Menu

How many people are YOU having for Thanksgiving dinner?

Last year we were so out of our element...in a foreign country...didn't know many people...had no idea where to find what we would need for our turkey dinner or even IF we could find it. A nice family we work with invited us for thanksgiving dinner. It made SUCH a difference.

So this year I wanted to pass it on... I sent out an email to staff stating that anyone who did not have someone to spend thanksgiving with were welcome to come to our house (I know where to get a turkey now! lol).

They responded. Boy did they. I have 35 people coming for dinner!!!! :svengo:

It is going to be a blast but holy cow...35 people??? yikes. :tongue_smilie:

We are just having our family of four - and that's enough!!! My tiny German oven has one rack and barely fits one 9 x 13 Pyrex! I have no idea how I am going to make turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, and sweet potato souffle. I seriously think that we are going to have to eat one dish at a time, LOL!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

This year is going to be a lot less work for me than in the past 5 years! I only have to make the turkey and 7 pies for about 40 people or so.

In previous years our base has hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for people who are here and wanting a place to eat and celebrate, and, since I'm the only person who seemed to know how to cook:001_huh: I made it all. From beginning to end. Me. Only me. We would serve between 70-100 people.:glare:

Yep, this year will be a piece of cake.

Usually it is just my family of 6, but this year we have friends coming and they are a family of 5 (although 2 of them are 9 mo twins, so they won't eat much if anything). We divided the menu so we are each cooking/baking approximately the same amount, but we are hosting as our home is bigger. They also joined us last New Year's Eve for a fondue feast and we plan on doing that again.

My house is having the same crowd as we always do on holidays:

My sister's family (2 adults + 2 kids)

My grandmother

My family (2 adults + 2 kids)

9 total

I invited an aunt and my mother but I doubt that they'll come. I have a huge family (lots of siblings, my father & step mother) but they all live out of town and we all refuse to travel on the holidays. I guess we're a family of set-in-our-way grinches. We get together at other odd times of the year. :001_smile: