Menu

Finally! iPhone for Verizon customers

:party::cheers2:

I have been waiting for this for so long! I've been holding onto my old Verizon phone for two years, without signing another contract, so I'd be able to get the "mythical" Verizon iPhone when it comes out. (I've been watching the rumors online.) And my birthday's next month!!

Wendi

:party::cheers2:

I have been waiting for this for so long! I've been holding onto my old Verizon phone for two years, without signing another contract, so I'd be able to get the "mythical" Verizon iPhone when it comes out. (I've been watching the rumors online.) And my birthday's next month!!

Wendi

Mine, too! :001_smile:

I'm wondering if they will offer an unlimited data plan. We are grandfathered in, but that would be nice to not have to worry about if I had wanted to switch from AT&T.

From the few articles I've read, it looks like Verizon will be offering unlimited data use plans to iPhone purchasers.

UGEUGBJHBHURJUB.

That was my head hitting the computer. I've been wanting an iphone since they came out on AT&T, but since I have Verizon (and AT&T has horrible service in my area) I couldn't get it. I've been holding out on upgrading my phone for 9 months now hoping they'd announce the iphone.

LAST WEEK I got a Droid 2 global. last week people!!! ugh. :glare: And of course, the iphone release is all over the internets (facebook especially).

-sigh- And I just don't have the money to shell out for it without the upgrade. I can't wait another 2 years!! (Ok, I CAN wait, but I don't want to!!)

Sorry. I am seriously disturbed by this turn of events. lol.

UGEUGBJHBHURJUB.

That was my head hitting the computer. I've been wanting an iphone since they came out on AT&T, but since I have Verizon (and AT&T has horrible service in my area) I couldn't get it. I've been holding out on upgrading my phone for 9 months now hoping they'd announce the iphone.

LAST WEEK I got a Droid 2 global. last week people!!! ugh. :glare: And of course, the iphone release is all over the internets (facebook especially).

-sigh- And I just don't have the money to shell out for it without the upgrade. I can't wait another 2 years!! (Ok, I CAN wait, but I don't want to!!)

I am pretty sure you have 30 days to return a Verizon phone with a restocking fee. My sister did when she got something right before the new Blackberrys came out.

I'm wondering if they will offer an unlimited data plan. We are grandfathered in, but that would be nice to not have to worry about if I had wanted to switch from AT&T.

Do you know how much data you actually use? You can go to AT&T's website, and check your actual usage over the past year, then compare it to the various fee-based data plans. I was concerned about switching out of our grandfathered unlimited plan, but discovered that I don't use anywhere near data included in the minimum rate limited plan. I'm no longer concerned about switching to Verizon. I'm pretty sure their data rates will suit my usage.

I am pretty sure you have 30 days to return a Verizon phone with a restocking fee. My sister did when she got something right before the new Blackberrys came out.
Effective January 16, it will be 14 days. Customers who purchase phones on or after the 16th will no longer be eligible for "New After Two" at the end of their contract. Discounted prices for phones purchased along with new contracts will continue. Edited by nmoira

My husband is having a cow because I want to upgrade mine - eligible two weeks after the launch. He says I have an Ipod already. :001_huh:

I can't make calls on an Ipod. He and oldest have Blackberry's. I want my Iphone. It's not like it would add to our monthly bill. I do wish they'd make a family data plan though. We never come close to using our shared minutes. I doubt we'd come close to using our shared data either.

Isn't the Iphone the same as the Droid? I am confused.

Well, they're both smart phones, but, of course, iPhone is Apple---which gives you iTunes (no iTunes on Droid) and all the apps that are available on it.

Many feel iPhone has a smoother interface than Droid.

Although Droid phones are great phones/techno gadgets in their own right (we have a Droid 2 in the family), I prefer the iPhone (I don't have one....) and all it has to offer.

What is "new every two"? Our two-year Blackberry contracts run out in February. Does that mean we can get an iPhone without paying full price for it?
NE2 means when your Verizon contract is up you get another $30 or $50 off the price of a new phone in addition to the discount you'd get when signing a new contract. It is like a reward for being a returning customer.

Do you know how much data you actually use? You can go to AT&T's website, and check your actual usage over the past year, then compare it to the various fee-based data plans. I was concerned about switching out of our grandfathered unlimited plan, but discovered that I don't use anywhere near data included in the minimum rate limited plan. I'm no longer concerned about switching to Verizon. I'm pretty sure their data rates will suit my usage.

Also, I don't know how Verizon will work it, but with AT&T, I use wifi wherever I can. At home of course I use wifi, but also when I'm out I use it if it's available. Wifi is available so many places now that I find I rarely have to actually use 3G, so I'm able to keep my data use down that way.

UGEUGBJHBHURJUB.

Same here only I recently got a Blackberry! Oh well- I guess I will wait awhile longer for the iphone updgrade :(

Same here only I recently got a Blackberry! Oh well- I guess I will wait awhile longer for the iphone updgrade :(
If I wanted an iphone, I'd wait until the iphone 5 comes out this summer. The Verizon iphone is soon to be last-year's-model.

If I wanted an iphone, I'd wait until the iphone 5 comes out this summer. The Verizon iphone is soon to be last-year's-model.

True. Plus, when the new one is released, Verizon will most likely offer the current iPhone model (if you didn't want to go with the iPhone 5), at a lower price point.

It's certainly not a bad idea to wait...