Menu

Why didn't y'all tell me about these?

I just discovered Spanx!! Oh my gosh....I love love love them.

Why hasn't anyone told me about this before???

I can't believe I went for years without having these........good-bye muffin top and hello to my pre-pregnancy jeans. I am in love.....

I just wish they weren't so expensive.

They are wonderful, aren't they? The key to longevity with them is to rotate them and not wear the same ones 2 days in a row. In general, I treat them like I treat bras -- 1 to wear, 1 to wash, 1 in reserve and 1 for special occasions. Always hand wash them and lay flat to dry.

Taking special care of them makes them last longer which, to me, justifies the expense of them.

I have a pair but I don't love them. They do work so i wear them on special occasions. But they are so uncomfortable. Am I missing something?

:iagree:

They are just SO uncomfortable and HOT!!! I wear mine for special occasions, but that's it!

And, how do you keep the top from rolling down? Mine come nearly up to my bra line, but by the end of the night, they've rolled down to my waist. What am I doing wrong?

They are just SO uncomfortable and HOT!!! I wear mine for special occasions, but that's it!

And, how do you keep the top from rolling down? Mine come nearly up to my bra line, but by the end of the night, they've rolled down to my waist. What am I doing wrong?

I would like to know this, too. Do I need a smaller size? I can barely get into the ones I have and yet they roll down. :confused:

I would like to know this, too. Do I need a smaller size? I can barely get into the ones I have and yet they roll down. :confused:

No you need a bigger size. If the top is rolling down it's because they are too small. I got mine off the shopping channel and during the demo, they clearly stated that the rolling is because people buy them too small thinking they are going to get more control, when the opposite is true. You get rolling, so you get less waist control because of that.

I have several of the Target cami shapers and I love them! I wear them under just about every shirt I have. Over the past 9 months I have lost over 40lbs and even though I am thin now, I still have a muffin-top when I wear jeans. If I tuck in the cami I am smooth- no bulges...big confidence builder for me! I am tempted to purchase the name-brand shapers, but I hate to spend the money. Can anyone compare the different brands?

Buy the one piece - sorta like a bathing suit but you can wear your own bra. I did buy the one you are talking about and it just wasn't comfy but these ones piece things are awesome.

When I wear this - its as though I never had kids :) The flabby tummy & mini love handles just seems to disappear.

And no I have don't have any connections to this brand/line - I'm just a super happy customer who clearly wishes she had discovered them years ago!!!

Buy the one piece - sorta like a bathing suit but you can wear your own bra. I did buy the one you are talking about and it just wasn't comfy but these ones piece things are awesome.

When I wear this - its as though I never had kids :) The flabby tummy & mini love handles just seems to disappear.

And no I have don't have any connections to this brand/line - I'm just a super happy customer who clearly wishes she had discovered them years ago!!!

Do you have to peel the whole thing off to go to the bathroom? I had one that had straps that attached to my bra- I rarely wore because it was a pain to take off.

Do you have to peel the whole thing off to go to the bathroom? I had one that had straps that attached to my bra- I rarely wore because it was a pain to take off.

No. There is a handy-dandy opening for just that purpose.

Are Spanx the modern version of girdles and corsets?

Yup.

I think the material is not as restrictive? But as a former wearer of the old fashioned girdles -- part of me is nervous wearing them in Summer. I think of yeast infections, if one can be honest. Yikes!

Could you give us a link to this? I've been looking on their site and I'm not sure which one you're talking about. TIA.

Ha - ha - ha. Are you saying that I have a fat head and bulbous eyes? :toetap05: No - don't answer that. You've seen pictures of me:D

So ... your "weird places" are all in your head? I knew it, I just knew it!

Edited by RoughCollie

May I be the one dissenter who hates them? I ended up taking mine back. They just pushed all my fat to weird places - I looked very strange!

I haven't worn them, but I have friends and sisters-in-law who love them. Their bodies do look odd when they wear them, though. The material seems to equalize the fat spots with the thinner spots and they look a little like, well, a sausage.

I have several of the Target cami shapers and I love them! I wear them under just about every shirt I have. Over the past 9 months I have lost over 40lbs and even though I am thin now, I still have a muffin-top when I wear jeans. If I tuck in the cami I am smooth- no bulges...big confidence builder for me! I am tempted to purchase the name-brand shapers, but I hate to spend the money. Can anyone compare the different brands?

I have never worn spanx, but Mattie Roberts recommends the L'eggs version:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MattieRobertsShow#p/u/30/abK82eiD5Zc

I've never heard of them before. I *HATE* my muffin top. I had HUGE boys and tore the ligaments supporting my uterus. I've been told the only way to get my stomach back is surgery. No thanks.

I *HATE* the new styles of jeans. I want a higher top jean. They're almost impossible to find! When I *do* find them, the cut is SO unflattering. I *HATE* having to find tops long enough for me (I'm very tall) so that my underwear don't show when I bend over or sit down.

And speaking of underwear,WHY THE HECK do people wear thongs? Maybe I'm dating myself but NO THANKS. I'll keep the floss out of my butt!!!

I think it's ridiculous that I have to wear Spanx so that I don't have a bulge over my waistline. Even skinny people oftentimes have the bulge with the new style of jeans.

Well, then who are those children following you around calling you Mum? :lol: