Menu

How long is your Amazon Wish List? Can you top me?

I have 19 pages on my Amazon Wish List. :001_huh:

I have 38 wishlists categories, only one of which is for me. :D That one has 94 items. The main list has 457 items, and the others probably combine to at least that many. These are not all books we'd like to own; for example, some lists contain reminders for library books I'd like to check out for specific topics down the road.

I have 38 wishlists categories, only one of which is for me. :D That one has 94 items. The main list has 457 items, and the others probably combine to at least that many. These are not all books we'd like to own; for example, some lists contain reminders for library books I'd like to check out for specific topics down the road.

DING DING DING DING.

I think we have a WINNER!!!

DING DING DING DING.

I think we have a WINNER!!!

I've never heard it put that way before.:tongue_smilie: Still, I'm going to hold off on that victory lap...

Mine's only 9 pages... I only add books that I plan on buying one day and I seem to purchase the books from my wish list faster than I add them on. :o I don't have Prime so I buy them $25 at a time but I guess it all adds up really fast, doesn't it? :w00t: :leaving:

I don't have Prime so I buy them $25 at a time but I guess it all adds up really fast, doesn't it? :w00t: :leaving:

:iagree: Same thing here. Right now I want some pencil grips that cost $4.50 but S&H is $6.50! My husband told me to wait until I needed to buy something that adds up to $25. His words were "There's always something you just have to have. :rolleyes:" But there really isn't right now. So handwriting is on hold unless I can find a teaching/homeschooling store nearby...

At this time I have 10 wishlists totalling 804 items. 3 of those are not actually mine though; they belong to my kids. They are filled with toys and games my children will likely never own. One list now only has two items on it because it was the literature list for this school year and, this school year being near the end, I have bought most of this year's literature. That said, I still need to make a literature list for next school year and it will be long.

This thread is motivating me to make more lists. I just wish they would let me change the order of the items on a list.

Regarding costs - I use my BN membership to get free shipping when I want just one $5 or $6 book. Also, I get a little bit of money/gift cards from mturk and swagbucks.

I have 54 different wish lists (14 subcategories for literature, 5 for kids' books, 5 for books I want to get from the library or look otherwise look at in person before deciding to buy) with about 124 pages amongst them.

They range dramatically in length (from one page to eleven) and include book I definitely want to buy, books I want to look at, cds, dvds, movies to screen/consider, books to get from the library, household things, toys/games, audiobooks, vitamins/supplements, etc). Some of the lists include items from other sites added via Amazon's 'add to wish list' button.

I *love* having a central, easy to find (iow *not* a piece of paper!), *sorted* collection of things we're interested in... and I love having a couple of wishlists devoted to oop treasures I want to find at reasonable prices (I have a regular oop wishlist, an 'unavailable" oop list (books that are either not available or are only available at outrageous prices), and an 'avail only on other sites' oop list....)

Can you explain how you create different lists with subcats? I keep running wishlists of different things and would love to do so on Amazon but am not sure how to do it.

I currently have 22 pages. My list has gotten over 300 items, but I routinely go through and drop or purchase items and really try to keep it under 200 items, which I think would be about 20 pages. I don't know why it's my goal to have it under 200.

I have 5 different wish lists.

I buy most things except groceries from Amazon. I love the convenience, reviews, speed, and selection.

I have about 19 or more pages at least.

I have them in different categories and headings - school workbooks, science books, read-alouds, books for me, DVDs, etc. The lists keep growing. I also put notes and prioritize them. I have fun with it. :D

How can you find anything when you have that many items of your list or that many lists? I have about ten different lists and maybe one page worth of the next items I want to buy in that category on each list. I even have one list of difficult to find items with wacky ISBNs just so that I can find that item when need be. (An example of this is World History: A Human Odyssey, due to the many publishers, editions, printings, etc.) All other items (things I would like to read or buy some day) are on one of two printed lists I have; one is my library list (items available at the library that I want to read of check out before buying) or my To Buy list of items that I would like to add to my library someday. It seems that much more than that would make it more difficult to find what I am looking for, not less.

How can you find anything when you have that many items of your list or that many lists? I have about ten different lists and maybe one page worth of the next items I want to buy in that category on each list. I even have one list of difficult to find items with wacky ISBNs just so that I can find that item when need be. (An example of this is World History: A Human Odyssey, due to the many publishers, editions, printings, etc.) All other items (things I would like to read or buy some day) are on one of two printed lists I have; one is my library list (items available at the library that I want to read of check out before buying) or my To Buy list of items that I would like to add to my library someday. It seems that much more than that would make it more difficult to find what I am looking for, not less.

I have 854 books on 23 lists. 58 items in my "saved for later" cart, and 34 on my shopping list. My process is that I move things from (currently 7th grade) my wish list, where I already have things prioritized by month :tongue_smilie: to my shopping list. I move to my cart when I'm ready to purchase. The reason I have so many in my "saved for later" cart is because if I needed to order something right quick and I had moved things to my cart rather than shopping list, I have to move them out. Sometimes, I put several copies of the same used book in my cart to place the order when I'm fully awake, and I save the ones I don't buy for some reason.

I have pre-k-12th grade lists. A couple required reading lists for each stage of the trivium, and a couple lists to research, school and non-fiction. I have several gift lists and a list for myself. When your lists are fairly organized, it's easy to figure out where things are. There is overlap sometimes, but not as much as I anticipated. In fact, I sigh in relief when I add a new book and it knocks it to the front telling me I already added it. When your lists are broken up by grade it's easy to add history and science. For math, I add to the grade below from when I'll need it.

I like the idea about the difficult to find ones, though. I'm stealing it. I've actually got a few added to my shopping list to check whenever I remember, but I like this idea better..