Menu

Did your dc go to work with your spouse today?

One of mine did, and I'm amazed at how quiet it is here with one less child! The rest of us are going to work on a project that hasn't gotten done so that the one at work won't miss anything. If your dc went to work today, what are you planning to do at home?

My dh is on a business trip but I still dropped off ds. They do so many fun science and math labs with the kids. My 9th grader did not want to go he said he had to much going on in school. Hmmm a 15 year old that doesn't jump at the chance to get out of school......

No --dh is a charter/business jet pilot, and they won't let ANYone else fly along except the paying passengers. they've been out to see the airplane and sit in it while he taxied it for service. Except for the bathroom and the little drawers w/ cokes and snacks, they weren't too impressed ;)

One of mine did, and I'm amazed at how quiet it is here with one less child! The rest of us are going to work on a project that hasn't gotten done so that the one at work won't miss anything. If your dc went to work today, what are you planning to do at home?

DH thought for sure it was yesterday, so he got the boys up at 5:30 and took them in with him. I awoke to two voice mail messages and an email from DH, "Um, it's tomorrow. Can you come get them?" :lol:

This morning, they're at it again. Just got off the phone w/ them, and they're having a grand time. (DH's cube-mate always brings electronics, and DH's buddies always bring snacks - they spoil our children beautifully)

I, too, am absolutely *stunned* at how quiet it is here, with only two children. Wowsa. Why didn't it feel this quiet when we had only two, right? ;)

Both days I'd planned to work on the house, but yesterday it didn't happen since I had to run into town, and today it won't happen b/c DH asked if I'd bring the littles up for the picnic - and then I'll have to boogie out w/ the kids to make it to the Activity Gauntlet in the afternoon (piano, ball practice, ball games, and Scouts). But it was nice to think about having a day of relative quiet in which to clean... :tongue_smilie:

Yes, Dd went with her dad for the day. The college plans activities for the kids, so she should have a great time. There'll be activities in the chemistry lab, nursing department, and the Spanish department. She'll also be provided a Mexican lunch of nachos, tacos, etc. She should have a blast!

Yes! He's the full-time parent right now, so she stayed home with him (and to ballet, and to art class).

I'll go to school in an hour. :-)