Menu

I think he may be coming....

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying for both of you (actually all four of you ;) ).

AngelBee~I think I've "known" you since you just had 3 ;) (on MDC) Good luck!!! I'll be checking for updates and praying for a quick delivery :)

You have. :) I have been on MDC since right before I had ds6.

:grouphug: It is hard. Especially not knowing when they are finally gonna come.

:iagree:

We just had #4 a week ago today. :001_smile: Waiting those last few weeks was hard. I joked with my husband that waiting for labor is like knowing somebody is going to beat you up soon, you just don't know where or when! Here's hoping your baby comes soon and everything goes beautifully and you're on the other side holding a precious newborn.

I joked with my husband that waiting for labor is like knowing somebody is going to beat you up soon, you just don't know where or when!

:lol::lol::lol: I've never heard it put that perfectly before! lol

Aww congratulations on your newborn. :001_wub: So many precious babies... sigh. :)

I joked with my husband that waiting for labor is like knowing somebody is going to beat you up soon, you just don't know where or when!

Now that is a good way to put it!! :)

Praying that your baby comes very soon. It is so true those last couple weeks are hard emotionally and physically.

Hoping that these babies come soon...and that mine follows suit.. :glare: I'm almost a week overdue! This waiting is so hard!!

Dd4 was 3 and a half weeks late! :001_huh:

How did you convince them to keep from inducing you at 42 weeks? That's what my midwife's policy is, AFAIK (and there's no possibility my due date is off). It's also one of the reasons the waiting is getting so hard. I'm afraid my baby will decide to stay camped out in there and then I'll have to be induced and it won't go well.

Edited by Hannah C.

Hoping that these babies come soon...and that mine follows suit.. :glare: I'm almost a week overdue! This waiting is so hard!!

How did you convince them to keep from inducing you at 42 weeks? That's what my midwife's policy is, AFAIK (and there's no possibility my due date is off). It's also one of the reasons the waiting is getting so hard. I'm afraid my baby will decide to stay camped out in there and then I'll have to be induced and it won't go well.

:grouphug: Being overdue can be so hard. PM if you get closer to cut off. We can discuss natural options. Pitocin is icky! :( You want to avoid it if you can.

I had a wonderful midwife who just kept a very close look at baby and me. Funny thing, she was my smallest one so far! :) Mama and baby were totally healthy. I had her at home.

No baby yet! :001_huh: I laid down again because I was getting so tired at about 145am. Slept til 9am today. Had contractions all night but no regular.

So....I guess he just needed a practice round! :D

Still crampy and sore, so I am sure he caused changes in my cervix and such. Still playing the waiting game though......

:grouphug: Being overdue can be so hard. PM if you get closer to cut off. We can discuss natural options. Pitocin is icky! :( You want to avoid it if you can.

I had a wonderful midwife who just kept a very close look at baby and me. Funny thing, she was my smallest one so far! :) Mama and baby were totally healthy. I had her at home.

No baby yet! :001_huh: I laid down again because I was getting so tired at about 145am. Slept til 9am today. Had contractions all night but no regular.

So....I guess he just needed a practice round! :D

Still crampy and sore, so I am sure he caused changes in my cervix and such. Still playing the waiting game though......

oooh sounds like it's going to be soon. :) Can you tell me what is bad about pitocin? Why do they give it to you if it's bad?

oooh sounds like it's going to be soon. :) Can you tell me what is bad about pitocin? Why do they give it to you if it's bad?

It should only be used IF NECESSARY. Pitocin can be tricky and is not always handled properly. It can rupture your uterus if turned up slightly too high. You also have to have an epidural if pitted (unless it's being used in a homebirth to stop bleeding afterwards). Epidurals can slow down labour, so you end up with two forces working against each other (one slowing down labour and one trying to speed up and enforce labour). This can lead to complications that can emergency c-section. This is why it's also not something that should be done "just because" (though I confess to having done so once...my fear of having an unfamiliar doctor, due to past OB screwups, was bigger and I knew the nurse that was handling my Pitocin).

There are gentler methods to induce labour.

It should only be used IF NECESSARY. Pitocin can be tricky and is not always handled properly. It can rupture your uterus if turned up slightly too high. You also have to have an epidural if pitted (unless it's being used in a homebirth to stop bleeding afterwards). Epidurals can slow down labour, so you end up with two forces working against each other (one slowing down labour and one trying to speed up and enforce labour). This can lead to complications that can emergency c-section. This is why it's also not something that should be done "just because" (though I confess to having done so once...my fear of having an unfamiliar doctor, due to past OB screwups, was bigger and I knew the nurse that was handling my Pitocin).

:iagree: It kicks you into full labor sometimes too. You don't have time to build up to the ending. It can be very overwhelming to a mama. :(

:eek: Is the drug itself harmful to the baby do you know? Other than what you've already mentioned here about possible complications??

