Menu

Joplin protest planned by ......

....you guessed it Westb*** Here's a link to the article on a news site. http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=461407

Normally I try to ignore these idiots, but wanted to share this in case those in the area want to plan their counter protest.

I am beyond livid. I can not believe the audacity of these people. I doubt Joplin will take kindly to this absurdity. I can feel my blood pressure rising as I type this.

eta: I edited the name to avoid showing up in searches.

Edited by elegantlion

We're going down there on Sunday to see what counter-protests we can find. These people are just seriously demented. And greedy. I swear, their evil knows no bounds.

Have you heard about the anti-Westboro fundraisers? Some communities have had counter-protests which raise thousands of dollars. The money is donated to organizations like the Holocaust Museum and LGBT groups. Then they send thank you cards to WBC explaining how much money they raised and who benefited. :lol:

I think it's brilliant.

Just heard this on KLove, and I'm appalled. Absolutely DISGUSTING! I don't know how this type of behavior does not fall under a hate crime... I know it's been tried in court, but I still do not get it.

You should know that it is Westmoron's habit to claim they are going to protest at such-and-such a place or event, with no intention of actually showing up there. They do it for the publicity and so that, if local officials try to do something to stop them, they can line up a lawsuit. They make their money suing people who try to stop them from protesting. They don't have to actually show up to protest in order to do that.

The media is just helping them with free PR by publicizing this for them. Don't play along. That's what those nutters want.

Oh, my! I'm afraid they are going to keep on until someone actually attacks them. The people in Joplin are probably mostly in shock; I can't imagine how they would take this sort of intrusion/insult....

someone suggested on facebook to hand them gloves and tell them to make themselves useful.

Maybe take packages of gloves to the protest. :glare:

You should know that it is Westmoron's habit to claim they are going to protest at such-and-such a place or event, with no intention of actually showing up there. They do it for the publicity and so that, if local officials try to do something to stop them, they can line up a lawsuit. They make their money suing people who try to stop them from protesting. They don't have to actually show up to protest in order to do that.

The media is just helping them with free PR by publicizing this for them. Don't play along. That's what those nutters want.

f******:confused:

:iagree:

They are just media whores. We need to ignore them.

Guest Dulcimeramy

I didn't know they don't always show up anymore for their righteous crusades. How incredibly angering these people are, in every way. Furious!

I didn't know they don't always show up anymore for their righteous crusades. How incredibly angering these people are, in every way. Furious!

They have done it on several occassions. The most recent and notable incidence I can recall off-hand was when they threatened to show to protest the funerals of those who were shot along with Sen. Giffords.

I would like to think they won't show up..... but, this would only be about a 3.5 hour drive for them and if the President is going to be there, lots of press coverage.:glare:

Evil, Evil, Hateful people.

I would like to think they won't show up..... but, this would only be about a 3.5 hour drive for them and if the President is going to be there, lots of press coverage.:glare:

Evil, Evil, Hateful people.

One can hope.

Or.... I just a thought... if they did show up, since the President is going to be there, the security would be jacked up big time, right? Wouldn't security set up a perimeter, and wouldn't they be able to make sure any undesirables were located far, far away from any media attention?

Have you heard about the anti-Westboro fundraisers? Some communities have had counter-protests which raise thousands of dollars. The money is donated to organizations like the Holocaust Museum and LGBT groups. Then they send thank you cards to WBC explaining how much money they raised and who benefited. :lol:

I think it's brilliant.

I haven't, but that's outstanding!!! :lol:

I think it's brilliant.

Definitely brilliant. :D

I would love to go, but most likely won't.

I think Joplin is raw enough emotionally that it might not be pretty.

I was thinking that, too. :glare:

One can hope.

Or.... I just a thought... if they did show up, since the President is going to be there, the security would be jacked up big time, right? Wouldn't security set up a perimeter, and wouldn't they be able to make sure any undesirables were located far, far away from any media attention?

I hope that's the case....

You know....this really angers me. And we wonder why "Christians" are hated by so many?

It is because of people like this!

Jesus would hold Joplin in the palm of his hands......even its homeless, drug addicted, gay, disabled, mentally ill, etc. I feel sorry that these protesters do not know the Jesus I know. My Lord would even hold them, in their dispicable state, in His hands.

That is what Christianity is all about.

"Whatever you do unto all the least of thee, you have done unto Me." In the Bible somewhere :)

You know....this really angers me. And we wonder why "Christians" are hated by so many?

It is because of people like this!

Jesus would hold Joplin in the palm of his hands......even its homeless, drug addicted, gay, disabled, mentally ill, etc. I feel sorry that these protesters do not know the Jesus I know. My Lord would even hold them, in their dispicable state, in His hands.

That is what Christianity is all about.

"Whatever you do unto all the least of thee, you have done unto Me." In the Bible somewhere :)

Matthew 25:40-45.

And I would wager 99.9% of non-Christians know that Westboners are not what Christianity is all about.

Thanks and I hope so.

I am a smiggin embarrassed you knew that Scripture and I did not. :D

Well, I did have to go back and edit. ;) I'm pretty sure the whole thing is verses 40-45. It's a fave of mine.

The path is long that we walk. Where I am now is not where I started. :)

Guest Dulcimeramy
Matthew 25:40-45.

And I would wager 99.9% of non-Christians know that Westboners are not what Christianity is all about.

True, I think we do. And thanks for that moniker, there! At least now we know what to call them!

(or was that a typo? :lol: )

I tried to :auto: but I just can't. What makes these people "despicable"? :confused:

Right that!

What I don't understand is what these folks are about. Are they simply cynical people looking to make money off lawsuits by being hateful, but not really believing what they are spouting? Or is there something sincere in their (however twisted it might be) belief system? This I don't know.

Bill

Right that!

What I don't understand is what these folks are about. Are they simply cynical people looking to make money off lawsuits by being hateful, but not really believing what they are spouting? Or is there something sincere in their (however twisted it might be) belief system? This I don't know.

Bill

Me either.

Anyone who wants to know more about WBC should watch "Fall From Grace" - it's free on Netflix instant play.

I watched it. That "church" is pure evil. I can't even say everything I want to say about it on this public forum. :glare: Evil. And they are brainwashing their children/grandchildren. You should hear them in the interviews.

I can't believe those people are still out there, hurting everyone in their path.

They've got pure evil standing over them at all times.