Need Sci-fi TV or movie suggestions

Guest Cindie2dds

Guest Cindie2dds

We've enjoyed ~

Firefly (love this one!)

Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis

Eureka

Caprica

Can you name some favorites of yours we can add to our list? :)

Star Trek is still cool :)

-Voyager

-Deep Space Nine

-Enterprise

-even the original 1960's Star Trek is entertaining.

We loved Firefly too. So sad there isn't anything else like that.

Oh, and if it's just for the adults...we absolutely *loved* Zombieland. It is crude and gruesome, but hysterically funny at the same time.

Star Trek is still cool :)

-Voyager

-Deep Space Nine

-Enterprise

-even the original 1960's Star Trek is entertaining.

We loved Firefly too. So sad there isn't anything else like that.

Oh, and if it's just for the adults...we absolutely *loved* Zombieland. It is crude and gruesome, but hysterically funny at the same time.

Star Trek, the movie from last year, was great too, imo.

I *so* wanted to see Zombieland, but never got around to seeing it when it was in the theaters.

The Babylon 5 series

Taken (Steven Spielberg's award-winning miniseries)

The X-Files

Movies

Alien

Jurassic Park

Terminator

Lord of the Rings

The Matrix

12 Monkeys

2001 A Space Odyssey (I would not rent 2010 - it was terrible)

AI

Blade Runner

Children of Men

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Contact

Eragon

Gattaca

I Am Legend (kind of creepy)

I, Robot

Independence Day

Men In Black

Mission to Mars

Paycheck

Predator

Red Planet

Reign of Fire

Signs

Solaris

Space Cowboys

Sphere

Stargate

Supernova

The Abyss

The Astronaut's Wife

The Day After Tomorrow

The Fifth Element

The Running Man

The 6th Day

The Time Traveler's Wife

Timeline

Total Recall

V is for Vendetta

Virtuosity

War of the Worlds

Krista

The Babylon 5 series

kristavws listed a BUNCH, but I want to second Babylon 5.

Babylon 5 was one of the first TV shows that had a continuing storyline for the full 5 years. Each episode moved the main story forward. The episodes were NOT stand alone. (esp once you got to season 2 and beyond.) Now a lot of shows do that (like Lost did, and others like that.) But back then, it was a new idea. The person who wrote the show wrote it to end at season 5. He said that he wrote it like a novel, with a beginning a middle and an end. It's not like the writers were trying to figure out what to do at the end of the story. He knew where he was going right from the beginning. There are things that happen in the first couple of episodes that don't pay off until the last couple of episodes.

I love B5. I think I'm going to request it from Netflix again (have already watched the whole series twice, or was it 3 times?) It's even better watching the second time, because you catch ALL KINDS of clues in the first episode and realize that the plot was iron tight and planned right from the beginning. Lots of fun to watch.

Edited by Garga

I just wanted to second Doctor Who and Warehouse 13. We just started watching Doctor Who and I am completely and totally addicted. And we started watching Warehouse 13 last season and if you like Eureka (one of my favorite shows) then you'll love it.

Also, thanks for asking the question - I have a whole lot of things to add to my netflix!!

Guest Cindie2dds

I come to the computer this morning and have more to add to my queue! Thanks! :)

Also, thanks for asking the question - I have a whole lot of things to add to my netflix!!

Me too, Kristen. :D

• Earth: Final Conflict
  • First Wave
  • The Lost Room
  • Torchwood--a British series with ocassional (to me) s*xually shocking themes, but it's still good. I just cringe and keep watching, lol.
  • Primeval--another British series, kind of hokey but watchable
  • Day of the Triffids--both a British series and a movie (you might be inspired to read the book)

I just wanted to second Doctor Who and Warehouse 13. We just started watching Doctor Who and I am completely and totally addicted. And we started watching Warehouse 13 last season and if you like Eureka (one of my favorite shows) then you'll love it.

Love Dr Who and the new TV show , The Event....

Battlestar Galactica (new)

Just wanted to say, I loved this series, until it ended. There were a few things left unanswered that dh and I thought were important to say why/how/what. I don't want to give it away as the questions don't even come up until season 3 (I think).

It wasn't that we didn't like the explanation. There was no explanation.

But until the end, we really enjoyed it!

There are a LOT of seasons of Dr. Who available on Netflix and if you have BBC America, there are a lot of marathons and such.

• Torchwood--a British series with ocassional (to me) s*xually shocking themes, but it's still good. I just cringe and keep watching, lol.

Torchwood is a Dr. Who spinoff, for those who do not know. :)

A great parody movie that hasn't been mentioned? Galaxy Quest. LOVE IT!