I ask because I was induced with my ds and they gave me a pitocin drip (and an epidural) but nothing happened so finally the OB broke my water and then I went into full on labor. My son is profoundly Autistic and my dh wonders if it had anything to do with the labor experience.

:eek: Is the drug itself harmful to the baby do you know? Other than what you've already mentioned here about possible complications??

I ask because I was induced with my ds and they gave me a pitocin drip (and an epidural) but nothing happened so finally the OB broke my water and then I went into full on labor. My son is profoundly Autistic and my dh wonders if it had anything to do with the labor experience.

:grouphug: I think it can cause distress for babies, going into labor fast and or not expecting it. I will let others answer more scientifically.

I have never heard of a correlation between Pit and Autism. :grouphug:

I too had it with babies 1 and 2.

:grouphug: I think it can cause distress for babies, going into labor fast and or not expecting it. I will let others answer more scientifically.

This, but I see no logic to connecting it to autism.

Thank you for that. It's hard because everyone in dh's family blames me for ds being Autistic. His sister hurt me so deeply when we first got the diagnosis. My dh told her and without a second's hesistation turned to me and said, "He gets it from your side of the family." I have an Autistic cousin and my brother's first two born are Autistic and my dd is Asperger's. Maybe it is from "my side of the family" and it's a heavy thing to carry. It breaks my dh's heart because he loves his son so much.

ah, nevermind. I'm rambling. Sorry. I just wondered about the pitocin. Yeah, back on track. lol

I had pitocin, a few complications (dd was sunny side up and got stuck in the birth canal) that required a second doc being called in and me being transferred to the emergency C-section room. It turned out okay in the end, and there were no neuro complications with dd from the Pitocin or the extra trauma from the birth.

What you described happens pretty routinely without "causing" autism.

Thank you for that. It's hard because everyone in dh's family blames me for ds being Autistic. His sister hurt me so deeply when we first got the diagnosis. My dh told her and without a second's hesistation turned to me and said, "He gets it from your side of the family." I have an Autistic cousin and my brother's first two born are Autistic and my dd is Asperger's. Maybe it is from "my side of the family" and it's a heavy thing to carry. It breaks my dh's heart because he loves his son so much.

ah, nevermind. I'm rambling. Sorry. I just wondered about the pitocin. Yeah, back on track. lol

:grouphug: Don't EVER take on that burden! You are no more responsible for your sons condition then my mother is for my severe ADHD! Crap happens. There is no blame. Only hope for the future. :grouphug:

I have words for your SIL, but I can not post them here. :glare:

:glare: How mean of your SIL! (sorry, that kind of thing brings out the mamabear in me...ducks go on the attack too ;) ).

Btdt. Older ds ended up bruised from head to toe and it way my only labor where I required an epidural. I could not believe the pain.

Yeah. I had 2 with Pit and it was so overwhelming! I have had 3 natural births since (2 at home). WORLD of difference! So much easier!

:grouphug: Don't EVER take on that burden! You are no more responsible for your sons condition then my mother is for my severe ADHD! Crap happens. There is no blame. Only hope for the future. :grouphug:

:grouphug: Thank you. :crying: Personally, I don't care what THEY think, but I do care what my husband thinks and if in his heart of hearts he really does blame me I think that would just kill me. I don't think he would ever say it outloud to me though (if he does feel that way) the way his sister does.

For me, I believe in God. I believe that my son is "fearfully and wonderfully made" and that he is exactly who God wanted him to be for His purpose. God doesn't make mistakes. My ds is such a blessing to me. I love him with all my heart, but it is hard to see him struggle so. He is such a brave little boy. The bravest person I've ever met. God set him apart for some purpose and my sweet little son bears it with joy and cheerfulness. He's amazing.

I have words for your SIL, but I can not post them here. :glare:

LOL She can be pretty awful. Ugh

:lol: Quack! Quack!

Have you ever tried to pick up a duckling?! Let me tell you just how fast that mamaduck will come after you! (I've done it with a wandering duckling...as soon as that mama saw me coming to return the stray, she gave me warnings to put it down quickly :blink: )

For me, I believe in God. I believe that my son is "fearfully and wonderfully made" and that he is exactly who God wanted him to be for His purpose. God doesn't make mistakes. My ds is such a blessing to me. I love him with all my heart, but it is hard to see him struggle so. He is such a brave little boy. The bravest person I've ever met. God set him apart for some purpose and my sweet little son bears it with joy and cheerfulness. He's amazing.

AMEN! :) That actually made me cry!

Have you ever tried to pick up a duckling?! Let me tell you just how fast that mamaduck will come after you! (I've done it with a wandering duckling...as soon as that mama saw me coming to return the stray, she gave me warnings to put it down quickly :blink: )

No...but I messed with some baby geese once. Never ran so fast! :D