Menu

Moderators pretty please can we have more PMs saved?

Is there any way we can have more saved messages allowed? I am on another forum that is literally the same set up as this one (same blue, same font, really looks the same) and you are allowed 500 PM's in your box! I don't have to have 500..... but 100 might be nice since I am 95% full and don't want to get rid of any! Pretty please??

Is there any way we can have more saved messages allowed? I am on another forum that is literally the same set up as this one (same blue, same font, really looks the same) and you are allowed 500 PM's in your box! I don't have to have 500..... but 100 might be nice since I am 95% full and don't want to get rid of any! Pretty please??

:iagree: I've thought of asking before, too. I save some of mine in different categories so I can reread.

:iagree:

Well, I'll be the lone dissenter! NO, please!! :001_smile:

Gosh, I have enough to manage on my desk and in my email inbox. I love being able to clear out so quickly and easily here, and feel like I've accomplished a major clean up with just a few clicks.

Out of curiostiy, why doesn't one just copy and paste the PMs one wants to save into a Word (or Works) file? It is a fairly simple job to then sort said PMs into various folders/categories.

I use evernote to save them, but I'd prefer to have more space here. When I file digital things elsewhere (other than the place they originated) I "lose" them.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but you can save all of them as different types of files. I save them as text files when I'm getting close to 50 PMs. You just click the box on the top that checkmarks all of them and then go to the drop down where you can move, delete, etc. and choose save at .txt or something like that and just save them on the computer.

I have a separate WTM folder on my laptop and I copy those to my flash drive in case my computer crashed. You can either save the sent messages separately from the inbox or save them all together by clicking the box that high lights them all in the inbox and then going to saved and clicking the box that high lights them all. They should all be highlighted (from saved and inbox) and just go to the drop down and choose to save.

It should tell you how many you are doing what to at the time so if you're trying to save both the saved messages and inbox at the same time make sure you are saving the number of PMs you have. If that makes sense.

If this was already mentioned or shot down, :leaving:

I imagine that allowing more PMs to be saved would mess with the bandwidth (but honestly, I have no idea whatsoever about that stuff.)

:D

Uh, no, I kind of imagine there's a lot of :001_huh:, :w00t:, :hurray: and :001_tt1: going on right now.

Not at all. Saving PMs as text is a pain and all the search functionality is lost.

A bigger PM box would be highly appreciated by me.

Bill

Not at all. Saving PMs as text is a pain and all the search functionality is lost.

Bill

Ohhhhhh, then I guess it should be this: :001_rolleyes:

LOL, I stand by my vote anyway, just having fun with it all ....

I ran out of space, too. But I saw at the bottom that I could save them to a text file, and I did that, and it has been fine. I have referred to the text file a couple of times, so I'm glad I could save them that way.

Just in case the answer is "no."

:iagree:

This is what I do. They're hard to search if you need to look through them later, but otherwise, it works fine.

I can't imagine deleting some of the sweet words you guys have sent. :001_smile:

Once you download your PM's as XML, you can use this application to access them on your own computer. It makes them searchable. It's actually easier to find them once they are in the Reader application than it is to find them on a forum, because you can sort them just by clicking on the column headers at the top of the PM listing. It's not perfect, but it does work.

Once you download your PM's as XML, you can use this application to access them on your own computer. It makes them searchable. It's actually easier to find them once they are in the Reader application than it is to find them on a forum, because you can sort them just by clicking on the column headers at the top of the PM listing. It's not perfect, but it does work.

No Mac version. Boo hoo.

Bill

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but you can save all of them as different types of files. I save them as text files when I'm getting close to 50 PMs. You just click the box on the top that checkmarks all of them and then go to the drop down where you can move, delete, etc. and choose save at .txt or something like that and just save them on the computer.

Thank You!

I have a clean inbox for about the first time ever!!

(In fact, I got so excited about the whole process that I moved and deleted 2 messages I was supposed to reply to, I had to look up their names and reply since I had deleted all the messages from my inbox.)

No Mac version. Boo hoo.

Bill

There is always [edit] [find] and the little spotlight thingy. I wouldn't find half my files if I didn't have spotlight. Of course, I might be a tad more organized if it wasn't so easy to find my poor unorganized, waylaid files with spotlight.

My husband made me my own page, he likes more order on his page.

I haven't read all the replies, so please forgive me if this as been suggested already... I think it would be nice to include this as a paid membership upgrade, along with some other bells and whistles. It can be a nice an income generator to help pay for site hosting costs. I've implemented similar things on a couple of vB forums (one of them quite large) and would be happy to outline the process for admin if needed. :)