Menu

I'm bored and I can't call anyone.

What is happening at your house?

Mine:

Dh is watching the game. He is eating chili that I just made (I have a bad cold and figured it was the only thing I could cook and actually taste).

DD12 is making a bird feeder out of cardboard, plastic bottles and plastic wrap.

DD4 is on day 4 of being sick, just woke up from her nap grummmmm py. She doesn't like chili and is not happy about it being for dinner.

DS16 is upstairs doing homework. He stayed at his friends all weekend and had to forfeit the SuperBowl party he was supposed to go to, to get his homework done.

I am sick. Not the flu, but just a really bad cold. I am beat from just picking up the house a bit and making a quick pot of chili. :(

Nothing too exciting here, how about you?

We're all very happy here that dh has fled to a friend's house to watch football there.

I'm helping my 17yo with her physics homework as needed. She has to submit her homework over an online homework site. It's kind of a pain because all work has to be submitted to 6 digits and all the digits that the calculator can hold have to be carried through every operation.

My 15yo is reading a book.

My 12yo is next door with a friend.

And I'm trying not to go get a snack.

Edited by AngieW in Texas

Dh is watching the Superbowl on the t.v. while he's watching something else (a movie?) on his laptop!

Ds13 was soldering his laser tag set he's making but has come out to watch the Black Eyed Peas (who I personally think sound particularly awful tonight).

Dd9 is next door watching a movie about a chihuahua with her bff.

The cat is yowling that he's hungry even though he technically is a half hour early.

The dogs are wiggling their butts at the door begging to come in.

I've announced that I'm on strike for cooking tonight but I will go put on the rice cooker in a minute so that people can find leftovers to go with it. Other than that, I'm just tired out. I really really should finish grading last week's school before this week's school starts tomorrow but I DON'T WANT TO!

I don't have the tv on today either, and dh went to our pastor's house to watch the game with a bunch of guys. I'm very happy for him, and very happy for me. Yet still, I am bored too!

I always try to do something artistic on Super Bowl Sunday because that is my passion, and I let dh enjoy his passion for sports with friends without feeling guilty. But today the sky is gray here in Oregon and I just feel very blah-zay. Can't get myself to pick up a paintbrush or a pencil for anything...

Maybe I should take a nap. :001_huh:

Lucinda

I've got drama.

I'm trying to ignore it and hoping it'll go away. Does that work for anyone here? :D (please say yes, please say yes...)

Works for me! I am ignoring several things as well - at least for today.

My head is spinning with finding a new home and selling this one and all the jazz that comes along with that. Dh is ASLEEP while the Superbowl is on. We are still getting used to our new arrangements and there is a lot of driving involved for him. :001_smile:

No drama to share, but I will share something wonderful! We were given 4 garbage bags of clothes for dd10 to go through today. I sorted through 3 bags of it, and have over a dozen shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and 2 pairs of pjs for her. Also, I pulled out 3 tshirts for ds, and 2 shirts for dd5. The clothes are now ready to pass along to 2 other families. :001_smile:

Can I play too? We're so not a football house, but we live in Texas. I don't dare even think of calling anyone and interrupt their football game. LOL!

I went outside this afternoon only to find the streets as quiet as a ghost town. Isn't it weird?

Blessings,

Lucinda

I'm bored too. We've got two of our best friends over to watch the game - but that's mainly for DH. He needs someone who actually understands, let alone appreciates, football to watch the game with him.

I've been mindlessly surfing WTM boards and annoying my DH by starting cleaning up some of the snack/junk and whatnot that we had tonight. ("The game's not over, why are you cleaning?!?") Right now I'm just holding still - the baby is not impressed with the handful of chips and the glass of 7Up that I "treated" myself to. Apparently a plate of celery and carrot sticks and a protein smoothie is not enough to offset the tiny bit of junk food :glare:

Ds13 was soldering his laser tag set he's making but has come out to watch the Black Eyed Peas (who I personally think sound particularly awful tonight).

That's the same thing DH and I said. We turned it on just to see who was on the halftime show, but MAN they suck.

than that, I'm just tired out. I really really should finish grading last week's school before this week's school starts tomorrow but I DON'T WANT TO!

I don't want to either. We're finishing up 1st grade and starting 2nd this week. We're technically not supposed to be starting 2nd grade till fall so I'm ready to take a break now, LOL! Of course, from where I planned for us to be we're 5 weeks behind (we were going to start 2nd grade right before Christmas). Sigh.

