Menu

Alzheimer's sucks

I'm very sorry. It DOES suck, big time. I don't remember your situation, but when I was caring for dh's grandmother, I was helped very much by the Alz. Association forums here: http://alzheimers.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x

Just putting that out there and sending hugs. :grouphug:

My MIL is the caretaker and she won't have anything to do with the internet or support groups. You can lead a horse to water...

So we just watch and help when we're allowed. But to see her suffer so, too. It's heartbreaking.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. I wish your MIL would accept some help, but it's so common to hear about people who believe that all of the responsibilities are theirs and theirs alone to bear. It's so exhausting and emotionally draining, and it's also frustrating for those who want to help, but whose assistance isn't accepted.

Cat

Yes it does suck......and it makes one feel so helpless. If it helps I am right there with you. I am caring for my grandmother, we figured that her symptoms started about 10 years ago, getting worse 6 years ago and declining from there.

It is hard but hang in there.

:grouphug:

lynda

My MIL is the caretaker and she won't have anything to do with the internet or support groups. You can lead a horse to water...

So we just watch and help when we're allowed. But to see her suffer so, too. It's heartbreaking.

Oh man. This is familiar. My aunt was the caregiver for my uncle, who had Alzheimers. It was HORRIBLE!!! She wouldn't accept any help. I'm so sorry your family is watching this happen too. :grouphug: