Menu

Would you take this kid to gymnastics tonight?

DD8 has been through the wringer with a stomach virus the last few days. She was OK but droopy all day yesterday, and last night was the first night in 3 or 4 that she wasn't up a few times, throwing up (or otherwise). Tonight she has a trampoline and climbing class at 5:00. Would you take her, or let her sit this week out? Does it change anything to know that we haven't gone in three weeks because of the weather? (We have SO many make-ups to schedule!)

TIA!

DD8 has been through the wringer with a stomach virus the last few days. She was OK but droopy all day yesterday, and last night was the first night in 3 or 4 that she wasn't up a few times, throwing up (or otherwise). Tonight she has a trampoline and climbing class at 5:00. Would you take her, or let her sit this week out? Does it change anything to know that we haven't gone in three weeks because of the weather? (We have SO many make-ups to schedule!)

TIA!

I would skip it until she's really feeling 100% health-wise and energy-wise.

I would keep her home for her own safety and as a courtesy to the other kids. Vomiting is most often caused by viruses, which are highly contagious for days after symptoms disappear. Frequent handwashing is a huge help, of course, but gymnastics is very "hands on," someone might grab her water bottle by mistake, etc, and just I wouldn't take the chance. She hasn't been sick since last night, but she's been at home, resting - very different from going to gymnastics. The activity could easily cause her to throw up again.