No drama to share, but I will share something wonderful! We were given 4 garbage bags of clothes for dd10 to go through today. I sorted through 3 bags of it, and have over a dozen shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and 2 pairs of pjs for her. Also, I pulled out 3 tshirts for ds, and 2 shirts for dd5. The clothes are now ready to pass along to 2 other families. :001_smile:

Now that's good drama:)

DD12 is making a bird feeder out of cardboard, plastic bottles and plastic wrap.

Can you post a pic when the bird feeder is done? How does he make it out cardboard and plastic bottles? I need some projects when I am here by myself - even though there are always books.

I went outside this afternoon only to find the streets as quiet as a ghost town. Isn't it weird?

Blessings,

Lucinda

Yes! I commented to DH that this is the first time I've seen green for the traffic on every major road in Austin on my Google Map iPhone app. It's ALWAYS backed up in downtown and for some stretch of I-35. Not now.

Were all watching, but I can only sorta engage ;). No drama, but still struggling with homesickness after our move. It's hard to build a new life :tongue_smilie:.

Simka, we are going to be in the same position in a few months. What is your best tip for moving and settling in? I have not moved in over 12 years and was not exactly planning on it either.

Were all watching, but I can only sorta engage ;). No drama, but still struggling with homesickness after our move. It's hard to build a new life :tongue_smilie:.

I feel your heart in this, Simka. We've relocated a few times over the years too and it is always so hard to get knitted into a new community and way of life. Hang in there, dear girl. It takes time, but it WILL happen.

:grouphug:

Lucinda

I ignore stuff all the time. Good company. (Please, oh god, tell me that doesn't make me ignorANt. Please. )

What's going on, Jean? Whatcha want to talk about? :bigear:

Things to talk about:

Why were half the people missing from church this morning when the Superbowl didn't start until 3 pm? (or something like that)

Why does my ds13 still need to be reminded to wash his hands after going to the bathroom?

Things to talk about:

Why were half the people missing from church this morning when the Superbowl didn't start until 3 pm? (or something like that)

Why does my ds13 still need to be reminded to wash his hands after going to the bathroom?

That's easy!

1. People start talking about the SB on TV starting at 8a.m. PST. Dh and I always like to watch a political discussion round Sunday morning and this morning - the talk was about football :glare: So people start their dips and marinate their chicken wings early.

2. Jean, he is a guy.

Did you see the thread the other day about a guy going to the grocery store? Since I was sick, dh stopped to pick a few things up for us sickos.

Dd 12 gets Top Ramen when she is sick. She asked him to pick up a couple packs-literally meaning two, and something to drink. I wanted Kleenex with lotion

He bought

1 case of beer

12 cans of chicken soup

12 cans of clam chowder (the idea of eating clam chowder while sick :ack2:)

1 pack of Oreos

1 box of Luck Charms

1 CASE (24!) packs of Top Ramen

3 pounds of grapes ($8 worth)

12 pack of 7up

2 frozen pizzas

2 boxes of Kleenex, 1 of two different brands to make sure he got the right ones LOL

Yeah, he is a great shopper LOL All the things I never buy LOL (Well except for the beer, but he bought a case of a kind I don't like Flat Tire Humf :boxing_smiley: guess he wanted it all to himself-maybe that is his consolation prize for dealing with 3 sickos all weekend.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

Simka, we are going to be in the same position in a few months. What is your best tip for moving and settling in? I have not moved in over 12 years and was not exactly planning on it either.

I'm feeling whiny, but really it's been good for us as a family. The kids have had to get along better, and we are all closer for this. Our schedules simplified and I am hesitant to add a bunch back in, but I know it's going to happen...at least sports wise.

This forum has been a lifesaver...it's the only thing that didn't change for me. FB has been a nightmare...it reminds me of all the relationships I left.

Pack all school stuff seperately...and get workbooks for awhile. We picked out some new reading literature and math workbooks. That's all we did for a couple weeks and it was nice, plus I didn't feel like we lost any ground.

Are you house hunting yet?

Please, oh god, tell me that doesn't make me ignorANt. Please. )

I think it makes us peacemakers.

I mean...we could get in there and fight, but, why? ;)

(my drama has to do with a younger brother who still hasn't learned that I'm older and smarter.)

