Menu

Picture Study Portfolios

Donna T.

I just thought I'd share info. about Simply Charlotte Mason's new Picture Study Portfolios. I just ordered the full set. I haven't had them in hand yet but wanted to go ahead and share because they really do look like excellent resources. I know in the past that they have offered products that sold out and then they didn't reprint any more for some time. I thought someone else may be interested in getting these for next year. I have always hoped to find a similiar resource and am really excited about these.

http://simplycharlottemason.com/books/picture-study-portfolios/

They do look amazing!!

I'm thinking of getting the digital edition and having my mom print the pictures for me. She owns a photoshop and has the ability to print 8x10's. I need to make sure that the digital edition pictures are sent as jog's.

I spotted them last night and was debating e-version or hard version. I like that hard version gives you the prints, but I figure shipping will take forever.

Why do you think the shipping will take forever? Have you ordered from this company before? Just wondering before I order.

Why do you think the shipping will take forever? Have you ordered from this company before? Just wondering before I order.

She's in Australia!!

I've ordered from SCM before and had very quick shipping.

Koalomum - if you get the digital version and the pic's are jpg's you can have them printed at your local photo store. That way you get quick shipping *and* real prints!!

I thought the price was very reasonable. I paid extra for the expedited shipping, something I rarely do, but I had the extra in my pay pal account and am very eager to get them. My receipt said they would ship in 3 to 5 days. Someone said she is in Australia??? Do you mean she is visiting Australia? I think she is from Georgia and I'm pretty sure the items ship from Georgia.

I thought the price was very reasonable. I paid extra for the expedited shipping, something I rarely do, but I had the extra in my pay pal account and am very eager to get them. My receipt said they would ship in 3 to 5 days. Someone said she is in Australia??? Do you mean she is visiting Australia? I think she is from Georgia and I'm pretty sure the items ship from Georgia.

No, the poster who is worried about how long it will take to ship is in Australia. :)

Man, those look nice but seem pricey to me, I would love to have it done and ready though. Isn't it planned that one artist be covered per term, right? 3 terms per year, or am I confusing different schedules.

SCM recommends six artists per year, scheduling about six weeks per artist.

I just received my Portfolios today. They are beautiful. The prints are on heavy paper-good for passing around and being handled. The guide is great-it starts with an article about Picture Study (why do it) and then HOW to do it. There is a biographical story about the artist, a bibliography for further reading, and then notes for each painting. I'm very excited to get started.

Jennifer

I received mine today also!! I purchased all three sets and each one is just beautiful. I am so pleased with them. The prints are prettier than I thought they would be. I love the glossy paper and the colors are very vibrant and fresh looking.

These look amazing! Thanks for sharing. I'm torn between ordering the print version, or the e-version which would allow me to print a copy for each child and myself to study. Wondering if anyone can share about what kind of results they got with printing out the e-version? Were the pictures printed at home, or elsewhere and at what cost?

• 2 weeks later...

I received my portfolios today and they are AWESOME! I honestly was not expecting them to be as good as they are!

I ordered two portfolios - Velazquez and Rembrandt. I didn't order the Giotto one because religious art kinda freaks me out.

The handbook that comes with each artist is put together very well and I am looking forward to using this with my dc.

hannahptl - I ordered the print version and I am glad I did because the print quality is very good and the print isn't laminated but is on a very durable-feeling coated cardstock. I know myself and I would not have spent the time and energy needed to get the pictures printed out as nicely as these are, but that is just me. :)