Menu

How far apart are you and dh (or partner) in age?

Tap

How many years apart are you and dh (or partner) in age?  

1. 1. How many years apart are you and dh (or partner) in age?

• Less than 1 year
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7-8
    • 9-10
    • 11-12
    • 13-15
    • 16+
    • Other....

We're two weeks, 1 day shy of being 13 years apart... so we just say 13 ;)

When we were first dating my parents brought up all of those "you'll never have anything in common" sort of arguments. In truth, my grandmother nailed it when she told my parents to stop being silly because "She's always been a very old soul, she couldn't stand spending her entire life with someone closer to her age. It'd drive her crazy!"

That's how I've always felt, lol! When I dated guys my ages they just were so immature. The oldest I dated was 7 years older. Dh is just over 4 years older. :)

DH is eight months younger than I am, and graduated high school a year after I did. We started dating right before I graduated.

I once had a guy call me a cradle robber when dh was in high school and I was in college...the guy's gf at the time happened to be 3 years younger than him. Talk about hypocritical...:glare: :lol:

Dh turned 60 in June & I turned 44 in June. As we are of different cultures & met overseas, the age difference (16 years) didn't seem that large. The only time we really notice the age difference is when dh mentions that he first went overseas to work in '71 (the year I began kindergarten :001_huh: ) He finished highschool & began his apprenticeship the year I was born :tongue_smilie:. We've been together 20 years now & have a stronger relationship than 2 of his siblings & 3 of my siblings. Age doesn't really matter.