Things to talk about:

1. I thought it was the weather. That shows how out of touch I am.

2. Please, no! My 5 year old turns on the cold tap, slides his hand through the running water, then says he washed his hands. I was hoping he would outgrow it. You are telling me I will be saying, "Did you wash your hands? Both hands? With soap and water?" for more years than I want to think about.

Are you house hunting yet?

We have been checking on some stuff online. I don't think we will be buying right away even though prices are low here. We need to scope the area out a little better to decide where we want to buy - which means two moves in the future unless we rent and get lucky (like it happened before) and the owner wants to sell to us and we want it.

Where did you get boxes? I am so old, I remember the days when one could just go to the back of a grocery store and ask for some boxes - no can do anymore.

We have been checking on some stuff online. I don't think we will be buying right away even though prices are low here. We need to scope the area out a little better to decide where we want to buy - which means two moves in the future unless we rent and get lucky (like it happened before) and the owner wants to sell to us and we want it.

Where did you get boxes? I am so old, I remember the days when one could just go to the back of a grocery store and ask for some boxes - no can do anymore.

Ummm...one friend was a manager at a gas station and another ran his own computer company...they gave me all my boxes!

I did buy some at Lowes I think.

nobody's watching any game here, since we don't have broadcast Tv, so we're watching a DVD of The Andy Griffith show. I asked my dh how the game was going, and he said "I don't know." So I guess he's not been checking the online stats...

I just invented a new soup...broccoli and cheese soup...actually I copied it from the rafferty's we ate at yesterday. I made it just as good as they did :)

1. I thought it was the weather. That shows how out of touch I am.

2. Please, no! My 5 year old turns on the cold tap, slides his hand through the running water, then says he washed his hands. I was hoping he would outgrow it. You are telling me I will be saying, "Did you wash your hands? Both hands? With soap and water?" for more years than I want to think about.

You mean they still haven't learned at 13? DS is 4 and I'm so tired of having to tell him to wash every. single. time.

Well, it may just be my ds but I'm afraid that I still have to remind him. Sigh. This is the kid who is acing biology so you would think he'd understand about microbes and illness. . .

Last night we went to church. The church we are at has open communion where you go up and take a hunk of bread right off the loaf. Here's what happened..

We get there and ds8 is sitting on my lap (they dismiss the kiddos after awhile) I smell something :glare: "Son, do your fingers smell like poop?!" (sheepish look) They dismiss to me saying, "Go wash your hands!!!" The kids come back at the end for communion. Suddenly it dawns on me that ds is going to go up and tear off a chunk of bread!!!!

Me: "Did you wash your hands?!!!!!!" Son: (sheepish look) Me: "Go! Now!" :tongue_smilie: He came back, we went up, I held his hand!!!!

It was really hard to take communion!!! :ack2:

Last night we went to church. The church we are at has open communion where you go up and take a hunk of bread right off the loaf. Here's what happened..

We get there and ds8 is sitting on my lap (they dismiss the kiddos after awhile) I smell something :glare: "Son, do your fingers smell like poop?!" (sheepish look) They dismiss to me saying, "Go wash your hands!!!" The kids come back at the end for communion. Suddenly it dawns on me that ds is going to go up and tear off a chunk of bread!!!!

Me: "Did you wash your hands?!!!!!!" Son: (sheepish look) Me: "Go! Now!" :tongue_smilie: He came back, we went up, I held his hand!!!!

It was really hard to take communion!!! :ack2:

:lol:

Um. The same reason my ds 12 needs to be reminded to brush his teeth? Pick up his clothes? Comb his hair? Change his clothes. Etc.?

Which would be...

What?

I know darn well I didn't ignore that. I know it. Because daily, several times daily I have spoke aloud about it. I know...it wasn't me doing the ignoring.

But someone was. Ignoring stuff, that is.

Hmph.

None of us are interested in the Super Bowl. My son is upstairs playing Minecraft and talking on the phone to his friend who is also playing (it's an online game). My wonderful husband is picking up dinner at Pei Wei for me (I've been very sick all week and was craving something spicy I could actually taste!). I was watching a documentary about the French Revolution in preparation for our theatre group's performance of A Tale of Two Cities. But I could only handle it for an hour before I needed a break from all the beheadings. So I'm watching "The Cosby Show" on Netflix.

Why don't you watch Mompetition videos on Youtube?

Wendi