Menu

Can anyone else NOT eat after cooking a big meal?

This is weird...but anytime I cook a big meal, like for Thanksgiving or for company, i sit down, and I am just not that hungry. It's not that I nibble the whole time I cook either. I taste very little while I cook. It is just not appealing to me by the time I sit down. I don't have this problem with our normal "simpler" meals. Just the big meals that require a lot of prep time. Anyone else like that? Or am I just weird?

Edited by fairfarmhand

I'm that way. I think it's being around the smells for so long. I worked in a restraunt in high school, and lost a lot of weight because I ate less after being around food cooking all the time! :D Hmmm, maybe I should go back to work! :lol:
I worked in bakeries. I still don't eat donuts more than once a year, and cake--meh.

I do this even with simpler meals and so seldom eat dinner at night. I think working with raw meat also sort of turns me off to eating....

I've never been that big on meat eating, anyway, and when I was young and started working in my family's grocery business, the meat department was the first place they put me. Being around raw meat is pretty much a turn off for me.

For the past few years, I've been buying more locally produced, free range meats, and that has made some difference for me, but I still tend not to eat after cooking....