Menu

How do you take your vitamins?

How do you take your vitamins?  

1. 1. How do you take your vitamins?

• With my green leafy smoothie after my morning workout.
    • With my morning coffee.
    • At night with my my wine when I remember.
    • Other (because people here are often about The Other)

Mine are chewable, so I take them with food in the morning when I get up and at night if I remember. They are kiddie vitamins functioning as prenatal vitamins, so I don't know if I'll be continuing with any vitamins after baby arrives. If I do, I'll stop taking the kiddie ones, but I'll still get chewables...vitamins are so hard to swallow!!

By mouth.

Sorry, we take ours after dinner. We've tried different times of the day, and this is the easiest one for us to remember.

lol, by mouth-

wow, I wish I could do that but vit B keeps me up all night. (And I have to take it -it helps balance my blood sugar and without it my hypoglycemia kicks my butt. )

Thank goodness it's an anonymous poll ;).

I did hear on Dr. Oz the other day (the only episode I've ever watched) that it is best to take your vitamins at night before you sleep and your body restores itself.

geez, really?

huh. Maybe I can just take the B in the morning...

geez, really?

huh. Maybe I can just take the B in the morning...

Yes, he said that. But I say don't take your B at night because it will keep you up. I know this from personal experience. And isn't a B Complex sometimes marketed as an energy booster? He suggested taking calcium, magnesium and even a multi at night. But no way would I take a multi at night because of the B. Anything with lots of B gets taken in the morning (when I remember it).

I am so believing the folks who say they only watched Dr Oz once. :D

Smartypants :lol:. Seriously, I watched him on NYE Day because my kids were gone and I was trying to nap on the couch (and without cable, we only get about 6 channels). Not a common occurrence (usually, I try to nap in my own bed).

Smartypants :lol:. Seriously, I watched him on NYE Day because my kids were gone and I was trying to nap on the couch (and without cable, we only get about 6 channels). Not a common occurrence (usually, I try to nap in my own bed).

No. Me too. :001_smile: I wish I had cable. I want cable.

If I had cable I would know how to take vitamins. ;)

Guest momk2000

I have several different supplements that I take throughout the day. I take Calcium with D and Magnesium - 1 in the AM and 2 at bedtime. Fish oil - 1 mid-afternoon and one with dinner (they are so big, I hate to take them together). Multivitamin with dinner.

I am so believing the folks who say they only watched Dr Oz once. :D

However. Now that I know taking vitamins at night is good, I will have to make sure my glass is all about the Pellegrino.

heh heh

Yeah, Cabernet Pellegrino. Such a fruity bouquet. :tongue_smilie:

Other because science is beginning to confirm what natural med advocates knew for a long time.

Your body doesn't know what to do with hyped up synthetic "vitamins." You're urinating most of it out and they have you on incredible amounts so that you can absorb something.

Truth: Most people use them as an insurance policy so they can choose not to eat a whole foods diet.

Truth: Your body needs FOOD.

Truth: Vitamins ain't it.

How do I take my vitamins? Real food and herbal teas.

Other because science is beginning to confirm what natural med advocates knew for a long time.

Your body doesn't know what to do with hyped up synthetic "vitamins." You're urinating most of it out and they have you on incredible amounts so that you can absorb something.

Truth: Most people use them as an insurance policy so they can choose not to eat a whole foods diet.

Truth: Your body needs FOOD.

Truth: Vitamins ain't it.

How do I take my vitamins? Real food and herbal teas.

Except for the fact that if you ate five pounds of kale a day NO ONE would want to come near you. You'd never make it out of the bathroom to get anywhere, anyway.

for the rest of your post, you're assuming a lot.

Edited by justamouse

Except for the fact that if you ate five pounds of kale a day NO ONE would want to come near you. You'd never make it out of the bathroom to get anywhere, anyway.

for the rest of your post, you're assuming a lot.

Plus she ' literally' ate garlic today. I can smell her from here.

J/K Bsld...:) I am sure you smell quite sweet.

Edited by LibraryLover

I did hear on Dr. Oz the other day (the only episode I've ever watched) that it is best to take your vitamins at night before you sleep and your body restores itself.

And I have heard it is best to take them during the day and never at night. The body needs to rest, not be busy assimilating and digesting all those dang vitamins that are just gonna ... oh, I see I must not be conforming. Sorry.:D

Interesting.. I take mine at night before bed, but only because they upset my stomach if I take them in the morning. Even with food. :glare: