W. Which also made your post funny. But I was pretty sure you didn't know I worked in broadcast....and the ARLO finally hit me.

Edited by nono

Well, we could get ourselves a red VW microbus loaded up with rakes and shovels and implements of destruction, head off to the city dump and be hopelessly out of date together! Because if this makes us out of date, then I don't want to be current. :lol: (I have some seriously fond memories of this song and have been having a blast singing along in my head all afternoon!)

It took me about 20 minutes. And I was one who used to tune in for the annual broadcast of it around Easter (!) on a Phila. radio station. (WIOQ for those who might remember).

What was bogging me down was that years ago I worked in broadcasting, and Westinghouse was frequently referred to as Group W. Which also made your post funny. But I was pretty sure you didn't know I worked in broadcast....and the ARLO finally hit me.

Easter rather than Thanksgiving? Okay....