Menu

Alternative to Flylady

I am tired of all the extras and the sales stuff with Flylady too. When I joined years ago it was much more basic. I would like to be able to get just the basic emails.

I do however use the zones- which you can get off the website or download to your online calendar from the Cozi site.

Then I have a morning, afternoon and before bed routine stuck up on the wall in my office here.

Then I have a laminated sheet of detail cleaning points for each of the zones- which I keep in the actual zones. A control journal just never worked for me- I never opened it. But a bathroom cleaning sheet on the toilet wall is something I will use.

Thats about it for me. I declutter regularly. I have a timer. I like the zones even though I don't always use them- it does give me a focus. ANd I like the routines.

I have a large squared calendar for writing appointments and events on.

I also have a page to a day diary where I write my To Do lists and things to remember, plus phone messages.

It has been an evolving process over many years but my system works very well for me now and when I "fall off the wagon" I can usually see what i need to do to get back on track. Quite often it is simply getting off my butt and going and doing the dishes, a load of washing, or tidying my bedroom.

I get the Flylady emails as a daily digest- sometimes I delete without even looking at them, but often I will skim them and read one or two posts.

YOu can make it work for you without throwing out the baby with the bathwater :) The thing I like about Flylady is that I dont feel guilty if I don't do it- I just get back up and start from where I am- I am never behind- it makes me feel good about doing anything rather than bad about not doing it all- I like the motivational side of it- and I like the sense of humour and fun aspect of playing music, using a timer etc

I have looked for other systems because I like systems :) but nothing sticks like Flylady, so I throw out what I dont like and use what I do.

I get the Flylady emails as a daily digest- sometimes I delete without even looking at them, but often I will skim them and read one or two posts.

YOu can make it work for you without throwing out the baby with the bathwater :) The thing I like about Flylady is that I dont feel guilty if I don't do it- I just get back up and start from where I am- I am never behind- it makes me feel good about doing anything rather than bad about not doing it all- I like the motivational side of it- and I like the sense of humour and fun aspect of playing music, using a timer etc

I have looked for other systems because I like systems :) but nothing sticks like Flylady, so I throw out what I dont like and use what I do.

:iagree:

I just get digest and read what I want and toss the rest.

If you like the concept of Flylady, but don't want the emails read Side Tracked Home Executives. This is the book that the Flylady initially based her system on.

:iagree:

I just get digest and read what I want and toss the rest.

If you like the concept of Flylady, but don't want the emails read Side Tracked Home Executives. This is the book that the Flylady initially based her system on.

Definitely this book! I was a diehard Flylady fan for a long time. But I got this book and made the cardfile in it, and I love it so much more than flylady. I have the cards in there that I need, and I just go through my cards each day and my house gets clean! It's awesome!

:iagree: I find this book so much more helpful than FlyLady. I have been using it for many, many years. If you don't like the card system, you can create a binder from it, much as FlyLady did.

Guest FlyingHigh

I've been FLYing for over 5 years. Although both of the sites you recommended are incredibly helpful and beautiful they are just FlyLady rewritten. My suggestion is you contact her or give her credit somewhere on the site. I know she has worked very hard on her system. It has changed my life and truly does work.

Her emails are a key part of keeping us motivated. One doesn't have to subscribe to each one. You can get a daily email. The FlyFamily is a very close group of friends who know what it feels like to need help understanding how to Finally Love Yourself. See, FLYing isn't about housekeeping, it's about loving yourself first.

If anyone has any problems with getting emails or if you have any questions please send an email to flylady at flylady dot net.

Oh yeah, everything FlyLady does is free. You don't need a penny to FLY. How beautiful is that?

Blessings to all of you and again, the sites you created are beautiful. Please give credit where credit is due.

I get flyladies reminder emails. Check laundry, what's for lunch, drink water, ect. The rest of the emails come in a weekly digest---which I don't even look at before deleting. Perhaps, you could set yours up like that. I never shine my sink, but I couldn't live without the laundry reminders! :)

I signed up for flylady 8 years ago. It turns out that the system doesn't work for me, but what also made me :confused: is that flylady is a system that's supposed to help one eliminate clutter, yet the website is so cluttered that I get overwhelmed. I just made up my own system, and on days when I don't follow my to-do list, I make up a list of the things I did accomplish. It helps me to see that I'm not a slacker, I probably just had more important or urgent matters to handle.

I've been FLYing for over 5 years. Although both of the sites you recommended are incredibly helpful and beautiful they are just FlyLady rewritten. My suggestion is you contact her or give her credit somewhere on the site. I know she has worked very hard on her system. It has changed my life and truly does work.

Her emails are a key part of keeping us motivated. One doesn't have to subscribe to each one. You can get a daily email. The FlyFamily is a very close group of friends who know what it feels like to need help understanding how to Finally Love Yourself. See, FLYing isn't about housekeeping, it's about loving yourself first.

If anyone has any problems with getting emails or if you have any questions please send an email to flylady at flylady dot net.

Oh yeah, everything FlyLady does is free. You don't need a penny to FLY. How beautiful is that?

Blessings to all of you and again, the sites you created are beautiful. Please give credit where credit is due.

Um.... I'm fairly certain those links were not posted by the creators of those sites. You seem rather invested in defending Flylady.