Menu

Star Wars-Themed Snack Ideas?

Hi all,

Of COURSE this is the place I'd go to ask for a friend---

If you were hosting a gaggle of nephews for a Star-Wars-athon movie night, what super-cool themed snacks would you serve? I thought of pretzel rods as light sabers, but that's all I can come up with!

Please help!

astrid

Any light saber food items WILL be used as such, so beware ;-) you will have lots of broken pretzels underfoot.

Cookies can be Wooky Cookies. better still, make those haystack things with melted chocolate chips and chow mein noodles - Wookie Hair.

Chex mix or whatever can be Vader Chow

Green pop or juice drink can be Dagobath Broth or Jabba Juice

cinnamom buns or honey buns - Leia's Curls ;-)

My sister made "May the 4th Be With You" cupcakes. They featured the faces of C3PO, a stormtrooper and chewbacca; she also made death star cupcakes.

In general, it's like a Halloween or Harry Potter party. You make food and rename it. So, instead of hot wings you might have cave bat wings. Instead of chicken strips you have womp rat strips. You have a Mos Eisley Cantina sign over the beverage station-serve brightly colored drinks. Instead of doing a big punch you could do bright green individual lime sherbet floats.

Ahhhhhh!!! Someone made a Boba Fett quiche! BWAHAHAHA! That is awesome.

Yoda pizza

Death Star Melons

Gungan (tuna salad) and Roast Bantha (roast beef) sandwiches

Our library had a Star Wars cookbook. It is probably out of print now, but it is worth a look. It included some very cute ideas.

I also made the cookies from the Williams-Sonoma cookie cutters. They cut the cookie into the shape and include a presser-thingy to imprint the features onto the cookie. The W-S website shows them all frosted up by professionals. I knew there was no way I was going to do that, so I served them plain. They were relatively easy for a roll-out cookie, yummy (I used the recipe that came with them) and perfectly recognizable without frosting.

We also had a Star Wars-themed cake from Publix and the SW fruit snacks someone mentioned.

Terri

P.S. I do NOT recommend W-S's Star Wars pancake molds. What a mess!

I have the pancake molds and they work great! I have the Yoda/Darth Vader/stormtrooper set. I think there is another set, but I haven't tried that one. I also have the pancake mold filler bottle thing. That makes it quite a bit easier. When I get back to my computer I can post photos of our pancakes.

We just made Boonta waffles this morning from the Star Wars Cookbook II that we got from the library. There is also Star Wars Cookbook and Star Wars Party Book. We got all of them at the library. The party book has party themes with games, decorations and snacks. One is specifically for a movie marathon. Most of the stuff seems pretty doable. We are making the Darth Maul dip for tonight.

We had a Star Wars movie marathon on New Years. It was fun. I think the novelty is just making regular food and calling it something else.

Here was our menu (from the top of my head):

Darth Maul Dip (made with pimentos and cream cheese) with Fritos

Wookie Cookies

Tuscan Raider Taters (mashed potatoes w/ dash of soy sauce for color)

Han-Burgers (lol!)

Death Star Popcorn Balls (popcorn balls)

Yoda Soda (lime soda with sherbert)

We thought about having Bobo-Fettuccine, but it was too much food.

Pretzel rod light sabers is a great idea! Wish we would've thought of that :)

Have fun!

We had a Star Wars movie marathon on New Years. It was fun. I think the novelty is just making regular food and calling it something else.

Here was our menu (from the top of my head):

Darth Maul Dip (made with pimentos and cream cheese) with Fritos

Wookie Cookies

Tuscan Raider Taters (mashed potatoes w/ dash of soy sauce for color)

Han-Burgers (lol!)

Death Star Popcorn Balls (popcorn balls)

Yoda Soda (lime soda with sherbert)

We thought about having Bobo-Fettuccine, but it was too much food.

Pretzel rod light sabers is a great idea! Wish we would've thought of that :)

Have fun!

We do this pretty much every year, too. ;) My kids wear their Star Wars aprons from Williams-Sonoma while they're fixing the Star Wars snacks from their Star Wars cookbook.:lol:

One year, I made DS a "Mustafar" cake. It was basically a sheet cake with orange and red frosting and Anakin and Obi-Wan action figures on top. Another year, I made Darth Vader's head. That was a sheet cake trimmed to shape and decorated with dark gray frosting with the "mask" details.

Okay, apparently we do a lot of Star Wars around here!

• 1 month later...

At my son's recent Star Wars party, we dipped the pretzel rods into melted white chocolate and rolled in colored sprinkles for lightsabers, some were green, some red. the kids scarfed them down so fast I couldn't even get one. So maybe no worries of the kids using them as weapons instead of eating them!

We also had "Yoda soda" using these. Frankly, they were a bit sweet for my taste.

One of the favorite things was my son's birthday cake--one side was chocolate cake with chocolate icing; the other was white with white icing. Partygoers had to choose whether they wanted the dark side or the light side. You could do that with cupcakes or something similar. I also considered serving black and white cookies, which I could have bought at a deli in town.

I would try to find the cookbooks too. My husband has a couple of them, including the party book. More people seem to have the books than you'd think. (Or at least more than I would expect.)

edited to add:

This looks like a thread from a couple months ago. What did you end up doing?