Menu

It is going to be a grim day at work tomorrow: guard strangled

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/434420_guard30.html?source=rss

I don't work at Monroe, but I work with criminals quite a bit and people shuffle from my facility to Monroe and back. I am often alone with rapists and murderers, although there are people on the other side of a locked door, within shouting distance.

I know it is going to somber, and some people will cry. Some will be angry over thin staffing. I'm sure I'll be looking over my shoulder more. You just can't help it.

What do you do in the prision?

My husband is activity director at our local prison. I know it is a very stressful job for him. It is the constant need to be on alert and not being able to trust ANYONE.

I'm an internist at a mental hospital. Many mental patients who end up "committed" have criminal records (many don't, but about half of ours do).

I'm an internist at a mental hospital. Many mental patients who end up "committed" have criminal records (many don't, but about half of ours do).

That's how one of dh's old mates ended up in jail. He knew an episode was coming and asked for help but was told they were too busy and to go away :( Fortunately for him, he found jail a positive experience! :confused: I like him, but he's a really messed up guy :(

Stay safe :grouphug:

Rosie

That's how one of dh's old mates ended up in jail. He knew an episode was coming and asked for help but was told they were too busy and to go away :( Fortunately for him, he found jail a positive experience! :confused: I like him, but he's a really messed up guy :(

For some people with mental health issues prison is a "positive" place. There they have a strict schedule, no big decisions to make, 3 meals prepared for them, clear rules, etc. Some strive on the structure that prison provides.

:grouphug:Dh saw this earlier today. He's been there- diff job you know but same situation. Worked at a med security prison where they'd had riots, deaths and prisoners actually had control of the prison for a while. They used actual cattle prods on the prisoners it was so bad. Lots of bad blood when he was there.

I am praying for you; that the God of all comfort walks with you this week and gives you wisdom beyond yourself.:grouphug: