Menu

salad spinners? best one to buy?

I have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Oxo-32480-Grips-Salad-Spinner/dp/B00004OCKR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293761792&sr=8-1

I really do like it and use it all the time. It is big enough that I can do salad up for a couple of days or for a big bunch of people. You don't have to do a large amount in it but it handles it.

I ordered mine from Amazon but I have seen them at Target for about the same.

I also don't put mine in the dishwasher, I just rinse it off right away and let it drip dry, put it away.

We bought one at Goodwill for a couple of dollars. It was new in the box. We didn't use it much, so we gave it away. My MIL showed me how to fold lettuce up in a tea towel and spin it outside a few times. It is quick and easy, and doesn't take up shelf space. :lol: Dh's grandma has the OXO spinner. It is nice. If I ever bought another spinner, I'd get that one.

I have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Oxo-32480-Grips-Salad-Spinner/dp/B00004OCKR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293761792&sr=8-1

I really do like it and use it all the time. It is big enough that I can do salad up for a couple of days or for a big bunch of people. You don't have to do a large amount in it but it handles it.

I ordered mine from Amazon but I have seen them at Target for about the same.

I also don't put mine in the dishwasher, I just rinse it off right away and let it drip dry, put it away.

It has MANY positive reviews, but the negative ones are pretty negative. Do you find it hard to take the lid apart? This seems to be the #1 complaint. Sounds like it is stiff. Several said theirs broke when trying to separate the lid components.

For us it is an almost essential gadget to have. We make salads. all. the. time.

So a salad spinner gets used almost every day. Our is an el-cheap no-name. Definitely not the best out there, but it serves.

Bill

Does yours have a handle or a string pull...or what? I would prefer an el-cheapo no-name. :D

Does yours have a handle or a string pull...or what? I would prefer an el-cheapo no-name. :D

Ours has a handle. Not as fancy as the pull-string models, so one uses more "man-power" (as the string pulls build up centrifugal force through a greater mechanical advantage) but it does the job.

I have no idea where ours came from, it is pretty "generic."

Bill

It has MANY positive reviews, but the negative ones are pretty negative. Do you find it hard to take the lid apart? This seems to be the #1 complaint. Sounds like it is stiff. Several said theirs broke when trying to separate the lid components.

I don't take the lid apart on mine to clean it because there is no reason to do that. I wash it by hand. I've had it for a year and haven't had any problems with it at all.

I have this one but I don't remember paying that much for it. Maybe I did - who knows? Anyway, it gets a lot of use and has held up very well.

http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_category_code=10004&fv_item_number=P10055973000

Same here. I did not pay that much but after having it for almost ten years, I would pay about $20 if I had to. :001_smile: I love mine!

I don't know what brand ours is, but we chose the one with the handle over the string pull. It seemed to me that a string pull would beg my small kids to pull and pull and pull until they broke it. With the handle one, they just distribute parts of it around the house ;) I don't know whether I can pull the lid apart. I haven't needed to try. It's only salad, it just rinses off.

Rosie

I'm still using the salad spinner that I received in 1985 as a wedding gift (cheap, plastic, white one that a frat brother of my husband's gave us.:lol:) The knob that turns the spinner broke off about a year ago when I dropped it, so now I turn it by sticking a chopstick in the little hole the broken knob left behind. I'm too cheap to buy another one.!

Beth