Menu

What movies have you purchased?

Now that we have Netflix and Redbox, we rarely purchase movies. However, I am thinking that I would like some on my ipad for vacation or in the car, etc.....

What movies are so good (adult and children's) that you would purchase them and watch them more than once.

Dawn

I purchase any movie I really love. Or ones the kids request. We have a large dvd/blu ray/digital library. Now recently I have been buying the combo packs that have the blu ray, dvd and digital copy. They are only a few more dollars and this way it is easier to put on the kids ipods and such.

Now I use Netflix and Redbox to preview the movies before I buy.

There are combo packs and you can put it on your ipods and ipads too???

Tell me more!

Where do you get these? Can you put it on more than one device? I woud assume so, since you could put it on your computer in your itunes and then load and unload it to your ipad????

We are going on vacation here soon, so I would love to get these. I now have an ipad and ipod touch, plus we have blu-ray at home but a DVD player in the car....this would be perfect.

THANKS!

Dawn

I purchase any movie I really love. Or ones the kids request. We have a large dvd/blu ray/digital library. Now recently I have been buying the combo packs that have the blu ray, dvd and digital copy. They are only a few more dollars and this way it is easier to put on the kids ipods and such.

Now I use Netflix and Redbox to preview the movies before I buy.

I won't give you my own list, because my taste in movies is… more than a little out of style. Examples: The Goonies, The Breakfast Club, Labyrinth, Top Gun…. See what I mean? :p

I'm just posting because I asked dd14 for any 'kid' suggestions and she says that you need "all of the Harry Potter movies". :thumbup1:

I would like the whole collection! I think we have only one right now.

Dawn

I won't give you my own list, because my taste in movies is… more than a little out of style. Examples: The Goonies, The Breakfast Club, Labyrinth, Top Gun…. See what I mean? :p

I'm just posting because I asked dd14 for any 'kid' suggestions and she says that you need "all of the Harry Potter movies". :thumbup1:

We have bookcases full of movies. Harry Potter, LoTR, Firefly series, LOST series, Jeeves and Wooster, Narnia movies, Bourne, Jurassic Park I, II, III. Sean of the Dead, Hot Fuzz. JAWS. Thirteenth Warrior, Hidalgo, Master and Commander, The Forgotten, all the M. Night Shymalan movies, all the Tremors movies, Band of Brothers,

Enchanted, anything Pixar, Stardust, SkyHigh.......just the tip of the iceberg, shall I go on?

Various members of the family have gotten...

some of the HP movies

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Inception

The Painted Veil

Bridget Jones's Diary

some of the Star Wars series

Star Trek (the movie that came out a year or so ago)

Wall-E

Up

The A-Team (the movie that came out a year or so ago)

Robin Hood (" ")

Iron Man (the first one)

Prince of Persia

Looney Tunes collection

Whose Line Is It Anyway? ('Best Of' collection)

Lord of the Rings series

And some others I can't think of right now...

Now that we have Netflix and Redbox, we rarely purchase movies. However, I am thinking that I would like some on my ipad for vacation or in the car, etc.....

What movies are so good (adult and children's) that you would purchase them and watch them more than once.

Dawn

For my children, we purchase anything that is only available on European market such as Roman Mysteries, Enid Blyton's Famous Five box set and movies, Box of Delights and others. They really enjoy these. Son also loves all things military and historical (he is unique ;) )

For me: Jeeves and Wooster, Austen collection

For husband: Monty Python (a must own for him), IT Crowd, etc..

We have quite a DVD collection - but most are old.

Some of my favs, and my kids favs are

Wizard of Oz

Grease

Cars

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

High School Musical

Little House on the Prairie series

American Girl movies

Monster House

Lord of the Rings

Old Scooby Do

Edited by Sandsam
Added another

Oh, I want some Enid Blyton! She was my favorite author growing up. I read every single Secret Seven book ever, not to mention every Noddy book ever. I still have a lot of them.

Can I find it in the US?

Dawn

For my children, we purchase anything that is only available on European market such as Roman Mysteries, Enid Blyton's Famous Five box set and movies, Box of Delights and others. They really enjoy these. Son also loves all things military and historical (he is unique ;) )

For me: Jeeves and Wooster, Austen collection

For husband: Monty Python (a must own for him), IT Crowd, etc..

I buy them at walmart and amazon. You can get them almost anywhere.

Yes you can put them on any device. You insert the disk into your computer, then put in your access code it comes with. I open it through itunes and it can be downloaded to your ipods, ipads and iphones.

There are combo packs and you can put it on your ipods and ipads too???

Tell me more!

Where do you get these? Can you put it on more than one device? I woud assume so, since you could put it on your computer in your itunes and then load and unload it to your ipad????

We are going on vacation here soon, so I would love to get these. I now have an ipad and ipod touch, plus we have blu-ray at home but a DVD player in the car....this would be perfect.

THANKS!

Dawn

We have the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars (all six), Jason Bourne trilogy, an assortment of Planet Earth dvds, many Disney movies (including all the Toy Story ones), The Matrix trilogy, The Notebook, and The Blind Side. We're not big movie purchasers unless it's kids' movies or ones that my dh must have (LOTR, SW, and Bourne).

Oh, I want some Enid Blyton! She was my favorite author growing up. I read every single Secret Seven book ever, not to mention every Noddy book ever. I still have a lot of them.

Can I find it in the US?

Dawn

The only place I could find them was Amazon UK. They are really well done. They are here on their site. You might check ebay too.

I need some in NTSC!

My parents have a PAL player but they left it in Africa.

I will have to look.

Dawn

The only place I could find them was Amazon UK. They are really well done. They are here on their site. You might check ebay too.

Lots and most of the ones already mentioned here, so I won't mention them again.

Two boxed sets that we really and truly love are:

a-e-romance-collection-special-edition-dvd-set_5633329_175.jpg

A&E Romance Collection :thumbup: :thumbup:

and

kam_7up_1007.jpg

The Up Series - British documentary

but this one, is not as great as the A&E Romance Collection, but really enjoyable nonetheless.

We also have most of the Little House series. We don't really care for the books, but we love the TV series.

Edited by Negin in Grenada

We buy the absolute favorites that the kids would want to watch over and over again but will be on the new list for a while and therefore possible wait times.

We just purchased "The King's Speech". We also bought "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and "Nanny McPhee Returns".

Faith

I don't think "The Scarlet Pimpernel" with Jane Seymour has been mentioned. It is a family favorite (older kids). All the new sons-in-law get forced to watch it and they all think we are nuts! Great movie.

Susie in SWVA

The Scarlet Pimpernel is one of my favorites :), but I have to say that I far prefer the version in the boxed A&E/BBC Romance Collection that I linked earlier. For me, pretty much anything by the BBC is superb. :thumbup:

we Harry Potter series and LOTR.

There are a lot of movies I like, but few I watch more than once. Of the ones I watch more than once I tend towards "sports inspirational": Remember the Titans, We are Marshal, Glory Road, Pride, Swimming Upstream, etc. I think this is a genre that most can enjoy as a family (not my family though, dh hates sports).